• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

The Kinect was dead weight before the system even launched. It has zero support and you don't need it for voice commands. It's actually a good sign that someone over there has a brain. $100 isn't worth it, there are no games nor will there be. Kinect Sports? Give me a break.

Plus, maybe I don't want to talk to my Xbox all the time?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The Kinect was dead weight before the system even launched. It has zero support and you don't need it for voice commands. It's actually a good sign that someone over there has a brain. $100 isn't worth it, there are no games nor will there be. Kinect Sports? Give me a break.

No, it wasn't. Also unless you want to wear a headset 24/7 around your house you do need it for voice. It has "zero support" because the system came out 3 months ago. It's being used lightly in launch games.

Plus, maybe I don't want to talk to my Xbox all the time?

So use a controller if you're self conscious.

BigShow36

I'm just not the type of person to sit there talking to my Xbox, especially when my wife is sleeping or hey, maybe I just don't want to talk. Regardless, the Xbone just doesn't seem like it was made for me. I don't want an all-in-one entertainment system that I can talk to and can show me the internet and tv and facebook, I want a powerful gaming machine with some features to connect me to friends that I can play on my tv.

Dub117

Guys, titanfall is so good. I hate call of duty multiplayer, this is different. Not as cheap, more satisfying. Recharging shields on the titans make for some great battles. I hate ADS so the smart pistol works well for me. Anyway, i know i might like it because i just started, but i hated call of duty when i first tried it so it is promising.

TheOddOne

Titanfall is incredible.
BgdUNi3CcAAfcFt.jpg:large

Mistel

Banned
What honestly would a game use kinect for, I mean sure for kinect sports or maybe like some party games, but others like first or third person shooters it's just pointless. If they can drop it and the price then I've got no issue for something that I feel is kinda useless.

If I get a beta code I'll give it to one of you guys or girls if you want it.

What honestly would a game use kinect for, I mean sure for kinect sports or maybe like some party games, but others like first or third person shooters it's just pointless. If they can drop it and the price then I've got no issue for something that I feel is kinda useless.

If it's an Xbox One beta code, I'll take it :)

Sofa King

I would definitely like it

belushy

Banned

I think tactical FPS or 3PS games could use Kinect well. Maybe a Rainbow Six-esque game. Beyond saying "flash out" or "move there" for your A.I teammates though, I don't really see a use. RTS games maybe. Didn't EndWar use voice commands or something?

Also, I'm probably late on this, but I just now discovered Gang Garrison. I haven't played it yet, but I was looking through this forum and saw there is a Halo mod for it. Looks kind of fun. Link

Mix

Is anyone else having a hard time getting Titan fall to work? It won't connect to a server :(
Edit: also, I got an xbox one. Pretty cool

No, it wasn't. Also unless you want to wear a headset 24/7 around your house you do need it for voice. It has "zero support" because the system came out 3 months ago. It's being used lightly in launch games.

I disagree, sure at first things like Dance Central were nice. Name the top Kinect titles? Most of it was bullshit shovel ware. It had zero support last gen more or less. There was not even one knock it out of the park title, even the ones that were promising fell short.

Even though the new one came out 3 months ago what exactly is on the horizon to justify to anyone that it is worth $100 more.

You can't keep selling the same thing on "potential"

Dub117

Is anyone else having a hard time getting Titan fall to work? It won't connect to a server :(
Edit: also, I got an xbox one. Pretty cool
You can change which server it connects to, there are 4 in the US. Try that. More like xbox won amiright?

Edit: oh you said a server not the server, probably already tried that nevermind

Mistel

Banned
I think tactical FPS or 3PS games could use Kinect well. Maybe a Rainbow Six-esque game. Beyond saying "flash out" or "move there" for your A.I teammates though, I don't really see a use. RTS games maybe. Didn't EndWar use voice commands or something?
Neither do I especially since squad commands can be done with the D pads like in rainbow six and star wars battlefront. I don't think control redundancy is a good think to aim for in video games. RTS wise maybe it could be a counter for the lack of inputs available but I'd feel stupid doing it though.

End war did use voice controls someone even did it with parrots

xbox won amiright?
Well this one lost

belushy

Banned
Neither do I especially since squad commands can be done with the D pads like in rainbow six and star wars battlefront. I don't think control redundancy is a good think to aim for in video games. RTS wise maybe it could be a counter for the lack of inputs available but I'd feel stupid doing it though.

End war did use voice controls someone even did it with parrots

Well this one lost

Welp, I want parrots now. So cute lol

So jelly you got a code. I feel like I'm the only one who didn't. Literally waiting for the email to go buy an Xbone.

Heh, I saw the tweet about Beta signups going live early and registered within seconds; I then alerted my Xbros on Facebook, who registered an hour or so later.

They've all had codes for a while now - I'm sitting here refreshing my Gmail inbox.

8AS2ivI.gif

Havok

Heh, I saw the tweet about Beta signups going live early and registered within seconds; I then alerted my Xbros on Facebook, who registered an hour or so later.

They've all had codes for a while now - I'm sitting here refreshing my Gmail inbox.

http://i.imgur.com/8AS2ivI.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[I]Hmmmm.[/I]

(PMs)

Karl2177

http://i.imgur.com/8AS2ivI.gif

I'm sitting in the same boat. Myself and my roommate are the only two people that I told to sign up for the beta that haven't gotten in. PC for the both of us.

Computer

8AS2ivI.gif

If you have a close friend that has the beta he can share it with you. Just sign into his account or he signs into your account and make his box your home box or your box his home box. Yes you can change it later on. Then sign out of the account you borrowed. Not sure if you can delete it or not. That is what I do with my cousin to share games. We just go half on everything.

You can play the game on two different Xbox's at the same time.

Akai__

I'm sitting in the same boat. Myself and my roommate are the only two people that I told to sign up for the beta that haven't gotten in. PC for the both of us.

Same here. If it would be for a game, that you wouldn't really care, you would get the code in a second, but if it's a game, that you are looking forward to... Yeah...

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/14/update-regarding-the-recent-halo-2-anniversary-and-halo-5-confirmation

I wanted to ask Gamezone about Steve's response. Searched their Twitter and found our Shinobi already on it!

Edit: Full Interview with Steve Downes here:
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2...king-halo-with-the-chief-himself-steve-downes

hirarious

You dun fucked up MS's daring plan of not revealing their products until several months after we already know what they are.

belushy

Banned
I was watching a stream for Titanfall earlier and it really looks awesome seeing someone who knows all the tricks for the movement. Looks crazy fun just doing all the parkour stuff.

TitanFall is a lot of fun. I still don't like ADS, perks, etc but they seem to not be annoying, at least for now. Really the biggest gripe I have is with the AI soldiers.

Ghazi

just dont lose to or use poison.

Easier said than done, I play Chun-Li... but oh man, all the doubters are so going to eat it when I body in Ultra. DEM CHUN LI BUFFS

I don't know how good Poison is yet, though, I've only seen footage of Rolento, Elena, and Hugo... dat 5th character hype.

Plus, I'll be trying all 5 of the new characters when the game comes out.

[lMG]http://i.imgur.com/8AS2ivI.gif[/IMG]

Glad you feel my pain. At least there's House of Cards and significant others for guys like us.

Fuchsdh

They are, imagine if you had one and someone taught it to turn off your xbone lol.

fsrzpk.gif

braless physics are great.

I know, I'm criticizing the reality of a fighting game, but how could you run around and now be in constant pain without support for mammaries that large?

nanomachines?

On Halo-related news, read the revised copy of Fall of Reach. They really did put their best effort into smoothing over the massive retcons Bungie handed them in the supplemental materials, but I find myself wondering why Microsoft even let them. What became 343 was at the time a tiny place when Reach was in early development, but you'd think someone there would have thought about the story ramifications. Or I guess they were content to let Bungie keep doing their thing.

Easier said than done, I play Chun-Li... but oh man, all the doubters are so going to eat it when I body in Ultra. DEM CHUN LI BUFFS

I don't know how good Poison is yet, though, I've only seen footage of Rolento, Elena, and Hugo... dat 5th character hype.

Juri and Oni

Tawpgun

Fuckin Dark Souls II being a cunt and coming out when Titanfall does.

I wanna buy an Xbone for Tfall but I cant have both set up at the same time.

Ghazi

Fuckin Dark Souls II being a cunt and coming out when Dark Souls does.

I wanna buy an Xbone for Tfall but I cant have both set up at the same time.
Saved, pre edit.
Juri and Oni

I'm actually learning Oni, or was. He is a beast, Sanford shows that he is unstoppable when played right.

But Juri? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Ok, guys, I have $5 of Amazon Instant Video Credit, gimme some movies to watch because I don't know any.

Chettlar

Banned
I could use some help with GFWL (with Halo 2).

It keeps signing me out of Xbox Live randomly both in campaign and multiplayer, and today especially, it's blocking me out of most servers, even though they say they are open.

Anybody have a suggestion or at least somewhere to point me? I've already unblocked ports 80 and the 30something one in windows firewall.

They are, imagine if you had one and someone taught it to turn off your xbone lol.

fsrzpk.gif

braless physics are great.

Man boobs

She actually plays a lot like Terry Bogard, most of her movelist are a copy of him.

Mistel

Banned
Welp, there goes any chance of me being able to play USF4 in the living room.
ircfvl.gif

Just to make sure they are no more chances left :p, totally manning Poison, or Balrog.

I know, I'm criticizing the reality of a fighting game, but how could you run around and now be in constant pain without support for mammaries that large?
Space age materials in the crop top maybe? Lara Croft must have a horrible time running around though.

Happy birthday carnotaur :D.

On Halo-related news, read the revised copy of Fall of Reach. They really did put their best effort into smoothing over the massive retcons Bungie handed them in the supplemental materials, but I find myself wondering why Microsoft even let them. What became 343 was at the time a tiny place when Reach was in early development, but you'd think someone there would have thought about the story ramifications. Or I guess they were content to let Bungie keep doing their thing.
Did they do anything about Halsey being surprised at finding out about Spartan III's in Ghosts of Onyx despite meeting some on/in Reach?

Also, are customs tomorrow? If so, I need to enter into girlfriend negotiations immediately because I'm pretty sure I said we could spend the whole day playing Minecraft...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom