• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

That's a lot of steps for a pat on the back. I could just hire Omlet or Tashi and save myself the trouble.
tumblr_m4lidhFLaD1rn95k2o1_400.gif

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 2 Legendary replay finished. The most difficult section? The beginning of Gravemind, took me over 30 minutes to get finished with it. Halo 2 Legendary requires perfection...

EDIT so, encounters in Halo 2. Good but damn they were small, and usually had enemies in waves, guess hardware limits are the reason.

In about 45 minutes or so I'll be on Halo 4 for like an hour if anybody wants to play.

I can play Reach/3/ODST if anyone wants as well. But not too late I have class in the morning.

Mix

Well, at the end of the Titanfall beta run, my K/D was 4.6 and I used hardly anything but the sniper. Good dame that definitely has an awesome layer of verticality, my only issue was that when the game lagged, if it lagged, the movement because so stuttered and broken that the wall running became useless. Otherwise, it's a really fun game. I will definitely pick it up in March.

Edit: My player K/D was 3.2

When people say K/D you better mean your against other players.

Also games played and Win %. Nobody cares bout your statwhoring til the game comes out.

Very curious on how 343 will redesign the Covenant. Flood won't really change except the look for the Gravemind (shudders). All that you remembered gazing at the art designs for the characters and human & covenant levels will be updated. I am an ready for H2A.

Also if 343 will use a 3D wallpaper for the background. Hmmm... *stares into the Forerunner Dreadnought placed in the center of High Charity*

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
New 360 arrived, yay. XBL card should arrive any day now, just in time for me to ignore it and play the FF14 Beta on my PS4.

Very curious on how 343 will redesign the Covenant. Flood won't really change except the look for the Gravemind (shudders). All that you remembered gazing at the art designs for the characters and human & covenant levels will be updated. I am an ready for H2A.

Also if 343 will use a 3D wallpaper for the background. Hmmm... *stares into the Forerunner Dreadnought placed in the center of High Charity*

they dont need to change anything. 343's changes are mostly shit.

Will they redesign them though? I think the whole Halo 4 redesign was so they didn't have to keep redesigning with every game. By now they should have the assets for CGI, TV, games, web and more. We've seen Jackals, Grunts, Elites, Hunters, Prometheans, Spartans etc in CGI and in game and live action too.

Perhaps Brutes for a new redesign but I'm guessing we're basically in for higher resolution models, smoother animations and higher quality textures that were the source for the above mediums. That or we're going to see greater numbers of these on screen.

I'd rather they spend more time creating more content or a longer campaign. I get why they wanted to redesign everything but no way did they do all that just for Halo 4 on 360, the redesign was a global sweep so 343i developed assets for a range of mediums. Give me more maps/environments, more objects/textures in Forge, diverse campaign missions etc. IMO there is no need to go redesigning things now.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can someone honestly explain to me what a viral is.

There's more to it, but shills, plants, virals, etc all subtly promote things without their audience knowing. The person hired (interns or just PR people) is generally inserted into an ecosystem, be it Twitter, GAF, reddit, etc and then promote something in their contribution to said community. It's hard to explain as it's sometimes difficult to distinguish genuine enthusiasm from shilling but it's there. Looking at something like this gives it away.

edit: I guess "stealth marketing" is the simplest way to describe it.

they dont need to change anything. 343's changes are mostly shit.
I have faith they won't screw up with a remake. Imho CEA was/is beautiful. Had no problems with reach's covenant assets being used.

Will they redesign them though? I think the whole Halo 4 redesign was so they didn't have to keep redesigning with every game. By now they should have the assets for CGI, TV, games, web and more. We've seen Jackals, Grunts, Elites, Hunters, Prometheans, Spartans etc in CGI and in game and live action too.

Perhaps Brutes for a new redesign but I'm guessing we're basically in for higher resolution models, smoother animations and higher quality textures that were the source for the above mediums. That or we're going to see greater numbers of these on screen.

Probably the latter.

I'd rather they spend more time creating more content or a longer campaign. I get why they wanted to redesign everything but no way did they do all that just for Halo 4 on 360, the redesign was a global sweep so 343i developed assets for a range of mediums. Give me more maps/environments, more objects/textures in Forge, diverse campaign missions etc. IMO there is no need to go redesigning things now.

Agreed. But I don't think Forge or Theater mode is needed. Maybe like what Fubar said about an extended level(s)? I don't really see the harm in redesigning them unless it conflicts with their schedule and vision.
Answered in bold.

Brutes= import from Reach.
Oh god. No..

There's more to it, but shills, plants, virals, etc all subtly promote things without their audience knowing. The person hired (interns or just PR people) is generally inserted into an ecosystem, be it Twitter, GAF, reddit, etc and then promote something in their contribution to said community. It's hard to explain as it's sometimes difficult to distinguish genuine enthusiasm from shilling but it's there. Looking at something like this gives it away.

edit: I guess "stealth marketing" is the simplest way to describe it.
lmao at that link.

Omni

They're not that good in reach, 3 should be a basis with the pack behavior and varying degrees of rankings. In reach they're just needler fodder.

Yah. Brutes in Halo 3 were great. I really liked the Power Armour too. It was really satisfying to shoot off

This might actually be funny.

Or it might get you banned.

Sounds like a win-win you should go for it
Yeah. Either way we'll get a laugh out of it, Speedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom