• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

I think I played some of the new Dominion gametypes one you only capture B, no shields doors, no radar it feels kinda empty just defending B and another Dominon type with no power weapons defending A,B and C which feels more better than the normal dominion gametype.

There is a reason of why they removed dominion?

No one played it.

It should be replaced with one of the invasion-like games we played in customs back when I still played customs. Shit was awesome.

No one played it.

It should be replaced with one of the invasion-like games we played in customs back when I still played customs. Shit was awesome.

Freaking mind blown how one of their start and heavily gametypes failed so bad, I think one of their DLC maps have Dominion settings but wow I am loss of words here why they headed to support BTB and completely ignored Dominion like Invasion on Reach.

Ghazi

If 343 was very smart, what they would do is have various location tests and get feedback from real players. Only use like 1 map and have players come out and test the game like Capcom is doing with Ultra Street Fighter 4, hell a player discovered an infinite while playing and it's going to be fixed, things that may not get caught in their own offices.

You get real people, real fans, and real feedback on things, that's what a community is for and I feel like 343 is severely missing on out not capitalizing on the vocal players who WANT them to make a good game. A beta would work similar to that as well. The thing I'm bothered by, is that it seems like Frankie and the crew only think about the bad places of the internet dicking around, rather than everyone here, even on Waypoint and Reddit ffs, various Halo forums, and probably more that would die to help them make the best game they can possibly make.

I'd love Frankie, Bravo, or David to correct me on this, but in my view it looks like everyone at 343 wants to suck up their chests and do everything on their own. It's like they're scared to ask for help, they didn't do anything until H4's population started dropping very, very rapidly. That's the only time they started to be more vocal about community support and pro/non-infinity gametypes. Bungie had betas for their last two games, and they both turned out better than 343s, even with the extra money and support 343 supposedly had in comparison to Bungie, being a literal part of Microsoft and all (I don't understand why 343 had to pay money for a patch, supposedly, when the game was fresh)

I mean, come on guys, I really don't want to see the next Halo turn out badly. I wish Frankie and the gang interacted with us/the community more, even if to tell us they didn't want us to bother with this. Frankly, there's so much room for opportunity for them to talk to us and they don't take it.

I hope my rant was coherent.

Dominion is a mess of a gametype, I never know what's going on. They should have brought Invasion back with Prometheans instead of Elites and I'd have jizzed my pants.

Anyway, 60 fps and dedicated servers are such a massive, massive opportunity for Halo. Like this really could be the best online Halo multiplayer ever if they stick to the right principles.

Yeah, it really does. The time is right for a Halo game to completely dominate once again, all factors considered.

With Bravo, Neighbor, Dersky et al there early on hopefully stupidity is being weeded out at its germinative stage. Like, whoever thought of the survive the exploding vehicle perk should be fired on the spot for not having the franchises' best interests at heart.

If Halo 5 were to have a three week beta in March, would anyone (who hasn't already) buy on Xbox One for it? Will they even bother with a beta?

I'm sure they will be helpful, but I still think that's putting too many cookies into a few baskets. The leaders/people making the decisions may not listen to a few low-level people, whereas we'd have more of a voice because of the sheer numbers.

Now combine that with how Halo fans are more unified in what they want out of a Halo game these days. Killer Instinct is a great example of this, granted that was closer to release but still, if they're playing games now hopefully it won't be too far off before we see some footage.

Fans are ready.

That sounds terrible.

I'd be open to a slight increase honestly. Halo PC BTB was pretty damn fun, despite that community wanting to spawn with Snipers every match lol. 24 players on some of those maps could be alright, given the core gameplay is as fun as CE was.

As long as the core gameplay is as solid as it once was (CE) the rest will fall into place. There would be less "bad" maps, less "bad" weapons, less complaining and BS, etc. Build from a solid foundation of AR/Pistol starts and the pieces will fall into place.

Bungie fell into the habit of overbalancing and nerfing the game to crap. Inconsistency and randomness have no place in Halo, especially at a fundamental level of an FPS.

//=====

FUNKNOWN iXi said:
To describe it shortly, the Pistol was never really broken. CE's sandbox was very limited because it was the only weapon that was used midrange aside from the Sniper, so the fact that people call it broken is unfair in that respect.

Now compare it to the other weapons in their respective roles:

• PR/PP vs Pistol -> PR/PP had stun and would dominate the Pistol close range. If the Pistol won, then good job.. Doesn't mean the weapon is broken because there could be many factors that played into that (player skill, out of ammo, low health, etc.)
  • AR vs Pistol -> AR had 64 shots and had an incredibly quick melee, and what made it more useful was that you could use it to activate Camo quicker by shooting a bullet.
  • Shotgun vs Pistol -> Shotgun was an absolute monster. Nothing else to say about it.
  • Sniper vs Pistol -> This is obvious.
  • Rocket vs Pistol -> This is obvious.
  • Needler was useless.

By giving weapons certain traits you increase their uniqueness and viability in the weapon sandbox, but when every weapon pretty much functions the same then sure, the CE Pistol in Halo 4's sandbox would be broken. I still can't understand how people could spout the same bullshit Bungie's been saying for years when it never really made sense in the first place.

Let me ask you, what's the most important factor in a video game?
Let me answer: FUN.

So why are people shitting on a weapon that SOOOO many people found incredibly fun and rewarding to use? Also, I should also throw out there (yet again) that not even professional Halo CE players can land consistent 3sk's on LAN, so obviously the weapon takes some skill to use.

Aside from weapons, another way to balance a returning CE Pistol would be to make a more responsive strafe, increase the movement speed and not have babby level aim assist like in Halo 2. Halo 5 can easily return to AR/Pistol starts granted the rest of the sandbox is balanced properly.

One of my many posts about CE.

609485983.gif

Random post #1234231: Xbox.com forums deleted my community survey post with this gem: Advertising external links, thread deleted. I put it into the Halo 4 forums and it's all about the game...WTF. Community karma for being a Waypoint mod? LOL.

@Exwife I'm still living in the future, Monday morning up in here. You HaloGAF people living in the past :)

Also Random Rosso makes a return towards the end of the month, I think he got perma'd but confirmed coming back.

IHaveIce

Banned
Let's bring back Reach guys.

Sure, MLG or Anniversary only though.

People playing the normal Team Slayer list in the game, smh.

Also I still can't decide which game had the worse maps, Halo 4 or Halo Reach.

God I hate most of them.

EDIT: vvvvvvv OOOR give us a beta with a feedback section where you can fill it out and it will be read, perferably just ask after everyday of playing the beta INGAME how do you like it. Give it 1 star and you should get a ticket for a chat to say what is wrong. boom.

Seriously make a fucking public beta, it seems your friend and family beta for Halo 4 wasn't that good. Wonder if Devo could elaborate how she had to give feedback and if she felt it was heard.

If 343 was very smart, what they would do is have various location tests and get feedback from real players. Only use like 1 map and have players come out and test the game like Capcom is doing with Ultra Street Fighter 4, hell a player discovered an infinite while playing and it's going to be fixed, things that may not get caught in their own offices.

You get real people, real fans, and real feedback on things, that's what a community is for and I feel like 343 is severely missing on out not capitalizing on the vocal players who WANT them to make a good game. A beta would work similar to that as well. The thing I'm bothered by, is that it seems like Frankie and the crew only think about the bad places of the internet dicking around, rather than everyone here, even on Waypoint and Reddit ffs, various Halo forums, and probably more that would die to help them make the best game they can possibly make.

I'd love Frankie, Bravo, or David to correct me on this, but in my view it looks like everyone at 343 wants to suck up their chests and do everything on their own. It's like they're scared to ask for help, they didn't do anything until H4's population started dropping very, very rapidly. That's the only time they started to be more vocal about community support and pro/non-infinity gametypes. Bungie had betas for their last two games, and they both turned out better than 343s, even with the extra money and support 343 supposedly had in comparison to Bungie, being a literal part of Microsoft and all (I don't understand why 343 had to pay money for a patch, supposedly, when the game was fresh)

I mean, come on guys, I really don't want to see the next Halo turn out badly. I wish Frankie and the gang interacted with us/the community more, even if to tell us they didn't want us to bother with this. Frankly, there's so much room for opportunity for them to talk to us and they don't take it.

I hope my rant was coherent.

For the love of God 343i please invite some of the community people to test it and not only pros. To broke the game and find more issues rather than seeing pros only use BR and stay on distance most of the time without seeing the main issues like the bolshok or loadouts being poorly designed.

Mistel

Banned
For the love of God 343i please invite some of the community people to test it and not only pros. To broke the game and find more issues rather than seeing pros only use BR and stay on distance most of the time without seeing the main issues like the bolshok or loadouts being poorly designed.

How no one even picked up on the boltshot is beyond me the same for loadouts. A beta multiplayer should be done for for the next title, then things like infinity slayer could be avoided in the future.

Speedy to become the Halo Xbox One next Louis Wu LAN-centre-party-house-343i-staff-visit-to-play-against-community-n-drink-beer-n-stuff.

Save this post :)

Ghazi

Someone's parents need to do this every time someone asks to spend money:

0010_kl8q.gif

jk, but seriously, that is a huge ass waste of money

Speedy's parents must be filthy rich, or extremely dumb.

whynotboth.gif

Info would be nicer, a beta would be nicer, but I doubt they'll be free with info because releasing those early Haven screenshots did not do them any favors last time, screw any potential benefits a release would have.

so HaloGAF, do you think 343 is going to upfront this time around? Or are they going to give us Halo5BR.gif and then announce vehicle ordnance drops 2 months later?

Who is Luis? Luis call me and convince that kid to lend me a Xbox One.

Oh dear, duck and cover now for you are about to unleash Halo fans wrath from all directions and ages :(

I don't know him personally but he founded and has been running Halo.Bungie.Org forever, a super nice guy, built a LAN centre at his house, is famous for LAN'ing the game and mixing Bungie staff/community at such home events and generally being a seriously awesome Halo fan and contributor. This is the sort of Halo fan we should all aspire to be.

If I lived within range of the events, that HaloGAF get treated to, Wu would be on the top of my list to meet. His name is a persona, which is the main character of Ringworld, which largely inspired Halo.

Some tidbits about him and easter eggs in Halo games

EDIT: Oh wow, I totally miss read that one. Plasma grenade my own face.

Madness

Oh dear, duck and cover now for you are about to unleash Halo fans wrath from all directions and ages :(

I don't know him personally but he founded and has been running Halo.Bungie.Org forever, a super nice guy, built a LAN centre at his house, is famous for LAN'ing the game and mixing Bungie staff/community at such home events and generally being a seriously awesome Halo fan and contributor. This is the sort of Halo fan we should all aspire to be.

If I lived within range of the events, that HaloGAF get treated to, Wu would be on the top of my list to meet. His name is a persona, which is the main character of Ringworld, which largely inspired Halo.

LOL, Speedy getting mistaken for Wu.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Overrated imo

heckfu

Banned

meh.

he's ok but he has a troll living in his basement. tashi and i tossed and turned all night because of all the snoring.

That button-pusing meme in the comic makes no sense. People made fun of it originally because it was repetitive and grating in Halo 4. Attempting to reference it for humor in later Halo works only serves as a reminder of shittiness. It's not endearing at all.
Stop it.

Also, what is the point of giving the character spotlight to an asshole?

heckfu

Banned
That button-pusing meme in the comic makes no sense. People made fun of it originally because it was repetitive and grating in Halo 4. Attempting to reference it for humor in later Halo works only serves as a reminder of shittiness. It's not endearing at all.

The+Joker+-+And+Here+We+Go.gif

Ghazi

Stop it.

Also, what is the point of giving the character spotlight to an asshole?
I don't think they put it in there as meme :/

Mix

I don't get it

:lol
best post

EDIT: Thanks to Over pointing it out, I got Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout: Tactics for free on GOG.com but I can't fucking beat the first game because I can't find a fucking stealth boy to sneak past the fucking Nightkin after talking the Master in blowing himself up, can someone please fucking help me?

Who's Bungie.net?
eh's a cool guy, who doesn't afraid of anything.
I don't get it
lol haha
lol I am curious what people think though. Has 343 done enough where people will believe what they're going to tell us? Or will most people be skeptical until we near launch and see the near finished product?

I won't believe anything until I see it with my own eyes and play it with my own hands and make love to it with my own genitals.

..or until I see them reference me for bringing back AR/Pistol starts because it makes too much sense

TheXbox

lol I am curious what people think though. Has 343 done enough where people will believe what they're going to tell us? Or will most people be skeptical until we near launch and see the near finished product?
"Near launch" isn't enough. I don't even trust reviews anymore. I remember IGN's review for Halo 4, the guy mentioned loadouts, perks, and killstreaks, but reassured us that "it all suits Halo just fine" or something like that. 9.8/10. I mean, yeah, it's 9GN, but almost every review outlet said the same thing. The only people that will convince of anything now are actual Halo fans. Who knows, with a two year dev cycle 343 might launch a beta for $60 again, there's no way to know if it's good until after it's released.

Ghazi

"Near launch" isn't enough. I don't even trust reviews anymore. I remember IGN's review for Halo 4, the guy mentioned loadouts, perks, and killstreaks, but reassured us that "it all suits Halo just fine" or something like that. 9.8/10. I mean, yeah, it's 9GN, but almost every review outlet said the same thing. The only people that will convince of anything now are actual Halo fans. Who knows, with a two year dev cycle 343 might launch a beta for $60 again, there's no way to know if it's good until after it's released.

They can't afford to fuck this title up, the series can't afford one more bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom