• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Thanks for all the love you guys have shown me since finding out about me working at 343 now. It seriously means a lot <3

Congrats Tashi.

I know I'm not a "true" HaloGAFfer, but I have been a hardcore Halo fan since I was the age of those little kids in those hilarious pictures where they're carrying H4 assault rifles. I know what it's like to dream about working at the source, and I too am close to achieving some dreams of my own (even though I think I'll make my way without people chanting "HIRE GRIZZ!" on a video game forum bugsbunny.png). I've been little more than an asshole and a complainer, but I want you to know that my congratulations are sincere.

You'll not only be my neighbor physically but also in the world of vidyer games, and I hope you have a great time becoming a valuable part of the muti-hundred-million-dollar machine.

wwm0nkey

DO NOT WANT. Don't think I could take oceans of nerd vomit along with the mountains of moist handshakes.
At least you never had some guy in line with you at SDCC trying to fake punch you by touching your head while you are waiting in line to play Halo 4 yet.

Love going to cons but there are always those guys....

Gui_PT

BfOjxee.gif

Shout out to my boy Gui

Thank you my good man. It was a work of love.

alts staying one step ahead of the mods trying to stomp them out.

lmaoooo

All this talk of drinking at PAX confirms my fear of being the "odd one out" at the event for the HaloGAF meet-up. :( Damn my under-ageness. Ghazi, Zoojoo, and all the other Younglins meet up and let's go eat something while these oldies drink.

PAX costs a lot of monies. Have fun Speedy.

OddOne alt confirmed

All this talk of drinking at PAX confirms my fear of being the "odd one out" at the event for the HaloGAF meet-up. :( Damn my under-ageness. Ghazi, Zoojoo, and all the other Younglins meet up and let's go eat something while these oldies drink.

If you are letting age stop you, you're doing it wrong. This is America damn it!

FyreWulff

Actually PAX has a big problem with underage drinking.

Fuchsdh

Am I old for HaloGAF? Just turned 26 this month. I KNOW I'm old for Waypoint. .

I think twenties seems the standard demo for GAF.

Sometimes people just make bad name choices and want to change them. The name change bothers me less than the avatar changes though, since I primarily identify people by visuals.

DJ Gunner

Am I old for HaloGAF? Just turned 26 this month. I KNOW I'm old for Waypoint. .

If you're too old, then kick my ass out right now because I've got fourteen years on you.

I think I do alright at Halo (when I'm into it) for a guy my age with family/job/mortgage etc. Haven't played much 4 since they redid the CSR for team slayer, so when I do get the odd urge to play now I get matched with people that can't look around and move at the same time. I really wouldn't mind playing more 4, but going in alone (which is my only option since none of my friends play anymore) sucks, no one ever votes for Legendary.
/blogGaf

SpartanN92

Banned

I used to feel the exact same way...I turned 21 during the weekend of PAX prime last year...Several Halo.Bungie.Org members (They may have GAF accounts too) took me out to celebrate. It was pretty wonderful!

As an aside though all the previous years I went underage, nobody IDs during PAX/E3 weekends :p

Hell, I'll do XBC if someone wants to play.
I'm down for CE on XBC if anyone's ever interested, especially if you have a 2-4box. My host is a beast, so you'd only have to worry about some delay.

Whenever you guys have people over for a LAN, consider playing CE over H2/H3 or depending on how many people you have over, shoot me a PM and let's play some games on XBC.

Mistel

Banned
Actually PAX has a big problem with underage drinking.
That doesn't seem surprising really, the supply and demand logistics would be interesting to track.

One of the bustier dancers had a wardrobe malfunction lots of hot girls and boob's in the same day. Yay.

SpartanN92

Banned
I can legally drink in my country but wouldn't do it in PAX :/

Before I turned 21 I was only ever ID'd once at a PAX event and that was at the Microsoft Campus. At the Halo 4 pre release PAX play test session a 343 employee was checking our IDs and stamping our badges to signify weather we could drink or not.

Thats it...Never got ID'd once at any other event. E3 was supposedly very strict about no underage guests allowed to the Sony Party but they didn't ID me.

Maybe I look older?

FyreWulff

That doesn't seem surprising really, the supply and demand logistics would be interesting to track.

One of the bustier dancers had a wardrobe malfunction lots of hot girls and boob's in the same day. Yay.

A bunch of nerds far away from their parents, and all you have to do is go down the hallway of the Sheraton and knock on a door. 50/50 chance it's a party, and nobody is actually making sure people are of age. Or people getting fucking Everclear and drinking that.

At this point, it's only a matter of 'when' for PAX's first alcohol poisoning death.

[/soapbox]

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This is suprisingly true, I'm 17 and have the capability to grow a full beard, and when I do, I can pass for upwards of 20, according to other people.

I haven't been asked for ID since I was... 14. :)

Going out drinking loses it's appeal after a few years, by the time I was 17 I was over it.

A decade ago, holy shit. Hah.

The first time a stranger addressed me as mister... shocked me. All in the beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom