• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

As I get home, ready to break and read HaloGAF. mfw when I see what's happening:

IgMyx.gif

See you guys in 24 hours. Also, Fyre, props for that sick burn, god lol.

Guys, this is literally the worst thing ever.

Which airport are you at?

I had a layover/wait for like nine hours one time at Denver airport but the place is so damn massive walking from one end of the terminal to the other took like three hours at a leisurely pace. Stopped for lunch and walked back and I only had to sit there for like a half hour. It was kind of nice.

JohnyRL

Banned
Which airport are you at?

I had a layover/wait for like nine hours one time at Denver airport but the place is so damn massive walking from one end of the terminal to the other took like three hours at a leisurely pace. Stopped for lunch and walked back and I only had to sit there for like a half hour. It was kind of nice.
Im from the Caribbean. Its a tiny, enclosed airport in the south of the island of St. Lucia.

aj1467

Hadn't seen it posted. Description for Halo Escalation #6.

The saga of Halo Wars enters the modern age as Infinity struggles to liberate the long-lost Spirit of Fire from the deadly Vata 'Gajat. Meanwhile, Petra's search for the identity of Infinity's spy could result in her death. The Halo universe is on the brink of a new galactic war!

from here

The saga of Halo Wars enters the modern age as Infinity struggles to liberate the long-lost Spirit of Fire from the deadly Vata 'Gajat. Meanwhile, Petra's search for the identity of Infinity's spy could result in her death. The Halo universe is on the brink of a new galactic war!

from here

Though this is cool from a fiction standpoint, I can't help myself but feel disappointed that they are not exploring this in-game.

from here
Nice. Sharing and giving credit. Thanks Aj.

from here

Pretty cool art to go with it:
HaloEscalation-6-82583.jpg

Mistel

Banned

from here
That's nice that it's being filled in shame about the medium though, on TV or in game this would be great. Do they even know the war is over on the SoF?

That arts really nice as well.

That's nice that it's being filled in shame about the medium though, on TV or in game this would be great. Do they even know the war is over on the SoF?

That arts really nice as well.

Most of the crew if not all is in cryo, maybe serina is still alive or she is already rampant

Art looks great except for the 343 Pelican.

Looks more like Halo 4 concept art artist was hired to do this

Serina's going to bitch slap the shit outta Palmer as she gets "better acquainted" to be Master Chief's new AI "friend." She also won't be wearing pants, but she'll be wearing socks because of the community backlash after Cortana's individual toes.

This news excites me for a Halo Wars 2.

Most of the crew if not all is in cryo, maybe serina is still alive or she is already rampant
I wonder that as well. Perhaps A.I.s have a type of hibernation mode while being temporarily inactive to conserve their lifespan?

Cortana remained in her bubble of light but she didn't stay "asleep" all those years while chief was in CryoSleep. Think back in Halo Legends & FUD than fast forward to Halo 4.

Woorloog

Banned
Art looks great except for the 343 Pelican.

Yup. Their vision Pelican is pretty bad IMO.
Though i gotta say i don't like Bungie's Halo 3/Halo Reach Pelican either.
Halo CE/Halo 2 Pelican is the best one.

A few missions left in Halo 2, as i noted before, Legendary doesn't feel that difficult. The hardest part has been the fight against Regret.
IMO Halo 2 compares well against Halo 3, encounter-wise and map-design-wise. Overall, Halo 3 is better often, for variety of reason but Halo 2 is still very good, though playing on Legendary limits my options often.
And the cutscenes, narrative, characters, plot make it damn great, along with superb soundtrack (not sure if i like ODST OST more than Halo 2 OST).

I thought Halo 2 gameplay was a tad janky or something but it seems playing Halo 2 PC before with KB/M along with variable frame rate (on my old laptop) has probably affected my memory. Playing it with a controller at 60FPS feels good.
I miss sprint from Halo 4/other shooters though, in campaign that is, along with some useful AA-like thing instead of that useless flashlight while playing as the Chief. The Arbiter at least has the wonderfully useful camo. Anything's better than the flashlight...

Halo CE/Halo 2 Pelican is the best one.

A few missions left in Halo 2, as i noted before, Legendary doesn't feel that difficult. The hardest part has been the fight against Regret.
IMO Halo 2 compares well against Halo 3, encounter-wise and map-design-wise. Overall, Halo 3 is better often, for variety of reason but Halo 2 is still very good, though playing on Legendary limits my options often.
And the cutscenes, narrative, characters, plot make it damn great, along with superb soundtrack (not sure if i like ODST OST more than Halo 2 OST).

I thought Halo 2 gameplay was a tad janky or something but it seems playing Halo 2 PC before with KB/M along with variable frame rate (on my old laptop) has probably affected my memory. Playing it with a controller at 60FPS feels good.
I miss sprint from Halo 4/other shooters though, in campaign that is, along with some useful AA-like thing instead of that useless flashlight while playing as the Chief. The Arbiter at least has the wonderfully useful camo. Anything's better than the flashlight...

Halo 2 and Halo 3 Pelican were pretty much the same. It just look like plastic on Halo 3 like everything did lol. Also trust me you dont miss the sprint and stuff,its that you got used to that now.

Nowise10

Halo CE/Halo 2 Pelican is the best one

What does this even mean. They look and function exactly near exactly the same CE to Reach.

Halo 4's pelican gave it a spartan laser, guns on the side, a new interior with no door leading to the pilot seat, and the cockpit windshield now opens up to get in and out, completely grey shaded glass, plus it just looks weird with the rounded wings and everything.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 2 and Halo 3 Pelican were pretty much the same. It just look like plastic on Halo 3 like everything did lol. Also trust me you dont miss the sprint and stuff,its that you got used to that now.

Halo 3 and 2 Pelicans look very different, if you notice details like i do. I never thought Halo 3 Pelican (and other stuff) looks like plastic.
H2 Pelican is more angular, with wider cockpit, and probably the body as well.

I do miss sprint (hell, i miss it in other old shooters too, thankfully Jedi Knight has Force Speed at least), because it makes running from enemies on Legendary possible.
In multiplayer, no sprint for Halo please, just faster movement.

Hell, i'll trade the flashlight for sprint just for the Chief, the Arbiter has much better survivability with camo.

What does this even mean. They look and function exactly near exactly the same CE to Reach.

Function, yes, look no. Subtle differences, the kind i notice right away. And i do not like Halo 3/Reach Pelican, it looks wrong. At least it ain't as bad as 343 Pelican.
EDIT and it ain't just "more detail and better textures", the model for Halo 3/Reach is different, more rounded and aerodynamic, with slightly different proportions and thinner but longer cockpit.

Woorloog

Banned
Odd, the difference doesn't seem that big in those pics but whenever i play Halo 3, and see a Pelican, i can't help it but think that the Pelican looks wrong.
Arguably the interiors having large differences does cause a lot of this but...
The color matters too, gunmetal gray vs military-olive.

EDIT note the landing gear and vehicle-magnet, there's a clear difference. Halo 3 Pelican has shorter tail.

Original Pelicans were Mi-24A's:
640px-Mil_Mi-24A_Hind.jpg

Halo 4 Pelicans are Mi-24Ds or later:
640px-Mi-35_Hind_Akbar.jpg

Someone at 343i obviously Google image searched "gunship," and couldn't resist changing it because random design changes were what Halo 4 was all about.

I wonder that as well. Perhaps A.I.s have a type of hibernation mode while being temporarily inactive to conserve their lifespan?

Cortana remained in her bubble of light but she didn't stay "asleep" all those years while chief was in CryoSleep. Think back in Halo Legends & FUD than fast forward to Halo 4.

Stand-by? yeah, IAs can but IAs cant stop thinking.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Original Pelicans were Mi-24A's:
640px-Mil_Mi-24A_Hind.jpg

Halo 4 Pelicans are Mi-24Ds or later:
640px-Mi-35_Hind_Akbar.jpg

Someone at 343i obviously Google image searched "gunship," and couldn't resist changing it because random design changes were what Halo 4 was all about.

Wow. The bottom comparison is much more similar to Halo 4 than the top comparison is to the other Halo iterations.

Woorloog

Banned
and couldn't resist changing it because random design changes were what Halo 4 was all about.
I wonder, do people remember that Bungie did those random changes as well?
Pelican in Reach is supposed to be the same class as in Halo CE/2 but uses a model based on Halo 3 Pelican, the Banshee has gotten a total overhaul, the AR looks a lot different, the Brutes look like cave trolls instead of apes they were before...

FyreWulff

Was there ever any story behind this skull near the end of Halo 2 or was it just nothing more than an Easter egg?

H2VSkull_zps5df3f5c8.png

Isn't that Iron?

It only has an effect in co-op below Legendary difficulty. Single player means nothing for Iron in Halo 2.

edit: the effect it has is if one of you die, you go back to the checkpoint. Legendary already does this.

Woorloog

Banned
Isn't that Iron?

It only has an effect in co-op below Legendary difficulty. Single player means nothing for Iron in Halo 2.

edit: the effect it has is if one of you die, you go back to the checkpoint. Legendary already does this.

Iron didn't restart the mission in Halo 2 solo campaign?

Fuchsdh

Serina's going to bitch slap the shit outta Palmer as she gets "better acquainted" to be Master Chief's new AI "friend." She also won't be wearing pants, but she'll be wearing socks because of the community backlash after Cortana's individual toes.

This news excites me for a Halo Wars 2.

I wouldn't mind having Serina boss us around. But I would imagine even if she put herself into some sort of low-power state, she's bound to have gone rampant and died by now...

Odd, the difference doesn't seem that big in those pics but whenever i play Halo 3, and see a Pelican, i can't help it but think that the Pelican looks wrong.
Arguably the interiors having large differences does cause a lot of this but...
The color matters too, gunmetal gray vs military-olive.

EDIT note the landing gear and vehicle-magnet, there's a clear difference. Halo 3 Pelican has shorter tail.

I didn't really like the Halo Reach Pelicans, but I don't really have any issues with the H3 ones. I like the H4 ones as the gunships they are, but they don't make much sense as replacements for the old ones.

I wonder, do people remember that Bungie did those random changes as well?
Pelican in Reach is supposed to be the same class as in Halo CE/2 but uses a model based on Halo 3 Pelican, the Banshee has gotten a total overhaul, the AR looks a lot different, the Brutes look like cave trolls instead of apes they were before...
Yeah, I was a little harsh but it's still not really a sensible change. I would have just introduced a new gunship variant while keeping the old ones.

Bungie designs I think were executed a little better. I thought the way they changed the AR and the Banshee improved the them in the looks department.

Yeah, I was a little harsh but it's still not really a sensible change. I would have just introduced a new gunship variant while keeping the old ones.

Bungie designs I think were executed a little better. I thought the way they changed the AR and the Banshee improved the them in the looks department.

I prefer the Halo 3 AR. It looks more distinct and unique.

Fuchsdh

I prefer the Halo 3 AR. It looks more distinct and unique.

Halo Reach AR definitely has its fans, but I'm with you. The Halo 1/3/4 AR has a unique profile. The Halo Reach AR just turned it into your average chunky human weapon (I think they did the same thing to the shotgun as well.)

The AR: Have a compass, but don't ask for any sights.

The 1960's: NASA designs a capsule that enters the atmosphere from space and safely deposits a three man crew on Earth's surface with no injuries.

The 2550's: The UNSC can't drop ODSTs from orbit without half of them ending up lost, injured, or pancaked.

Well I'm doing a better job than funk :p you could have shown them the doctored speedy quote. We found speedy a girlfriend:
Yo Storm, if you come to PAX, I will gladly let you play watch me play my Xbox One. :) It could be the start of a beautiful relationship. :)

Unless Zoojoo wants to be with me. In that case I'm sorry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom