• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytred

Neo Member
For those of you biting on the Halo 2 Anniversary 'confirmation' from Steve Downes:

KISBhky.png

Link to Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/97.1SteveDownes/posts/606993942689890

FyreWulff

I know, I'm criticizing the reality of a fighting game, but how could you run around and now be in constant pain without support for mammaries that large?

nanomachines?

On Halo-related news, read the revised copy of Fall of Reach. They really did put their best effort into smoothing over the massive retcons Bungie handed them in the supplemental materials, but I find myself wondering why Microsoft even let them. What became 343 was at the time a tiny place when Reach was in early development, but you'd think someone there would have thought about the story ramifications. Or I guess they were content to let Bungie keep doing their thing.

Bungie did the right thing in favoring games as A-level canon and treating books as B-level. Gameplay > following a contracted out book to the letter.

I mean, people can complain about Bungie putting the Autumn on the surface of Reach while 343 retcons the entire origin of the Forerunners.

Anyone streaming TitanFall?
Bungie did the right thing in favoring games as A-level canon and treating books as B-level. Gameplay > following a contracted out book to the letter.

I mean, people can complain about Bungie putting the Autumn on the surface of Reach while 343 retcons the entire origin of the Forerunners.

Im not one to defend 343, but Forerunners were never touted as Ancient Humans. if thats what you are getting at. that particular sentiment seems to come from people misunderstanding 343 Guilty spark.

ALSO: Does TitanFall do a better job at balance in Loadouts than Halol 4?

FyreWulff

Anyone streaming TitanFall?

Im not one to defend 343, but Forerunners were never touted as Ancient Humans. if thats what you are getting at. that particular sentiment seems to come from people misunderstanding 343 Guilty spark.

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive36.pl?read=1070818

It's 343's story to write now, but Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, Wars and Reach all heavily follow the idea that the humans are the Forerunner. And then they had Spark literally say it.

4 / the new books changed that.

Madness

Problem is, the games are the primary medium for Halo. Everything else comes after. Bungie made the story, characters, lore. They were never going to follow some novel written, because MS wanted to cash in on the CE sales/Halo hype, in 2001.

That's the only good thing going forward I guess is that 343 will oversee all Halo ventures. So that they can maintain cohesion between toys, games, movies, novels, comics etc.

Wait till you see how many Star Wars fans are going to shit themselves after Disney/Abrams forgo a lot of post Return of the Jedi expanded universe stuff in order to tell the story they want to. Obviously they wouldn't want to piss off many fans, so they might keep things fans really love, but it's going to really mess up the canon going forward and establish something new.

Gui_PT

Got my code but thanks to Work and School I have no free time available. Sucks so much. :( Being an adult sucks. Wish they gave a heads up about the beta date, like, "Hey guys the Titanfall beta starts in 2 weeks!" so I could have planned my schedule around it.

Being an adult sucks guys.

I just got home from work.

It's midnight.

Tomorrow I have to get up at 7 am for work.

I will slap you.

belushy

Banned
I don't think so, i don't see a cover story for a rerelease. My guess is they will have a spring showcase early march.

Maybe not primarily for Halo 2 Anniversary, but Game Informer could very well do a Halo story in general, announcing that H2A is coming out this year, H5 next year, as well as details about the Halo TV series and the live action series that comes with H2A (that ntkrnl was talking about.)

Fuchsdh

Did they do anything about Halsey being surprised at finding out about Spartan III's in Ghosts of Onyx despite meeting some on/in Reach?

Also, are customs tomorrow? If so, I need to enter into girlfriend negotiations immediately because I'm pretty sure I said we could spend the whole day playing Minecraft...

Halsey's retcon gets some amelioration in Halsey's Journal--essentially it just chalks Noble Team up to being a couple of rogue Spartans; she doesn't learn about the full extent of the S-III program until the events of First Strike/Fall of Reach/Ghosts of Onyx.

As for customs...
hgt8B2r.jpg

HaloGAF Customs are Saturday (2/15), 9PM EST! Message GT: Fuchsdhdhdhdhdhshshsh for a piece of the action.

Mistel

Banned
Ooh dark souls 2, why is halo on the titans crotch?

I might actually be able to play this time at customs if I'm allowed to play at 2am in the morning.

TheOddOne

So I just read the article and it is basically nothing but rehashed info that was known to basically anybody not living under a rock. And get this, they used the Halo Bulletins as source—main source is the bulletin about the staff changes (i.e. new CD and Sparth taking over as art director) and the first glimpse at new art. The rest is about how much Halo means for Xbox, a bit about Staten working again for Microsoft and some analysis of the E3 trailer.

CyReN

So I just read the article and it is basically nothing but rehashed info that was known to basically anybody not living under a rock. And get this, they used the Halo Bulletins as source—main source is the bulletin about the staff changes (i.e. new CD and Sparth taking over as art director) and the first glimpse at new art. The rest is about how much Halo means for Xbox, a bit about Staten working again for Microsoft and some analysis of the E3 trailer.

Did they include Tashi & Ghost?

How do you even get codes anyway? Reminds me of the good times, like getting into the Halo 3 beta early, or trying to get into the Reach beta early and failing horribly.

Woorloog

Banned
How do you even get codes anyway? Reminds me of the good times, like getting into the Halo 3 beta early, or trying to get into the Reach beta early and failing horribly.

Hah, i remember that... but i succeeded. Was a lurker back then and managed to grab a code from here.

Hah, i remember that... but i succeeded. Was a lurker back then and managed to grab a code from here.

I remember being so disappointed I didn't get in. :lol

But I got invited into the Friends and Family-program for Halo 3's beta, so the universe probably din't want to give me too much.

I'm not that excited to play Titanfall, tbh. But, you know, if anyone gets their hands on an extra PC code, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. In return, you'll get a place in the new world order.

Mistel

Banned
One thing I never understood in wars, was why build the giant scarab on the planet itself , why not drop it in from a ship pre built?

Yayyyy, got the Didact figure for my Birthday! I am such a happy nerd. Have a picture.

I never realized just how big the Didact is, haha.

Hopefully they let you, you look odd without one, why did you have to get rid of it?

Haha guess its the policy, but I'm sneaking a light beard back in.

happy b-day heckfu demoncarnotaur

I'm not Heckfu....or....am I?
nope

Thanks!

What.

Happy b-day, demoncarnotaur!

Thanks!

Happy birthday carnotaur :D.

Annnd thanks!

Woorloog

Banned
I'd love to see some vehicles from Halo Wars in Halo shooters. Rhino for example, UNSC artillely piece would be nice (with conventional gun, not plasma gun). And Cyclops instead of Mantis.

Rndm

I haven't really played a Halo game before, but I just had to stop by and share this. I was watching TV and this is from the Lokalzeit aus Köln (a local news show from Cologne) on WDR and they were talking about this years Cologne carnival and its motto "Future - We'll see what's coming". I just thought this was hilarious, but in a totally awesome way.

To be honest, I'm just guessing that this guy is already preparing for this years gamescom.

76c8deaa8fe03c9ba7405c1dd7cec8c3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom