• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking the insistence on 60 FPS from start. Means everything they do, they're trying to make sure it won't go below.

And if they are having interoffice matches already, it means it's a decent build so far, so it means we'll have it sooner or later.

If its supposed to come out Fall 2014 then we need to get info by at latest March.

Mistel

Banned
Every iteration of Halo uses the same engine that has been modified since CE.

I just want a game that feels like Halo, not a game that feels like CoD or Battlefield. with a Halo skin.

That's cool about the engine thing. I also want a decent halo game that is an arena shooter.

Which applies itself to the core audience not trying to get more users with dramatic changes that might appeal to a different audience like halo 4.

belushy

Banned
The least 343i can do is reduce the amount of AAs and change them to be similar to equipment from Halo 3. Make them static map pick ups, one-time use only.
Aye

Didn't someone say that the way "AAs" in Destiny works is that you can't use it from the get go, but you go around the map and pick up "heavy ammo" to fill a bar which then lets you use it? Something like that could work in Halo too.

Ultimately I'd want no AAs at all, but I'm not sure if that will happen.

still no customizable button layouts?

My first response to that post. Halo in 2014 does not need 'schemes' that dictate an inflexible set of button designations. This is the brave new world, next gen; we're snapping web browsers and getting tossed off by cartoons with a VR set strapped to our bonce. Might we finally be able to say if A does B and B does A?

Has flinch been killed yet?

Guaranteed that's gone.

For Halo 5 to be playable there is an exhaustive list of things it mustn't do, before we get to what it must. This includes but is certainly not limited to:

Flinch
Superglue flag
AA's
Untoggleable sprint
All social playlists
Inertia
Instant respawn
Perks and all their variations
Killstreaks
White central text
Laggy, ugly, unintuitive UI that doesn't tell you who won the game or how many headshots you got
Blink and you'll miss em medals
Medals for rocket kills
One hit kill weapons
3x scope DMR

etc

etc

Cow

I want Halo on Xbox One to be the most competitively capable online Halo yet. More importantly I want it to be fun, not annoying like Halo 4.

Caayn

Didn't someone say that the way "AAs" in Destiny works is that you can't use it from the get go, but you go around the map and pick up "heavy ammo" to fill a bar which then lets you use it? Something like that could work in Halo too.

Ultimately I'd want no AAs at all, but I'm not sure if that will happen.
I doubt that that will work for Halo. In the end you still would have no clue about what AA the other players have. At least it enforces a "limit" to how many times someone can use said AA.

Removal of AA would be my preference too.

well, i know what playlist i'm getting my 50 in

IfGkK1T.jpg

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
I agree with this. 343 may have made some insanely obvious mistakes after years of what works in a Halo game, but I'm personally going to wait to see how things start rolling out first before I jump to any conclusions.

If I see any hint of a Camo AA, may baby jesus have mercy on 343's soul.

Fixed.

No future projects to be discussed... great.

"Come ask us what our favorite foods and colors are! Because anything less inane than that won't get answered!"

nillapuddin

Licensing issues, possibly. Also Marvel's just been lagging with digital distribution.

that really sucks, I about to finish Initiation and buy Escalation on Dark Horse's website

I have all the books in physical/digital form, but have no intention of acquiring all the comic books, still Id love to make sure I own them digitally if possible

nillapuddin

when I see art like this, it makes me happy
I liked Escalation 1, there were a few panels I didnt think were up to snuff (all of which were blasted on this forum) luckily they were exceptions not rules.

I just fucking love the Arbiter, I can barely wait for Mortal Dictata to come out, and I like the Cheiftan design introduced.

Yes, you can clearly see different designs of Covenant baddies, but Im glad that 343 is going with the 'different species' rather than retconning them completely*, it makes sense to me that pockets of the Storm believers would differ from the traditional Covenant races.

although Mk-VI was retconned, sigh

Ataxia

Is there a way to cap framerate on Halo 2 Vista? Just installed it on my laptop and am getting ~110 frames during gameplay... meaning that there's judder and tearing.

Mix

Hey Over, thanks for pointing out the GOG.com Fallout 1,2, Tactics sale. Jumped on that hard, I've never finished 2 or played Tactics

Is there a way to cap framerate on Halo 2 Vista? Just installed it on my laptop and am getting ~110 frames during gameplay... meaning that there's judder and tearing.
Did you try putting -novsync at the end of the shortcut target?

I still wanna see Brutes with something like this:

iW86zSX27U2Qj.gif

As you can see, the old MK VI. doesn't exist anymore except fan service to the older fans. His new armor just replaces the old design as if it never existed.

I hope they ignore that change, and at least say his original MK VI design existed at some point.

Madness

Yeah Frank, feel free to go back to the literal drawing board for halo 5. Bring back the old jackals though. Don't make all the enemies look like small, medium, large and extra large versions of each other. They're all different species united under a common banner. Give them different voices, skin texture, nails etc.

I hope they take Brute animations above what we say with Halo 3. I'd want to fight Chieftains who move like King Kong did in the Peter Jackson remake, very animalistic and unorthodox. Maybe once we shoot off their armor again etc.

Edit: oh and the monks. They have to be back. If I fire up Halo 5 and don't hear them, it's like an instant negative for me. One of the big disappointments with halo 4 launch. Like wtf is this wailing shit.

GhaleonEB

The best "wait for it" gun ever was the Redeemer from Unreal. Even if I only got one kill, flying it around for as long as possible before detonating was one of my favorite trolls.

My favorite Halo weapon troll was the missile pod in Halo 3. I'd empty all but one last shot, and then aim at the enemy Banshee and watch them flip out due to the lock on warning klaxon. I once kept an enemy Banshee totally occupied for a couple minutes straight on Sandtrap, and never fired a shot. I imagine they thought an unusually persistent missile was on their tail.

My favorite Halo weapon troll was the missile pod in Halo 3. I'd empty all but one last shot, and then aim at the enemy Banshee and watch them flip out due to the lock on warning klaxon. I once kept an enemy Banshee totally occupied for a couple minutes straight on Sandtrap, and never fired a shot. I imagine they thought an unusually persistent missile was on their tail.

LOL I imagined this all in my head and it was entertaining. I felt like such a badass grabbing the Missle Pod and jumping into the grav-lift and predicting where a person was going to be on top-mid and watching as they pop over the side and get their face slammed with a rocket. Good times.

Oh yeah, and for all you fans...
LfpTuTD.png

Yesss... Yessssssssss

Damn, I miss that thing also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom