• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want me to be honest I'd be fine if the community is small. All I want is a fun Halo game, and while I'm sure some will disagree with me, Halo 2 fills that void. As long as I can find quick matches I'm okay with a small community.

I am fine with it too but it's not peace of mind to know Halo's future is dead.

BigShow36

I am fine with it too but it's not peace of mind to know Halo's future is dead.

Isn't it painful to know that a Halo game that you enjoy would be such a simple thing to do, yet you know in your heart its not going to happen?

For those that may have missed the bulletin yesterday

There are some pretty classic Halo Valentine cards on there and an interview with team VwS Cryptic from Giving For Gamers (Halo 4 LAN tourney part). Worth a look.

"Halo Bulletin" and "worth a look." Does not compute.

"Halo Bulletin" and "worth a look." Does not compute.

This quote made me laugh, at least the guy has a sense of humour:

Bravo: What would you say some of your best or favorite game types were this weekend?

Tragic: Honestly, we just da best at all the game types. #cryptic [Laughs.]

Also did anyone notice in Bungie's Breaking In that Adam from 343i is now a network engineer at Bungie working on Destiny? He worked on the death cam of Halo 4.

Blueblur1

Very happy to see Downes blurt that out. As many of us have said before, hopefully the original MP is included and the Xbone gets a price drop.

Madness

Thought it was pretty much a given that the leaker stuff was real given how almost everyone at MS went dark for almost a day, even Phil and Major Nelson and how they never acknowledged it.

I mean Frankie, David didn't even laugh it off as false or acknowledge it either. So pretty much guarantees we'll get some type of Halo 2 Anniversary this year, and whether it's the untouched original multiplayer, whether it's Halo 4 multiplayer with H2 maps, or Halo 5 beta multiplayer, remains to be seen.

Crazy how it's been almost 10 years since H2 launch though.

Ghazi

Thought it was pretty much a given that the leaker stuff was real given how almost everyone at MS went dark for almost a day, even Phil and Major Nelson and how they never acknowledged it.

I mean Frankie, David didn't even laugh it off as false or acknowledge it either. So pretty much guarantees we'll get some type of Halo 2 Anniversary this year, and whether it's the untouched original multiplayer, whether it's Halo 4 multiplayer with H2 maps, or Halo 5 beta multiplayer, remains to be seen.

There's a 95% chance that everyone at MS was in a mad scramble to find out who ntkernal was that day. Now they won't have many surprises for E3, but, they did generate some positive publicity through him (by accident).

There's a 95% chance that everyone at MS was in a mad scramble to find out who ntkernal was that day. Now they won't have many surprises for E3, but, they did generate some positive publicity through him (by accident).

He did say there was plenty he didn't leak, which if you look at it, not much game wise was leaked besides dates.

Halo 2 Anniversary (this was news)
Halo 5 in 2015
Fable Legends in 2015
Quantum Break in 2014
Sunset Overdrive in 2014 (we already knew this)
Forza Horizon 2 in 2014 (news)
Crackdown 3 in 2016 (news but it was kinda assumed with all the hints)
Gears of War in 2016 (date was the only news)
Project Nagano from Platinum in 2016 (news but leaked by CBOAT before)

so unless MS plans on only having like 2 or 3 retail games in 2015 and 2016, there will be more news.

Madness

I'm pretty sure he only saw some kind of road map hardware/software wise for the next year or two. He said something about info from a spreadsheet so who knows. Mostly all of the news was like first party details/info. Black Tusk, 343, Forza, and Platinum exclusive for X1.

Omni

You're telling me.

I still remember saving for months before release so I would have the $100 to buy it... And then on launch day the desperate begging to my mother to add the extra $15 so I could get the ultra awesome limited edition that I had no idea about.

Probably one of my favourite game cases. I will never get rid of it!

I've already started but you can always join in progress.

pUOK87l.gif

Dub117

I'm hoping i get a Titanfall xbone code, as my son and titanfall would be a great (and only) valentines day date. Also, my vote is on damage control, i'm sure H2A is for real.

Omni

I signed up for the beta for Xbone so if I get a code I'll post it here. (I don't have an Xbone... nor do I plan on buying Titanfall) :lol

nillapuddin

In a good or bad way?

In a very good way, I know the hype has been inescapable, but I still had my doubts

Im not one to like really fast paced shooters (COD) but when they tell you its nothing like COD... they are right

The 3 main encounters (titan vs titan, player vs titan, and titan vs player‏) all seem to be balanced incredibly well

This might have cemented my purchase for sure, will still need a bit more, but the core, is pretty damn good

Madness

Let's be honest, how much does Steve Downes know about Waypoint as the only official place for Halo information? I doubt he even saw the rumors. More than likely MS corporate reached out to him a few months baxk or to his agent because he'll get paid royalties for the fact his voice over work will be reused again and told him of their plans for Halo 2 Anniversary release this year.

Once what he said became news, someone from 343/MS PR has probably called him and told him to clarify his words as being that he only read the rumors, please direct fans to Waypoint lol.

In a very good way, I know the hype has been inescapable, but I still had my doubts

Im not one to like really fast paced shooters (COD) but when they tell you its nothing like COD... they are right

The 3 main encounters (titan vs titan, player vs titan, and titan vs player‏) all seem to be balanced incredibly well

This might have cemented my purchase for sure, will still need a bit more, but the core, is pretty damn good

The developer touted the gameplay as "movement and awareness" being paramount to doing well in the game/skill. Is that the case? Those are the parts of Halo I like the most, along with decision making. It's what has me interested in TF.

Hopefully I get in on the beta.

Madness

Forget double post, but how is the perk system? I saw a video and it seems like it's literally almost exactly like CoD in that you can equip perks like your Titan moves faster, your wallrun lasts longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom