• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope someone keeps HaloGAF Radio going. Keep the short format and do it once or twice a month. We should get two co-hosts -- one should be funny, and one should be someone who's generally on top of the latest news. Or they could both be both, of course. We could have a few people who rotate between editing, too. That way if one person is too busy / flakes out, someone else can do it.

nillapuddin

Im doing some spring cleaning on my computer and found this old gem, This is a prototype website I made back in late 2012, with all my involvement in the Forge community at the time I was going to try and facilitate a prettier way to showcase some Forge maps.

I had first created this wikia which ran in tandem with the b.net group (and is laughably bad now), and the intention was to make something better than looking at a wall of text.

I was proud of the improvements I made in the "full realization" of the website, but the lack of file sharing at launch... (hurt the project) and ultimately life really got in the way and I was unable to populate the site : /

I know Ill always be forgin' at the bit, hopefully there is a place for us forgers in the future.

Computer

Signed up for the beta on Xbox One. I played the alpha and it was addicting.

Also congrats Tashi. I think its pretty cool to have a Halogaf representative at 343.

Fuchsdh

Time for ManCannon Radio to take over!

Damn, I expected this post at least twenty posts back. My predictions are slipping.

That Princess Leia hairbun photo Frank posted pretty much confirmed he was hired though.

One the one hand, it's great 343 hired someone passionate about the game/series and very community minded, but bad on the other hand for HaloGAF. I mean sure others may have said he wasn't the only member involved with the Halo community, and that's true, but he was one of the last pre-Reach members here who actively contributed, did HaloGAF Radio, tried to coordinate customs nights, update people on news and things like the turbo update, create informative OT's or help test maps/gametypes.

Congrats again though Tashi.

Cuts me deep, man. Customs this weekend!

Also, if you like Halo music you should really pick up the Spartan Assault Soundtrack. Great Marty/Rippyesque tunes in there.

Dub117

Grats Tashi, and nice last podcast guys. 10/10 would listen again.
So, I know how most reboots go, and I still want to see Robocop. As much as I don't want it to ruin Robocop, and thinking it will, I don't think I will be able to stop myself. Thoughts?

Syphon Filter check PMs

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Congrats Tashi. Community Coordinator sounds like the perfect position. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad jealous, but you've put in the work around these parts for sure. I think people joked about you wanting a job at 343 more than they did about me even.

Now get Frank and David to let you help with the podcast there.

Wait, does this mean you'll be the one buying us Tequila shots at PAX this year and not Frank? :p

Fuchsdh

Congrats Tashi. Community Coordinator sounds like the perfect position. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad jealous, but you've put in the work around these parts for sure. I think people joked about you wanting a job at 343 more than they did about me even.

Now get Frank and David to let you help with the podcast there.

Wait, does this mean you'll be the one buying us Tequila shots at PAX this year and not Frank? :p

Good point. I miss the podcasts. Hell even Bungie's aren't the same as they were back in the day.

Fracas

#fuckonami
BfOjxee.gif

Shout out to my boy Gui

I really hope someone keeps HaloGAF Radio going. Keep the short format and do it once or twice a month. We should get two co-hosts -- one should be funny, and one should be someone who's generally on top of the latest news.

Okay, so for podcast hosts we get Heckfu and also someone that is funny.

Got it.

FlSWoxz.png

Normal responses right? WRONG, he added an "a" to the word clever. What does that "a" stand for you ask? Anniversary. H2A confirmed motherfuckers

Omni

Probably an old topic... But seeing as I've only started playing again for the first time in 8 months or so.

Is it me or is the SAW waaaaaay overpowered at the moment? I've seen people take out Manti[?] with it. The range is crazy and it feels like as soon as they see you, your shields are already down.... Making it pretty much impossible to outshoot them with a BR or something. Seems like there is no real downside to the weapon

Mistel

Banned
Probably an old topic... But seeing as I've only started playing again for the first time in 8 months or so.

Is it me or is the SAW waaaaaay overpowered at the moment? I've seen people take out Manti[?] with it. The range is crazy and it feels like as soon as they see you, your shields are already down.... Making it pretty much impossible to outshoot them with a BR or something. Seems like there is no real downside to the weapon
I think it's, it gets even better when you pulse it like an SMG. I've managed to kill a couple of saw wielding player at close range, but if you're in scope your reticle will just go haywire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom