• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataxia

I got $600 from Santa... And instead of buying a next gen console like I was planning to, I bought $250 sunglasses, lots of alcohol and clothes. I have no priorities these days.

Merry Christmas etcetera.

Mix

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas today and/or yesterday. Be safe and enjoy time with family and friends.

Nirvana

So does every still hate this game like last time I visited, or have things balanced out a bit more?

Not entirely sure about buying Halo 5 (I will definitely buy it because Halo) so wanted to know what Halo 4 was like these days.

MarkusRJR

Got Halo 4 GOTY Edition for Christmas and it is crashing every time I try to enter the campaign. Is this a common problem? It will freeze during the intro cutscene or during the first mission constantly. I've tried to get through 6 times now but nope. Really getting frustrated. My dad is really getting in a bad mood that the gift he got me refuses to work.

Way to ruin Christmas, 343. (only half serious)

So does every still hate this game like last time I visited, or have things balanced out a bit more?

Not entirely sure about buying Halo 5 (I will definitely buy it because Halo) so wanted to know what Halo 4 was like these days.

Halo 4 is as close to "balanced" as it'll ever be: depending on what you know, a new series of gametypes under the unofficial title "Turbo" were released a while back. Thanks to some backend tweaks on 343's part, it allowed them to make some minor revisions to the weapon sandbox, the most notable of which include:

- BR regains its four-shot kill functionality. Becomes the Mario or jack-of-all-trades starting weapon.
- Carbine buffed extensively, making it nearly (or exactly) on par with the other starting precision rifles, in the right hands. Good, aggressive (or suppressive) precision weapon.
- Light Rifle gets some tweaks to essentially become the Combat Evolved pistol while scoped in, and has its aim assist and spread (I think?) modified to become the token long-range harassment precision rifle. The Light Rifle is now the range of the Halo 4 DMR, the power of the Combat Evolved pistol and the versatility of Halo Reach's DMR. That is, it's a specialized high-range weapon that's good for countering snipers, but its effectiveness has been reduced at close range.

-SAW's power has increased slightly and it no longer feels like a slog to tear through the initial shielding.
-All starting auto weapons are buffed; Assault Rifle, specifically, has been modified to take exactly twice the number of bullets to kill compared to the SAW.
-Warthog turret got a slight buff.

The changes have overall sped up the gameplay a bit, but odd design decisions like ordnance and slow shield recharge rates means that the game is still very much "run and gun and run away and reroll" compared to the classic "run and gun." I personally prefer Halo 4's gunplay over Reach and even Halo 2 / 3's, but it's still a very mixed bag thanks to ground-in stains from a tainted sandbox, overcomplicated map design, and an ever-dwindling population of approximately 15,000 per day. If you still have it, give it a shot and see what you think compared to vanilla Halo 4 - it's akin to the major weapon tuning update Halo 2 got.

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

Mistel

Banned

Turbo update improved some stuff but the ordinance and slow shield recharge rate make it slow paced so does the long range combat, playing aggressively with the battle rifle and the carbine and dominate mid range with surprising ease.

Got Halo 4 GOTY Edition for Christmas and it is crashing every time I try to enter the campaign. Is this a common problem? It will freeze during the intro cutscene or during the first mission constantly. I've tried to get through 6 times now but nope. Really getting frustrated. My dad is really getting in a bad mood that the gift he got me refuses to work.

If found this waypoint thread but i doubt it will be helpful but it might be Halo 4 freezes everyone's favorite way point mod posted :p

Merry Christmas HaloGAF! I had some extra time at work in between making news graphics, so I made a more vibrant and lively looking version of this Halo 5 Chief picture. It makes a good desktop background!

6EwbF8K.jpg

It feels weird not do go to a familiar trip to some unknown place like we always do every dec 25th

Guess you gotta miss those things you get familiarized to do, even the boring ones.

gAg CruSh3r

Merry Christmas HaloGAF! I had some extra time at work in between making news graphics, so I made a more vibrant and lively looking version of this Halo 5 Chief picture. It makes a good desktop background!

That looks great! I love the more vibrant colors. Please make the colors more like this 343. Merry Christmas :)..

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

put a dusting of snow on him. and make the cloak red.

So what did everyone here get for Christmas? :)

I just got clothes, which I'm happy with. If I can find a new Wii U at a price I wouldn't feel guilty of my Dad spending on me, I might get one, since he said he wants to buy me one since he didn't buy me my Xbox or Playstation this year.

Merry ChriXistmas to all and to all a good night!

I just got clothes, which I'm happy with. If I can find a new Wii U at a price I wouldn't feel guilty of my Dad spending on me, I might get one, since he said he wants to buy me one since he didn't buy me my Xbox or Playstation this year.

lol

Mistel

Banned

The harsh life of Speedy :p get monster hunter ultimate 3 if you get one brought for you at least you can buy a game for it.

feel

Merry Christmas guys and gals. Love you all.

See you all in my next monthly halogaf visit

edit-
shit almost forgot, GIMME HALO 3 and ODST ON STEAM FRANKIE C'MON!

And Halo CE with xinput, and Halo 2.

Gui_PT

I got a Nestle chocolate bar you little shit

The harsh life of Speedy :p get monster hunter ultimate 3 if you get one brought for you at least you can buy a game for it.
I plan on getting 3D World and Lost World when I get my next Paycheck. I'll check Monster Hunter out though, never played any of them before.

I got a Nestle chocolate bar you little shit
No need to be hostile. :| Am I coming off as ungrateful? I love the clothing I got, and I pretty clearly stated that I would feel guilty getting an expensive gift.

Merry Christmas, Milhouse. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom