• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer

I have played the Alpha and the Beta. I can tell you not to be worried about the smart pistol. It sucks and no one uses it.

Tawpgun

I have played the Alpha and the Beta. I can tell you not to be worried about the smart pistol. It sucks and no one uses it.

My fear is its gonna be similar to the Boltshot or armor lock.

In the grand scheme of things, its not gonna make you an OP one man killing army.

But its fucking ANNOYING to get killed by it.

nillapuddin

The developer touted the gameplay as "movement and awareness" being paramount to doing well in the game/skill. Is that the case?
Yes
how is the perk system? I saw a video and it seems like it's literally almost exactly like CoD in that you can equip perks like your Titan moves faster, your wallrun lasts longer.
Primary Weapon
Anti-Titan Weapon
Sidearm

Tactical Ability: Cloak, Stim (temp speed boost)
Ordnance: Frag, Electric grenade

Tier 1 kit: +Wallrun, +Grenade Cap, +Tac Recharge
Tier 2 kit: +Titan spawn shield, Show NPC on map, +Titan Speed
Won't burn cards and the smart pistol ruin it though?
Auto aim pistol + active camo = :(
wtf the pistol is auto aim?

Smart Pistol is definitely an interesting weapon, but to say it ruins anything, is being naive.

It would assuredly be alot easier to just shoot and kill someone with literally any other weapon in the game, in the amount of time it takes to get a full PVP lock on

The Cloak is easily visible on foot, I find myself being killed while Cloaked often, and picking off players who are cloaked often also.

Cloak is really designed for Player vs Titan, because from the higher perspective in a Titan, the cloaking is more difficult to pick up

My first set of Burn Cards
Decisive Action: 40 seconds off Build Time or Titan Core Charge
Prosthetic Legs: Faster Pilot Movement Speed
Amped MAG Launcher: Replace Anti-Titan Weapon with a high-capacity, automatic Mag launcher

btw, the NPC's are pretty cool, I like it, they keep you on your toes

my first full game
Pilot kills: 9
NPC kills: 29
Assists: 6
Deaths: 0‏

yes, Smart Pistol wipes out NPC's, but they are super weak anyways, I estimate it takes 5 Mississippi's to lock on in PVP, easily above the TTK with any regular weapon

My fear is its gonna be similar to the Boltshot or armor lock.In the grand scheme of things, its not gonna make you an OP one man killing army.
But its fucking ANNOYING to get killed by it.
I know you dont wanna hear it, but Im gunna disagree with you

The preset loadout with the smart pistol even has the Enhanced Targeting, and a Surpressor, which in order to equip those in a custom loadout requires 100 kills with the weapon, and thats what I am basing my Mississippi's on, so Id imagine a non-upgraded base version is even more inferior

belushy

Banned
I'm interested in if they will allow us to play games without AI, without Titans, and/or without both. Is there going to be a custom games lobby?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I guess I'll mess around with it more tomorrow but in the handful of matches I played earlier, I did quite well with the smart pistol and camo combined with some strafing/hopping. Running in groups of AI to distract other pilots made it even easier. I don't feel a need for rifles as it's so easy to close gaps.

Madness

Is there anything you guys are noticing that could be a problem when the public gets a hold of it. Very hard to pick out potential problems with beta or testing, different when 8 million have the game and certain "problems" start.

I'd really love if HaloGAF folks, especially guys who've been playing Ghosts or Battlefield 4 could share their thoughts or videos, and whether they actually enjoy TitanFall.

Thanks for the thoughts Nilla, keep us posted.

Blueblur1

Posted in the other thread:

Update: "We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/13/54...r-says-halo-2-anniversary-edition-coming-this

CVG Sources: Halo 2 Anniversary set for Xbox One

An Xbox One remake of Microsoft's 2004 shooter Halo 2 is in development, CVG understands. Sources with an insight into Microsoft's software plans indicated that 'Halo 2: Anniversary' would be released in November 2014, to coincide with the tenth birthday of the Bungie original.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447357/cvg-sources-halo-2-anniversary-set-for-xbox-one/

Tawpgun

I'm interesting in if they will allow us to play games without AI, without Titans, and/or without both. Is there going to be a custom games lobby?

I actually heard there will be no way to set up private matches at launch :(

Game doesn't seem like it will have a good competetive scene.

"The basic design for a weapon needs to be fun to shoot, and fun to be shot at." - Francois Boucher-Genesse, Halo 3 - Anatomy of a Game: Design

This.

This is why no matter how minimal of an impact things like Armor Lock, Boltshot, or the Smart Pistol make on the game, its still a bad thing.

nillapuddin

I just tested out the Burn Card for the special Anti-Titan weapon

Although it definitely feels cooler to use, Im not sure there was a different in damage output, just a difference in clip size, but it was pretty neat regardless

Is there anything you guys are noticing that could be a problem when the public gets a hold of it. Very hard to pick out potential problems with beta or testing, different when 8 million have the game and certain "problems" start.

I'd really love if HaloGAF folks, especially guys who've been playing Ghosts or Battlefield 4 could share their thoughts or videos, and whether they actually enjoy TitanFall.

Thanks for the thoughts Nilla, keep us posted.

Ive been playing BF4, I would say the TTK is fairly similar, the movement is obviously such a game changer.

There doesnt appear to be an incredibly high ceiling to max out any of the weapon specific upgrades (better scopes, etc) but there are only 3 max on any weapon as of right now.

I dont believe any of my deaths have been undeserved, mostly with my back turned, or getting into something I shouldnt have, so theres that.

It doesnt appear that any individual player has just been inherently more powerful than myself

I guess I'll mess around with it more tomorrow but in the handful of matches I played earlier, I did quite well with the smart pistol and camo combined with some strafing/hopping. Running in groups of AI to distract other pilots made it even easier. I don't feel a need for rifles as it's so easy to close gaps.

I agree, Im mostly a loner, but I do feel empowered to jump in the middle of the map and try to pick some people off.

I am always a cautious player, in Halo I like to play a supporting role and be smart with my encounters, I am able to do that in this game also so far, but at the same time be alot more mobile and cover more ground than in Halo by a far margin.

Im not certain I would not call this a "twitch shooter" like COD, like I said, the PVP kill times rub right against, and sometimes beyond that of BF4, so thats been a nice surprise

Just received a TF beta code. I'll jump on it in tonight in about 5 hours time. I'll capture or stream some and link it here. Oh Valentine's day how you toy with my priorities
Sorry to the wife... :)

wwm0nkey

Just announce H2A already MS. Just got paid and that would make me click "buy"

*though if cboat is right I'm gonna wait for the $400 one.

Tawpgun

ibmbJoIcAr7pbq.gif

amazing

danwarb

I'd rather they skipped H2 and did Halo 3 again, if they must keep doing this. H2A will be the first Halo game I never play.

That campaign wasn't great in 2004.

Madness

I'd rather they skipped H2 and did Halo 3 again, if they must keep doing this. H2A will be the first Halo game I never play.

That campaign wasn't great in 2004.

Thing is, it's 10 year anniversary this year, sort of like it was 10 years for Halo CEA. Plus, much easier to remake say an original Xbox game, as opposed to an Xbox 360 game. Plus, it's not so much the campaign people are excited for, as opposed to the belief that it might have the actual multiplayer, along with the classic maps many of us spent so much time playing on.

I can't believe Microaoft is considering a Kinectless Xbox One for $400... Wow they completely ruined the entire system, it's ecosystem, it's support, and everything special about it by doing this.

blamite

I can't believe Microaoft is considering a Kinectless Xbox One for $400... Wow they completely ruined the entire system, it's ecosystem, it's support, and everything special about it by doing this.

This Post Brought To You By the Microsoft Xbox One™, The All-in-One Entertainment System

Omni

Neutral flag sucks.

Just sniped maybe four different people trying to camp with the flag - in what I can only assume was an attempt to try and draw the match as my team were up by one. Luckily they were all bad so we got the flag back eventually.

I want neutral bomb back. Now that was fun.

Madness

No seriously without the Kinect all you have is a massive monolith that is the same price as a PS4, but is weaker. It's just a weaker, awful PS4
with better games

And with Kinect, you have the same thing, but you just spent $100 more for something you may never really use. If they offered this damn kinectless SKU in November for $399, I'd have bought the system most likely. Why do I really want/need Kinect? I have a tablet/smartphone for Skype, and basically all else. I have cable television service. I'm never going to browse the internet on my Xbox One or allow Microsoft to data mine my information. So what do I get out of my $100 extra? The ability to say "Xbox One on"?

Friend of mine says the kinect finds it much useful. But didn't specify on how. I could care less about the device. And it's smart for them to do it and make $$$ anyhow if they want more people to buy their consoles. If it's true they're considering on doing it soon than I'll buy it a little before H2A comes out.

Mistel

Banned
Good. Because it sucks, and it always will.
The first one isn't great, I really don't care about using the second one. Why should I pay more for something I'm not going to use, if one without kinect is coming out?

There's two belfry gargoyles that will not die in dark souls. But still I got past the boar...

wwm0nkey

Can I turn the ps4 on with a headset? I use it all the tine on the ONE,would love if the PS4 has it also
No but due to how their standby mode works I imagine it would not be hard to add at all. Sure if enough people ask for it they will add it.

Still very impressed by the recognition software.

Lovely.

Remember that time our team mate got upset in Halo 3 because we WERE CALLING OUT THE ENEMY POSITIONS?

W. T. F.

WTF indeed, we stumbled upon some very interesting characters on those sessions haha.

Unrelated, but your Veni Vidi Vici part 2 montage with Jay Z's U Don't Know playing in the background is just hype inducing.

Don't show Juices the editing!
Or the clips

The real magic starts at 2.15. That's when my fledgling windows movie maker skills really kicked into gear.

I actually agree with Speedy, I think that the Kinect is an integral part of the system. I think that MS should've waited till XBO to implement the Kinect though, because people have it in their mind that it's just an addon to the system.

Woorloog

Banned
Do most Xbone games even use Kinect, in meaningful way that does not detract from the game-experience? I reckon not, and if so, what's the point of the goddamn device? Kinect-only games?

EDIT actually, the fuck am i talking about? Kinect does automatically detract from the experience, either i have to speak (distracting, no matter whether to Kinect or voice chat), or move (also distracting, i'm the type who doesn't move while playing, some people are very... active even while playing).

danwarb

Well cboat says yes, so it's not likely.

I think they'll stick with with it, and fix it, and cut price. Their Kinect stuff cleary wasn't ready for launch.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Microsoft really should've just sucked it up and taken a loss on the hardware. $349 or even $400 with Kinect at launch would've made a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom