• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I never understood in wars, was why build the giant scarab on the planet itself , why not drop it in from a ship pre built?

I think they just wanted to build the super scarab to mine the resources in that area, thats was their main function before war.

But the covies were as dumb as letting a scarab alone with the sistems online in a later mission

Investors are always clamoring for Microsoft to dump everything but Enterprise because the margins on that stuff is insane and the margins on other products such as Xbox aren't great.

Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

People don't really believe this do they? MS has been spending too much money on the Xbox lately, they're not going to just sell a division they've been pumping money into so recently.

Yea i am not sure i believe this but things like this keep coming up and it's a bit worrisome. Maybe MS should make a statement for some peace of mind.

Just thinking out loud at the moment: A lot of people want a kinect-less xbox one. Would MS lose money by doing that? Or would the only downside be losing potential developer support for kinect? I'm guessing the appeal of a cheaper xbox one unit would increase sales by quite a bit, which in turn would outweigh or compensate for the potential negatives on kinect. Thoughts?

Just thinking out loud at the moment: A lot of people want a kinect-less xbox one. Would MS lose money by doing that? Or would the only downside be losing potential developer support for kinect? I'm guessing the appeal of a cheaper xbox one unit would increase sales by quite a bit, which in turn would outweigh or compensate for the potential negatives on kinect. Thoughts?

I dont think they will lose money doing that but i know a $400 with kinect will lose them a lot more.

wwm0nkey

Off Topic but I have just completed 50 matches of Titan Fall and I know others have gave impressions but I wanted to give mine.

Just hit 50 matches.

Best Game:
jFnmAvEjo65dK.bmp

Overview:
jtF9BjpFFa9jO.bmp

Kill Records:
jJIsUag204Y3b.bmp

Smart Pistol Thoughts:
I have a lot of kills with the smart pistol but after using the carbine for about an hour I now realize I was gimping myself A LOT and its already on its way to take over the smart pistol as my post used weapon.

General:
Game is fun as hell, its fast and fluid and its pretty easy to get in the zone. dropping a few humans and grunts and then calling in your titan and wrecking everything feels amazing, and the Titan v Titan combat is fun too and its always fun to trap one of them in a corner shot the other one a lot with a damage booster on and then have your Titan's nuke go off while your safe in the air and you just took out two titans.

Movement is also amazing its extremely easy to get from point A to B with no problems.

Love the game!

wwm0nkey

Titanfall stole some of my MOBA-lite ideas for Halo 5, but I don't mind. It's much better than the last Halo game!

Titan-Fall is its own type of thing though like you said, MOBA-lite. Would not compare it to Halo lol

Though I will say it is the only game since Halo 2 which has been able to hold my interest game after game.

Titan-Fall is its own type of thing though like you said, MOBA-lite. Would not compare it to Halo lol

Though I will say it is the only game since Halo 2 which has been able to hold my interest game after game.

Interesting,i saw some say this. Downloading and will see for myself. Major nelson redeemed?

Oh it's definitely its own thing. Feels like CoD but with sci-fi superhero powers.

I just had this idea for levelling up classes inside a game of Halo in part by fighting against 'creep' of weak AI enemies.

I dont think they will lose money doing that but i know a $400 with kinect will lose them a lot more.
Agreed. But I don't really see MS trying to reduce the cost of the console, with kinect included, any time soon. In the NPD sales thread for January, people seem to think the xbox one is doing horrible. One month is far too short a sample size imo to know for sure, unless all you're doing is comparing it to the PS4 directly. I guess Titanfall can't come soon enough to help with sales.

EDTI:
Off Topic but I have just completed 50 matches of Titan Fall and I know others have gave impressions but I wanted to give mine.
Thanks for the impressions! good to see people are enjoying it.

Agreed. But I don't really see MS trying to reduce the cost of the console, with kinect included, any time soon. In the NPD sales thread for January, people seem to think the xbox one is doing horrible. One month is far too short a sample size imo to know for sure, unless all you're doing is comparing it to the PS4 directly. I guess Titanfall can't come soon enough to help with sales.

Jan for them is really bad,i was surprised to see it that low. Feb is usually higher so we will see how that looks. Around may we will get a better idea but i think regardless they will cut late summer.

Fuchsdh

According to the parts cost estimates we've seen, cutting the Kinect doesn't save them an even $100, so they'd be going into the red. That alone is a reason they're prolly better off taking a market share hit early this gen than cutting the Kinect, losing money and the possibility of developer support to boot.

Mistel

Banned
But the covies were as dumb as letting a scarab alone with the sistems online in a later mission
That one in a later mission was entangled by flood stuff so I assume they didn't bother retrieving it or destroying it :/.

As for titanfall I've watched some matches and it looks alright I'm just not feeling anything for it though.

According to the parts cost estimates we've seen, cutting the Kinect doesn't save them an even $100, so they'd be going into the red. That alone is a reason they're prolly better off taking a market share hit early this gen than cutting the Kinect, losing money and the possibility of developer support to boot.

cboat said they are making a xbox one without kinect for $400 later this year.

Did everyone here that wanted to get into the Titanfall beta?

Also, newest Xbox Update just alerted me that the Xbox One had a app called Gesture Tutorial. Lol. Never noticed it until now.

danwarb

cboat said they are making a xbox one without kinect for $400 later this year.

Also incredibly vague. It doesn't make any sense for them to abandon ship so early, unless they can undercut the PS4 significantly.

Kinect is still their big gimmick/USP, one of the few, and the UI doesn't function well without it. TV integration would be useless without it. There's not much sign of that changing. I think there'll be a price cut long before they consider losing Kinect.

Akai__

Also incredibly vague. It doesn't make any sense for them to abandon ship so early, unless they can undercut the PS4 significantly.

Kinect is still their big gimmick/USP, one of the few, and the UI doesn't function well without it. TV integration would be useless without it. There's not much sign of that changing. I think there'll be a price cut long before they consider losing Kinect.

How is it their big gimmick if Sony also has a camera? Also that is an issue if the UI does not function well without it,although they are improving that with the recent update and more to come. Updates can easily remedy this issue. A sku with kinect and one without will have both options for consumers. They can even sell a kinect for those that didnt originally get the sku with it and decided that they want one.A price cut with kinect will be a much bigger loss for them per console sale.

Mix

Anyone want a Titanfall beta code? I got an extra one somehow... Whoever quotes it first gets it...

Also, the game is absolutely fun as hell. Seems like it would only be better with more people, like a group of us getting together to play it. I highly recommend it. That being said, I don't think it's "revolutionary' or a "game-changer" by any stretch of the imagination. It's fun, creative and an absolute blast to play.

Still, I do have an extra beta code. Quote for it!

FyreWulff

Anyone want a Titanfall beta code? I got an extra one somehow... Whoever quotes it first gets it...

Also, the game is absolutely fun as hell. Seems like it would only be better with more people, like a group of us getting together to play it. I highly recommend it. That being said, I don't think it's "revolutionary' or a "game-changer" by any stretch of the imagination. It's fun, creative and an absolute blast to play.

Still, I do have an extra beta code. Quote for it!

I have a friend with a One that would like to play.

danwarb

How is it their big gimmick if Sony also has a camera? Also that is an issue if the UI does not function well without it,although they are improving that with the recent update and more to come. Updates can easily remedy this issue. A sku with kinect and one without will have both options for consumers. They can even sell a kinect for those that didnt originally get the sku with it and decided that they want one.A price cut with kinect will be a much bigger loss for them per console sale.
The TV stuff requires it. A controller that you have to boot up won't do for that purpose, nor will a headset. There'd still be dedicated hardware in the system for Kinect, and they're not building a Kinect-less friendly UI with their updates so far.

If it happens at all, it won't be for a long while. Last resort I think.

Mistel

Banned
First shift done. Yay!

Time to torture myself further and play Halo 4 :D
Would you like another to partake in your torture?

Well if you go off of this part analysis, Im not sure what the financial reasoning would be, besides a lower sticker
Kinect makes up that much of the manufacturing costs? Cutting it seem like a good idea why waste $75 on what I feel (and mostly correctly to) is a gimmick?

Is this pushing it avatar wise?

nillapuddin

Kinect makes up that much of the manufacturing costs? Cutting it seem like a good idea why waste $75 on what I feel (and mostly correctly to) is a gimmick?[/URL]

Well, just because it appears to be a gimmick to you and some others, doesnt mean its unanimous, I know that my household is certainly glad it came bundled.

Booties

Banned
How can you not afford xbl? I don't get people complaining about not having it, yet posting in an online videogame community thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom