• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 15 yr old attracted to a 15 yr old isn't that odd. I mean, you could doe that fool for looking at your sister, but the age thing doesn't seem to be the disturbing part... considering.

Speedy is the same age as me (17). Actually right now, I'm more disturbed that Mix thinks my sister is hot.

Sister Shills? D:

TheOddOne

BREAKING: Voice of Master Chief confirms Halo 2 Anniversary, says Halo 5 won't release this year
In an interview that will publish soon on GameZone, Steve Downes, the long-time voice of Master Chief, told us we shouldn’t expect to see Halo 5 in 2014, but that the series will still see at least one release this year.

“I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5,” Downes said. “I wouldn’t expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2.”

Omni

1016.gif

edit. Source is a bit... odd. Is it reliable?

Shit was cray. Couldn't believe that expert zone thing worked. Got a few others in that way too.

Halo 5 going to have like 83620463 maps in its beta according to that leaker, so hey, could be kewl too.
I'll believe a 343 beta when I see it.

Yeah I'm with you. Leading shots seems silly to me in retrospect.
It is silly. There are far better ways of making a target difficult to hit in a videogame, and pretending to be real life isn't one of them.

Dub117

]

She is though...
I'm only kind of kidding

Also, I saw the Robocop remake yesterday and and it was really good :)
Come at me
Been waiting for a real person to tell me how it is, i don't trust critics anymore really. So worth the movies price or wait until it is streamable?

Also H2A hnggggg

Mix

Been waiting for a real person to tell me how it is, i don't trust critics anymore really. So worth the movies price or wait until it is streamable?

Also H2A hnggggg

I thought it was very good, definitely worth that price, especially for the added theatre feel. I loved it, but people are saying it wasn't that great. I don't know I'm a movie guy, a director/writer and I liked it a lot.

Shot leading is terrible because its over the Xbox Lag service. If it was in a LAN setting and it was quantitative in application I would be down for that. Otherwise NO, just fucking no. I don't care if CE had it its not best for online gaming.

Dub117

I thought it was very good, definitely worth that price, especially for the added theatre feel. I loved it, but people are saying it wasn't that great. I don't know I'm a movie guy, a director/writer and I liked it a lot.
Cool thanks

^how did you get in already, email? And that article says it comes from another article that wasn't supposed to get published for a while, maybe until after the H2A announcement? And somebody just leaked it

Omni

GameZone says that they will post the full interview soon, so we shall see.
I'm a little cautious.

Especially about interviews that are transcribed straight to text without an accompanying video. It's a little too easy to say someone said something they didn't.

Shot leading is terrible because its over the Xbox Lag service. If it was in a LAN setting and it was quantitative in application I would be down for that. Otherwise NO, just fucking no. I don't care if CE had it its not best for online gaming.
Xbox lag service? This isn't 2007. Shot leading works with dedicated servers. Just look at games like Battlefield. I know people were soured by the whole projectile thing in Halo 3 over P2P, but it's really not the same.

Striker

Wait until there's proper info about it. You know,rather than walking into a game where there's jetpacks and promethean vision on Lockout.

H2A would be great, loved the campaign and multiplayer, especially the maps. Oh god so many great maps in H2. Keep in mind it could very well be like CEA, a campaign redesign but multiplayer shoehorned into H4 or HX1 engine...

As for the rest of those claims by that GAF leaker, if they come true I'll have to change my avatar ;) e.g. H3 coming to X1 etc.

3Yur6Yc.jpg

Duji

Agreed. Unless the dedis we get provide stable pings of less than ~50 ms, sticking to hitscan would be better overall.

Kibbles

if any of you happen to be part of Microsoft Expert Zone, you can get the TitanFall beta a couple hours early by completing a quiz or something.

Do they contact your employer? Like I don't work in the video games department at my store but I do walk by it sometimes ;)

Caayn

Do they contact your employer? Like I don't work in the video games department at my store but I do walk by it sometimes ;)
You need to prove that you work in retail, I did it by sending a copy of a paycheck. All the good stuff is available for Americans only anyways, so if you're outside of the USA don't expect any free stuff.
The Titanfall course isn't online for me on expertzone :(
Not that I expected it the XB1 hasn't officially launched here yet.

Fracas

#fuckonami
CBOAT's claiming a potential $400 Kinectless SKU w/ a game around May.

If Halo 2 Anniversary has non-butchered multiplayer than I'm in.
Yes, with 3 emails, all on Xbox One though, I have no interest in the PC version.

Ah okay, didn't know you had an XB1. I don't see why you wouldn't get in

Prologue

I got banned when this news came out a few weeks ago. I think its incredibly dishonest/sneaky to release that E3 video that clearly showed Halo 5(with a 2014 date weeks later) and then backpedal and say "lol we just mean't halo's journey will start in 2014". Don't get me wrong, Halo 2 defined multiplayer for me and I would pick up an X1 on day one just for the game, I just didn't like how they handled E3. It reminded me how Sony handled that Killzone e3 footage.

How would they even handle Halo 2 anniversary? Halo anniversary did not have a separate online component because they did not want take a bite out of Halo Reach's play base. I have a hard time seeing H2 anniversary having a separate online component and then releasing Halo 5 next year. The halo fan base would be divided and it would sure take a lot for me to leave those Halo 2 maps.

Omni

I got banned when this news came out a few weeks ago. I think its incredibly dishonest/sneaky to release that E3 video that clearly showed Halo 5(with a 2014 date weeks later) and then backpedal and say "lol we just mean't halo's journey will start in 2014".
But they've never shown anything that said Halo 5.

E3 trailer said Halo on Xbox One. There was a leaked video that said Halo 5 but it was taken down almost straight away.

Maybe MS wants to rely on Titanfall for a whole year since those guys are kinda regretting their game to be PC/Xbox One exclusive and Activision giving MS warnings about breaking their exclusive timed DLC and moving Halo 5 for the next year.

Prologue

But they've never shown anything that said Halo 5.

E3 trailer said Halo on Xbox One. There was a leaked video but it was taken down almost straight away.

It showed Chief, a forerunner/tech thing and Cortana's lifeless chip. And immediately after the video that young women came on stage and said that halo 5 will be 1080p/60 fps. If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog and barks like one, you can't just tell me its a giraffe. They wanted people to think it was Halo 5 to try and gain sales that holiday season.

My attitude would be very different if they just released a Haloish video and said that we will enjoy the halo universe again soon on next gen.

Why are people surprised, the H2 leak was real from that leaker the other day. Also this is nice and all but it still sucks that the future of Halo is dead. We will play this but who knows how long the community will last.

m23

CBOAT's claiming a potential $400 Kinectless SKU w/ a game around May.

If Halo 2 Anniversary has non-butchered multiplayer than I'm in.

Ah okay, didn't know you had an XB1. I don't see why you wouldn't get in

Where did he say that?

Nebula

It showed Chief, a forerunner/tech thing and Cortana's lifeless chip. And immediately after the video that young women came on stage and said that halo 5 will be 1080p/60 fps. If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog and barks like one, you can't just tell me its a giraffe. They wanted people to think it was Halo 5 to try and gain sales that holiday season.

My attitude would be very different if they just released a Haloish video and said that we will enjoy the halo universe again soon on next gen.

I'm getting Déjà vu.

Why are people surprised, the H2 leak was real from that leaker the other day. Also this is nice and all but it still sucks that the future of Halo is dead. We will play this but who knows how long the community will last.

If you want me to be honest I'd be fine if the community is small. All I want is a fun Halo game, and while I'm sure some will disagree with me, Halo 2 fills that void. As long as I can find quick matches I'm okay with a small community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom