• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataxia

iC065YFykeL32.gif

</3

As for playing Halo 4...

NPSHW5p.png

HALOGAF Customs Night December 7, 2013

Customs Night returns this Saturday, December 7th at 9PM EST to whenever everyone is sick of Halo, each other, or a combination of both. Send a message to GT: Fuchsdh to get in on a piece of the action.

Scheduled for play are Gabo's new gametypes, the always-entertaining Prop Hunt, and whatever else people have a hankering for. When I've been running customs we haven't played as many straight slayer or objective matches (with BR starts, natch), but if people want more o' that we can certainly accommodate.

If you want to play a map/gametype of your own or someone else's creation, put it in your file share so it's ready to go on game night, or send me a link and I'll grab it myself.

Also, if after the festivities you have clips you want rendered out, upload the film to your share and let me know.

See you there!

Cant wait to play with gaf again.

Fotos

NPSHW5p.png

HALOGAF Customs Night December 7, 2013

Customs Night returns this Saturday, December 7th at 9PM EST to whenever everyone is sick of Halo, each other, or a combination of both. Send a message to GT: Fuchsdh to get in on a piece of the action.

Scheduled for play are Gabo's new gametypes, the always-entertaining Prop Hunt, and whatever else people have a hankering for. When I've been running customs we haven't played as many straight slayer or objective matches (with BR starts, natch), but if people want more o' that we can certainly accommodate.

If you want to play a map/gametype of your own or someone else's creation, put it in your file share so it's ready to go on game night, or send me a link and I'll grab it myself.

Also, if after the festivities you have clips you want rendered out, upload the film to your share and let me know.

See you there!

Might take a break from XB1 to join. Haven't played Halo 4 in months.

Who thinks the sparks off the armor when shot will be in Halo 5? That would look pretty cool in 60fps.

Computron

I just got accused of and reported for "using full auto BR". Love these kids.

LOL.

----------------------

So destiny sounds quite a bit like shadowrun with all the movement and class specialties. All the verticality sounds fun when combined with gliding and double jumping, and as far as i've read, NO JETPACK! I hope the movement is as smooth as, say, Crysis 2/3 MP.

I wonder what they will do to cater to the competitive crowd?
Will they have a mode where everyone is basically the same class and has the same weapon and spawns and no random nonsense like ordnance drops?

IHaveIce

Banned
Destiny sounds like a full blown Reach multiplayer. Not Halo at all, I also doubt shooting feels like Halo when there is ADS.

I think it's a bad idea to go into Destiny thinking you're going to have a Halo-esque experience. There's a reason it isn't called Halo. If the features/mechanics provide satisfying gameplay within the contraints of they experience they are building then sign me up. If not, at least the scenery is nice.

Don't tell me what to expect, bigr.

Destiny sounds like a full blown Reach multiplayer. Not Halo at all, I also doubt shooting feels like Halo when there is ADS.

ADS that (from what I remember) doesn't seem to effect your movement speed, mind you. I think that will feel different, but closer to Halo than, say, CoD.

Halo 2 Anni @ VGX

edit: Thinking about this earlier, is Halo Anniversary any good playing in 3D mode? I completely forgot that it even had that feature, but I don't have a 3DTV.

IHaveIce

Banned
ADS that (from what I remember) doesn't seem to effect your movement speed, mind you. I think that will feel different, but closer to Halo than, say, CoD.

Halo 2 Anni @ VGX

edit: Thinking about this earlier, is Halo Anniversary any good playing in 3D mode? I completely forgot that it even had that feature, but I don't have a 3DTV.
oh didn't know that, no slow diwn with ADS is nice

Halo won't be at VGX. Halo is cake.
did they confirm this. Halo 4 all over again.

daedalius

So I went back and played quake live after a few rounds of battlefield.

I can safely say I really adhor the current state of shooters. Halo is literally my only hope.

FYC

Banned
So I went back and played quake live after a few rounds of battlefield.

I can safely say I really adhor the current state of shooters. Halo is literally my only hope.

Have you ever watched any FACEIT tourneys?

It's a shame the competitive scene isn't more active, but at least it's still got a decent following.

TheOddOne

I just saw this on Twitter and thought I'd repost here. I know several folks from HaloGAF have met Alison, and she sounds like an awesome person. Let's do what we can to help her and her family out.
This was her last update:

What happend? Did they find her?

FYC

Banned
This was her last update:

What happend? Did they find her?

Police located a body Tuesday afternoon while searching the unincorporated Libertyville area for Anne Stroll, 64, who was reported missing Dec. 2.

The body, which was found on the 32000 block of North Milwaukee Avenue, has not been identified. Lake County Sheriff's Office deputies and the Gurnee Police Department located the body at about 2 p.m. Tuesday.

"The incident remains under investigation," said Sgt. Sara Balmes, public information officer for the Lake County Sheriff's Office. "Further information will be released as it becomes available."

http://libertyville.patch.com/group...hile-searching-for-missing-libertyville-woman

Fuck.

I think it's a bad idea to go into Destiny thinking you're going to have a Halo-esque experience. There's a reason it isn't called Halo. If the features/mechanics provide satisfying gameplay within the contraints of they experience they are building then sign me up. If not, at least the scenery is nice.

this so much.

I'm not even going in expecting any hardcore competitive playlist. Still, I'm sure it'll more fun that Halo 4 was.

wwm0nkey

The more I read about Destiny MP Im thinking its going to be a weird shadowrun and quake hybrid. Which I am actually interested to try.

Also I kind of really like this
Pressing the jump button twice executes your focus' special movement (glide, double jump, teleport)

belushy

Banned
If Destiny MP is anything like Shadowrun (even with ADS) then I might actually buy it. Depends on how big the MP matches are, though. If normal "team slayer" is more than 4v4, then meh.

Sad to hear for Alison. Hoping her family can pull through this tragedy quickly.

wwm0nkey

I also like the 1 exotic armor and 1 exotic weapon rule, you will have to design high level build around 1 piece of armor so it should lead to a lot of interesting and unique builds.

Also ShadowRun like MP with a dash of on map power pick ups would lend itself well to Destiny since people will have different stats and I really hope thats what they are going for.

Just noticed this so throwing it out there for anyone who hasn't: Destiny redeem codes - This game is sounding pretty damn fun.

Titanfall + Destiny + Mario Kart = Awesome Spring. Now to wait for a Smash/Halo release window B] - 2014 is going to be a great year.

I'm sorry Alison. :( I'm hoping for the best for you and your family and for a quick recovery of this. :( Hope you guys find peace and happiness quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom