• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
I disagree, complex can be an engaging experience, espe...

Nope, can't do it, it's also terrible.

Btb on complex is god awful it lacks any flow it just becomes a DMR fest due to lack of cover. Or depending on the team they haul up in that room with the frag spawn.

Valhalla shouldn't have been a halo 4 map it isn't designed for the sandbox with long range spawn weapons.

Long bow and meltdown are kinda meh along with exile as well.

Wreckage and shatter were alright for how little of them I play them, plus I killed Oddone a couple of times on shatter.

Thanks, guys. Sounds like it's best played when free.

As someone who played quite a lot of both borderlands games, might I suggest either Krieg or Gaige as they have are good value and are quite different from the other characters with skills and play style.

Slag is you best friend in the form of a bandit slag smg but legendary weapons don't scale with level until ultimate vault hunter mode.

Fuchsdh

Forge could do with improvements in the terrain department or at least maps with different environment.

Didn't far cry 3 have a terrain editor?

Well we know that. I think Homeboyd was referring to any possible rumors that would support such changes actually being made in the next incarnation, or if it's just more wishful thinking.

cycle.gif

So where do we fall on the chart currently?

Probably rumors which means....

NEWS IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!

zomg

HaloGAF cycle never lies.

Forget about Halo and COD mechanics, all gameplay is based around elemental damage.

Electric destroys blue shields
Corrosive destroy yellow shields
Fire destroy organic health
Slag double the damage
Explosive fuck your shields

No ADS required, no spray required just play the way you want while you have the elemental damage required to beat that area.

As someone who played quite a lot of both borderlands games, might I suggest either Krieg or Gaige as they have are good value and are quite different from the other characters with skills and play style.

Slag is you best friend in the form of a bandit slag smg but legendary weapons don't scale with level until ultimate vault hunter mode.
Awesome, I'm looking forward to playing it finally. Been a while since I've played a FPS

Mistel

Banned
Well we know that. I think Homeboyd was referring to any possible rumors that would support such changes actually being made in the next incarnation, or if it's just more wishful thinking.

I hope there is actual changes instead of rumors then nothing in the next inclination. I've got map ideas but I can't make them in forge its current form.

belushy

Banned
PC Map maker > Anything forge. Just adding terrain editing won't change anything if we still only get lego pieces with a dull color scheme again.

PC Map maker > Anything forge. Just adding terrain editing won't change anything if we still only get lego pieces with a dull color scheme again.

Alll they'll give us is Lego blocks (albeit a decent set of Lego blocks) because anything else would take away from dat sweet sweet DLC money

new Jason Jones GI interview,

That leads well into the other thing that I was going to ask. We talked about that segment of your Bungie fanbase that comes for the single-player. There’s another part of your fanbase that comes because they don’t care about story and they want to go online; they want to shoot their buddies. Does Destiny speak to that group as well?

Certainly, competitive multiplayer hasn’t gotten any less important to us. We still love that. What I have found is that the people who really loved our games the most are the people who sample the whole experience, the people who loved competitive gaming and understood and played the campaign. What we’re going to do our best to do, again without forcing because I think that would be the wrong thing to do – we’re going to get this unified progression. I think that’s so powerful if we can get you to do this. We’re going to make the competitive game and the solo or cooperative game, or the game where you fight AI versus the game where you fight people, to make both of those viable paths for improving your character and getting new stuff to make your character better. We would very much like it if people got immersed in the story, got distracted by the competitive game, came back to the story, realized there were other cooperative activities that could be played, and just bounce back and forth between a bunch of different things that Destiny has to offer.

But we realize some people are going to come, dip their toes in the story and play competitive and we absolutely want to be there for those people, because I’m that person sometimes. The competitive game has a simplicity that’s really wonderful. We try to bring a lot of that to the cooperative game. Sometimes you do just want to have you and the other guy and see who’s going to win over and over again for six hours in a row for three weeks in a row. And that’s fine. We’re not going to take that away.[/B] We’re going to do the best we can with unified progression to make sure that every time you play, competitive or cooperative if that's your thing, you’re getting tempted by these other activities, because I think people who enjoy the game, both the character and the world, are really going to enjoy taking that character into other activities.
[/B]

rest of the article here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...es-the-destiny-interview.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Really hope Bungie manages to knock this out of the park

aj1467

i work at a comic shop, so i was happy to hear that its ongoing. but does it have anything to do with Palmer? because FUCK palmer

She is in it, but the story isn't focused on her like Initiation was.

I don't really like her either but I found her surprisingly tolerable in this.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'd like legendary if i wasnt forced to use the BR. I love the BR and the DMR equally so i should be able to use the DMR off spawn.

but we got Legendary BRs because GhostAyame.

Uhh no we didn't. Legendary was originally just AR starts. 343 were sort of worried that with BRs it would be too similar to Throwdown (Ghostayame's playlist)...Doubles was the first playlist to have Legendary BRs.

Uhh no we didn't. Legendary was originally just AR starts. 343 were sort of worried that with BRs it would be too similar to Throwdown (Ghostayame's playlist)...Doubles was the first playlist to have Legendary BRs.

Well i retract my statement. but my point is(not a point for loadouts) but why not have the choice for DMR (patched to have 2x zoom) and BRs? since they both are "utility Weapons"

or AR starts with plenty of weapons on map... Oh. did they ever patch the 12 second thing?

Also Can we please have a Halo movie now? i mean shit, Pseudo Mjolnir armor influences. kinda looks like the rig Matt damon wore in Elysium or w/e.

Karl2177

Fuchsdh

Of course a PC-based map editor is going to be more sophisticated and allow greater customization than Forge. But that's really not the point—343 is most likely not going to spend money developing a system that most players will never use (considering so few people use Forge in the first place). Forge's greatest strength is in its ease-of-use, and there's plenty of room to expand on its capabilities and make it even easier to use on consoles.

Tawpgun

Well i retract my statement. but my point is(not a point for loadouts) but why not have the choice for DMR (patched to have 2x zoom) and BRs? since they both are "utility Weapons"

or AR starts with plenty of weapons on map... Oh. did they ever patch the 12 second thing?

Also Can we please have a Halo movie now? i mean shit, Pseudo Mjolnir armor influences. kinda looks like the rig Matt damon wore in Elysium or w/e.

BR is the best weapon.

Can't ping from a mile away like a DMR. 4 shot kill. Feels like Halo 2-3.

Legendary Slayer on Haven is the best Halo since Halo 3

Mistel

Banned

Isn't the DMR even with 2x zoom still kind of pointless vs a BR at closer ranges much like in reach with the NR or the carbine in halo 4.

if it's called legendary slayer why not have the anniversary multiplayer pistol patched in for it as the standard side arm?

I meant its single shot and 2x zoom and it's not as easy to use as the DMR is, if its a celebration of classic halo why not use the closest thing to the CE pistol that took skill to use in the game type instead of a pocket power weapon that should have been left in reach.

Of course a PC-based map editor is going to be more sophisticated and allow greater customization than Forge. But that's really not the point—343 is most likely not going to spend money developing a system that most players will never use (considering so few people use Forge in the first place). Forge's greatest strength is in its ease-of-use, and there's plenty of room to expand on its capabilities and make it even easier to use on consoles.

I doubt they'd spend the effort but I wonder how hard it would be. They obviously already have in-house map editing tools so it wouldn't be like they're starting from scratch. It would probably be ridiculously easy to exploit, though... oh well.

A better forge would be great, like if there was an "optimize" mode that either culled excess geometry from forge pieces that were occluded or just showed you the estimated FPS for split screen players at any given point.

Forge - for the children who just want to move spawns and boxes.

Master Builder - in-depth editor for those who know what they want to make and have the interest/desire to make unique designs that match or exceed 343's creation. It's painfully obvious that the desire for a greater editor is there.

Then Funknown and Oddone can hug it out like bros.

I miss The Halo Council :(

Isn't the DMR even with 2x zoom still kind of pointless vs a BR at closer ranges much like in reach with the NR or the carbine in halo 4.

if it's called legendary slayer why not have the anniversary multiplayer pistol patched in for it as the standard side arm?

I meant its single shot and 2x zoom and it's not as easy to use as the DMR is, if its a celebration of classic halo why not use the closest thing to the CE pistol that took skill to use in the game type instead of a pocket power weapon that should have been left in reach.

Shhh, not too loud. CE Pistol naysayers will hear you! All the logic and experience in the world don't matter because it was scrapped by Bungie, so it MUST'VE been broken!

Forge - for the children who just want to move spawns and boxes.

Master Builder - in-depth editor for those who know what they want to make and have the interest/desire to make unique designs that match or exceed 343's creation. It's painfully obvious that the desire for a greater editor is there.

Slick name for a new editor; this has my vote.

belushy

Banned
I always thought The Anvil would be a neat name for a Halo PC map making program. Master Builder is neat too, though.

And they don't have to scratch Forge from the game or anything. Leave it as-is so those who don't want to make real maps/don't have the talent to can still get their creative juices flowing.

IHaveIce

Banned
Played some games of Halo 4 again.

Infinity is still the gametype from hell and it belongs into Action Sack.

All maps are shit.

Sprint is shit.

Most weapons behave like shit.

Went 29/6 in one game, players are shit.

That is all.

Can anyone tell me how the Windows 8 store works with Halo Spartan Assault? Like if I buy it can I put it in more than one PC or does the one I buy it on own the license?

Fuchsdh

I always thought The Anvil would be a neat name for a Halo PC map making program. Master Builder is neat too, though.

And they don't have to scratch Forge from the game or anything. Leave it as-is so those who don't want to make real maps/don't have the talent to can still get their creative juices flowing.

That's incredibly insulting and naive.

I think you just insulted the majority of HaloGAF in one shot but I am confuse.

I am pretty sure not even I could have insulted everyone so effectively but I am probably wrong.

Nebula

I was massively into forge near the end of Halo 3 and began researching map making through numerous websites and such but Reach murdered all that enthusiasm for me. Halo 4 shot the idea into the Sun where it can never be retrieved.

Karl2177

That's incredibly insulting and naive.

I think you just insulted the majority of HaloGAF in one shot but I am confuse.

I am pretty sure not even I could have insulted everyone so effectively but I am probably wrong.
"It's not what you said, it's just the way you said it." Uggghhhhhhhh. It's a perfectly good point. There's a learning curve to 3d modelers that not everyone can do. For those that can't, there's Forge as it is.

at least he didn't have to make an alt account to keep posting!
rekt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom