• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
I just realized, i've never entered flow state while playing Halo 4, unlike with Halo 3 and Reach, even though i like 4 much more than Reach. Or at least, not strong flow state (so i don't recall it distinctly).

And speaking of flow state, has anyone else experienced it clearly while playing games?

I remember one time from Reach clearly, i was playing Squad Slayer (RIP) with some HaloGAFers, and at someone point, someone asks something from me and notes i have 30 kills, something i wasn't aware of myself for i were fully focused on merely playing.

Tawpgun

No seriously without the Kinect all you have is a massive monolith that is the same price as a PS4, but is weaker. It's just a weaker, awful PS4
with better games

You guys give speedy shit, but he's actually right here.

At this current stage, with these current games, the Kinect doesn't do much. But if the Kinect has a 100% attachment rate, develepors wills start doing cool shit with it. Its the only thing the Xbox has (other than its liineup of exclusives) that can potentially give it an edge over the PS4.

Now, if I was developing the next Xbox I would have said fuck this thing, and just made a sweet powerful system. But Microsoft decided to shake things up and go for it and they need to follow through. Even if the Xbox dropped a hundred bucks in price without the Kinect, why would you buy it if the PS4 is still more powerful (and looking to have the better multiplats)

Did anyone else get in the TitanFall beta for Xbox One? Just got my email an hour ago so I'm downloading now.
Got my code but thanks to Work and School I have no free time available. Sucks so much. :( Being an adult sucks. Wish they gave a heads up about the beta date, like, "Hey guys the Titanfall beta starts in 2 weeks!" so I could have planned my schedule around it.

Being an adult sucks guys.

Got my code but thanks to Work and School I have no free time available. Sucks so much. :( Being an adult sucks. Wish they gave a heads up about the beta date, like, "Hey guys the Titanfall beta starts in 2 weeks!" so I could have planned my schedule around it.

Thankfully I am in a giant snowstorm and my classes are cancelled.

Fuchsdh

Microsoft really should've just sucked it up and taken a loss on the hardware. $349 or even $400 with Kinect at launch would've made a huge difference.

Thus far, $500 clearly has not hurt Microsoft that much. They're selling quite well, and if they can keep at least in a solid second place with Sony, I don't think they're going to change much--profit share probably matters a bit more to them than market share, especially given how entrenched and invested people are in XBL.

That said the future is up in the air. Whether Microsoft can ultimately compete with Sony if the latter is aggressive with its price cuts, or its component prices drop slower or faster than Sony's, is still a big question.

I imagine Microsoft thinks that if this generation lasts as long or nearly as long as the last one, there's plenty of time for the price cuts.

One thing's for sure--I doubt we're going to see a cheaper, Kinectless SKU this Christmas unless sales tank badly. (I'm also not sure whether that means 'Xbox sales are bad compared to PS4', or 'Xbox sales are bad compared to console sales in general'.)

When you actually become an adult, the crushing weight will make itself known. You're still in the land of make-believe now.

post-9439-Fry-NOT-SURE-gif-meme-Imgur-uanb.gif

I can't believe Microaoft is considering a Kinectless Xbox One for $400... Wow they completely ruined the entire system, it's ecosystem, it's support, and everything special about it by doing this.

I'm glad MS is considering it. Hopefully it'll come out soon so I can buy an Xbox One. Or rather, have an easier to saving up to buy an Xbox One. I know I'll never use a Kinect, so this (potential) move by MS has no downside for me.

IHaveIce

Banned
Anybody still needs an Xbox One Titanfall code? Don't want to give a random twitter dude it. So pm me if you want. I jut got a second one.

Juices? Ram? All in?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm glad MS is considering it. Hopefully it'll come out soon so I can buy an Xbox One. Or rather, have an easier to saving up to buy an Xbox One. I know I'll never use a Kinect, so this (potential) move by MS has no downside to me.

I see it both ways. Taking out Kinect gets the price down which gives more people an opportunity to grab the system, but Kinect is the big thing for the Xbox One. Not requiring every box to come with one undermines the device and pushes it back to what it was last generation, an add-on that devs don't have to support.

I personally love the thing, and I mainly only use it for voice commands. Being able to go to specific TV channels and jump all around the system without even turning my controller on is super nice, but I can see that not everyone would use that.

I want to see Kinect supported for the long haul, I'm not sure taking it out and removing the requirement to support it helps that goal.

Dub117

Anybody still needs an Xbox One Titanfall code? Don't want to give a random twitter dude it. So pm me if you want. I jut got a second one.

Juices? Ram? All in?
If a regular member doesn't grab it i'm game. Didn't get a code in my email, and my xbone is waiting for titanfall

Oh, top, uh Halo 2 hype bxr super jump beli343
Hope it is true

Thanks Ice, made my day

gAg CruSh3r

Happy Valentine day HaloGAF! :)

I hope to play with some of you soon on the Titan Fall beta. I just got done downloading it but I had to leave to work. :(

Woorloog

Banned
This is the worry, the Kinect, especially voice commands, can really add something to a game, if not everyone has it, devs won't develop properly with it in mind.

Voice commands do not need Kinect. For example, End War had them, long before Kinect. PS4 has them.
If voice commands were truly something, how come they're not used more often?
Me, i hate voice commands, talking to machines is too much like thinking aloud.

1604557_290502571101539_1713817190_n.jpg

Now steve is backtracking. Credit to a friend that shared this earlier.
Edit: Damage Control??

Why he wrote his name as a signature everytime he posts something in facebook?

HALO

Juices? Ram? All in?

So the beta code is for the Xbox One version right?

Fuchsdh

Why he wrote his name as a signature everytime he posts something in facebook?

He was born into and grew up in the analog age of writing letters?

(Somewhat related: people need to stop acting like I'm angry in my texts if I end it with a period. It's proper grammar, dammit.)

Havok

I have a TF beta code if anyone wants it.
If it's an Xbox code, I'd be happy to take it.

Edit: Thanks!

There's a pretty strong possibility that I'll get some codes later in the beta from the signups, they'll be paid forward here and elsewhere for folks that don't have theirs yet.

No. He did something super nice for charity.

I have a TF code for Xbone if someone wants it.
... :(

Can you at least confirm or deny the return of Firefly?

Nathan Fillion is such a great guy. :) He's awesome. Glad to hear he recently did charity work. I'm excited to see what he did. I'll look it up.

I can't believe Microaoft is considering a Kinectless Xbox One for $400... Wow they completely ruined the entire system, it's ecosystem, it's support, and everything special about it by doing this.

It's ecosystem is XBL. Not everyone cares about kinect,its a good move if they do end up doing it. That price is killing them right now.

It's ecosystem is XBL. Not everyone cares about kinect,its a good move if they do end up doing it. That price is killing them right now.

I found ironic the PS4 is 100 bucks more cheaper than the Xbox one but you have to spend more money for the camera (without counting the bundle of course) and incoming headphones which somewhat surprass the Xbox One price and a Psp Vita for remote play.

Strange that gamerzone hasn't commented back if their interview was a misunderstanding.

And I wish MS and 343 would debunk either Halo 5 or Halo 2 Anniversary rumors.

The Kinect was dead weight before the system even launched. It has zero support and you don't need it for voice commands. It's actually a good sign that someone over there has a brain. $100 isn't worth it, there are no games nor will there be. Kinect Sports? Give me a break.

Kibbles

The Kinect was dead weight before the system even launched. It has zero support and you don't need it for voice commands. It's actually a good sign that someone over there has a brain. $100 isn't worth it, there are no games nor will there be. Kinect Sports? Give me a break.
You don't need it for voice commands but they only allow voice commands through it and not the headset because raisins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom