• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching the 343 day stream and listening to Josh Holmes. Didn't they just demote this guy then they cart him up there to say what he did for Halo 4 ...which sucks?

edit: What games are you playing right now?

Josh:
Ac4
BF4
CoD

Explains a lot of his vision. Does anyone besides Bravo actually play Halo?

TheOddOne

at least he didn't have to make an alt account to keep posting!
1ES39J2.gif

lol This again? You guys sure go out of your way to make someone feel shitty when all they want to do is be part of a community. Not to mention, there's a thing called the ignore button..

Shit man, stop being such cliquey baboons. HUGS FOR EVERYONE!

Karl2177

lol This again? You guys sure go out of your way to make someone feel shitty when all they want to do is be part of a community. Not to mention, there's a thing called the ignore button..

Shit man, stop being such cliquey baboons. HUGS FOR EVERYONE!
Or ya know, you get banned and you accept the consequences of being banned.

kylej

Banned
ty. also I was banned right before but I want to say The Last of Us is my game of the generation and everyone should go play it.

belushy

Banned
That's incredibly insulting and naive.

I think you just insulted the majority of HaloGAF in one shot but I am confuse.

I am pretty sure not even I could have insulted everyone so effectively but I am probably wrong.

I was massively into forge near the end of Halo 3 and began researching map making through numerous websites and such but Reach murdered all that enthusiasm for me. Halo 4 shot the idea into the Sun where it can never be retrieved.

I apologize. That wasn't my intention to insult anybody. Re-reading it I definitely could have worded it differently.

Actually, looking at it I couldn't have. It was a stupid thing to say on my part, and I don't know why I posted it as I posted it.

I apologize. That wasn't my intention to insult anybody. Re-reading it I definitely could have worded it differently.

Actually, looking at it I couldn't have. It was a stupid thing to say on my part, and I don't know why I posted it as I posted it.

Don't sweat it man seriously. I was only fucking around. I'm a little older so I get all shitty when the hemorrhoids kick in. It's a real pain in the ass.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I need to play through The Last of Us again. Absolutely incredible game, and I'm still shocked that Naughty Dog was capable of creating something like that.

Or ya know, you get banned and you accept the consequences of being banned.

residentsleeper.png

A CHAMPION response. Kudos to you.

Truth be told, Forgers have done amazing work with the options they have. I'd love to see what they could do with a full blown map editor.

Don't sweat it man seriously. I was only fucking around. I'm a little older so I get all shitty when the hemorrhoids kick in. It's a real pain in the ass.

iLul'd.

I scrolled through the page quickly and something that looked like kylej's avatar caught my eye.

HaloGAF is saved.

I give up |OT20| and give it back to where it belongs, Kyle.

IHaveIce

Banned
god damn it

TLOU is definitely amazing, though.

Kittens with an Milhouse avatar - doesn't compute.

Also welcome back Kyle, now only juices needs to be back again of the recent banned posters.

Also TLOU was great, despite some weird fps issues going on in some parts of the game

Mistel

Banned
Shhh, not too loud. CE Pistol naysayers will hear you! All the logic and experience in the world don't matter because it was scrapped by Bungie, so it MUST'VE been broken!

Unless you have some thing to back up this claim I'm not really sure how you want me to respond other # team oddone

i wish spartan assault would come out sooner for xbone. i wanna play it :(

Same, I'm pretty excited honestly. I wonder how a twin stick shooter would play with some competitive multiplayer.

50 PPP Top of the page EDIT: Say whatever you few guys want, but I've talked about the CE Magnum more than enough. Check my history if you want to read some of the walls I've posted about how not only was the Maggie balanced in CE, but how it could be further balanced if it were to return (ie: with faster movement speed, more responsive strafe, the little aim assist it had and even making it a 4sk).

Also, Halo shootouts haven't been this fun since 2001-2004. Thank you. There are more than enough videos and "testimonials" out there from people who actually put the years in with this game.

heckfu

Banned
Same, I'm pretty excited honestly. I wonder how a twin stick shooter would play with some competitive multiplayer.

'I made a game with zombies in it' was a really rad twin stick game my current roommate and i used to play all the time in college so im hoping it has like that exact same game but with halo.

Fuchsdh

'I made a game with zombies in it' was a really rad twin stick game my current roommate and i used to play all the time in college so im hoping it has like that exact same game but with halo.

At the very least it will provide some classic Halo sonic nostalgia (and the Elites move just like CE ones.)

Alright 570 entries now.

Still to go:
2Old2Play
TiedTheLeader
Rampancy.net
FuD
BTB.net (Is this still around I can't seem to locate their website anymore??)

Already hit up:
Bnet
Waypoint
GAF
HBO
r/halo
TeamBeyond
HaloEvolved

So I saw a couple of posts here saying they'd help out with the stats/infographic(s). Who wants to help? I think we should get a start on how we want to present it as I think by the end of next week we would be good to close it off and this will let us get a headstart on the work. I was thinking 2 infographics (1 campaign, 1 multi) and a full PDF report as a link/download.

I can PM anyone who wants to help the current data as a PDF or CSV but I don't want you to let it out in the wild as yet. Keep it secret so the infographics aren't spoiled.

We could make the infographics and someone do some video animated version and maybe use Warher's 10min mix etc. We could even piggie back our HaloGAF montage onto this :)

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 had local competitive (and co-op) multiplayer. Played it only a few times, but it gets you mad at your friends really quick, so I'd say it's pretty damned good.

Mistel

Banned
Key words here for anyone else that wants to question it.

You trying to fit in or something Stormtrooper?

lulz57orm.gif

I just asked a question because I was interested in what you posted earlier no need to place any agenda on my post. If you had been clear in the first place it wouldn't a problem.

If you would kindly link to one of your magnum mega posts I'll read it.

Edit: ozzy last I saw of big team battle . net was about around the castle map pack release, then it just disappeared though which is a shame. It was one of my favorite halo sites

belushy

Banned

I think btb.net was hacked a few months ago and the owner hasn't put it back up yet or something. I remember because I heard she had THC's archives backed up on her site and now no one can access it.

Alright 570 entries now.

Still to go:
2Old2Play
TiedTheLeader
Rampancy.net
FuD

Already hit up:
Bnet
Waypoint
GAF
HBO
r/halo
TeamBeyond
HaloEvolved

So I saw a couple of posts here saying they'd help out with the stats/infographic(s). Who wants to help? I think we should get a start on how we want to present it as I think by the end of next week we would be good to close it off and this will let us get a headstart on the work. I was thinking 2 infographics (1 campaign, 1 multi) and a full PDF report as a link/download.

I can PM anyone who wants to help the current data as a PDF or CSV but I don't want you to let it out in the wild as yet. Keep it secret so the infographics aren't spoiled.

We could make the infographics and someone do some video animated version and maybe use Warher's 10min mix etc. We could even piggie back our HaloGAF montage onto this :)

I just read The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, and I'd kind of like to see if I could turn out anything interesting.

I think btb.net was hacked a few months ago and the owner hasn't put it back up yet or something. I remember because I heard she had THC's archives backed up on her site and now no one can access it.

Thanks for the info.

I just read The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, and I'd kind of like to see if I could turn out anything interesting.

Can you do vector work? At the moment I/we are leaning towards Halo art as mostly vector but some raster based stuff for characters/objects etc and then animating it with a music overlay. I think a video presentation with accompanying PDF could be a real winner.

Of course I'm open to suggestions.

Also this is so much Halo dedication...damn
wp_20131204_18_54_13_pro.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned
They really have to change everything huh?

Also who ever is the artist, he/she is bad. Like someone already said that looks straight out of the nineties and even then it would have been super bad.

343 pls you are Microsoft, you have to have money, hire good artists.

Edit:^^^pls don't tell me this is a permanent tattoo...

Fuchsdh

Just saw Fyrewulff's tweet from earlier...

The Arbiter, our current Arbiter, Vadam now looks like this :

Thel_2558.png

From Halo Escalation.

So he's wearing the H4 version of the Zealot helm, but it's also crossed with the H3 Ascetic armor (or maybe that's what the Elite behind him is supposed to be wearing.)
It's not too bad, although I wonder about the Arbiter armor--I guess he wouldn't wear it any more as it was a symbol of the oppression of the Prophets?

Booshka

Welcome back Kyle, I've had The Last of Us sitting on my shelf for months now ever since my friend lent it to me. Now that I have finally got Platinum in Demon's Souls I might just play it.

Probably not though, still gotta get a 1000 points in Dark Souls PC.

heh

Edit:^^^pls don't tell me this is a permanent tattoo...

Yes indeed.

Just filled it out, bit confused about submitting it. Just clicked next page on the second page and it took me to an advertisement, is that right?

Yes all good, submitted fine. The free surveys handle unlimited entries where the monthly subscriptions of $10-$20 p.m. only allow 1,000 entries. So for a confirmation page I'll have to pony up $180. If we crack 1,000 I'll do that but it's a little messed up on the confirmation page features. KwikSurveys suited the job and is about the only decent survey system with unlimited entries for free, exit page sucks as an advert though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom