• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got done transposing Uphill, Both Ways (Multiplayer Madness Remix) into a MIDI format. What style should I remix it in? I was thinking of doing one using the Pokemon Black and White soundfonts but it didn't translate to them as well as I thought and it'd sound awful with chiptunes.

Jellycrackers / Menachite, if you're lurking, I can send you the MIDI, if you want.

Fuchsdh

Here's some random statistics for you:

HaloGAF threads have produced a total of 695,444 posts, not including this OT.

And TheOddOne is officially HaloGAF's threadkiller--aside from his ill-fated OT, cut down in its prime, he's been the last poster in 4 Halo |OT|s, more than any other member.

And TheOddOne is officially HaloGAF's threadkiller--aside from his ill-fated OT, cut down in its prime, he's been the last poster in 4 Halo |OT|s, more than any other member.

Don't forget my track record. For whatever reason, the HaloGAF gods look upon the subzurruh / oddone combination as the most lethal thing ever to grace this godforsaken community.

Its going to hurt forever. 343 has a "vision" for Halo and real Halo is not it.

Nah I think it was Josh, around release time, who said they wanted to give their vision some solid months so it had a real go. The last 6-9 months we've seen a major change in tack to that original vision. I've said it before, given the splintering of Reach it was a good studio decision to unify the launch game, it was just too weighted to the Infinity style IMO. Truth be told many are asking for a "core game experience" and subjectiveness aside they did at least stick to a core experience philosophy at launch, I respect that for better or worse.

All the comments/hires from Frankie, Josh, Brad, Quinn, Bravo etc point to shifts in that original launch vision. I don't think we need to beat that horse any more. Also I'm almost ready to confirm ranked vs. social at this point TBH.

Fuchsdh

Don't forget my track record. For whatever reason, the HaloGAF gods look upon the subzurruh / oddone combination as the most lethal thing ever to grace this godforsaken community.

You first became a top 12 poster in |OT14| (right behind OddOne) and have been in the top 6 every OT since save 17 (where you don't appear in the top 12 at all.)

Randomness!

You first became a top 12 poster in |OT14| (right behind OddOne) and have been in the top 6 every OT since save 17 (where you don't appear in the top 12 at all.)

Randomness!

I was banned during OT17's run. :lol

EDIT: On the subject of OT17, what the hell ever happened to Major Williams, Conor's midlife-crisis future self?

image.php

Nah I think it was Josh, around release time, who said they wanted to give their vision some solid months so it had a real go. The last 6-9 months we've seen a major change in tack to that original vision. I've said it before, given the splintering of Reach it was a good studio decision to unify the launch game, it was just too weighted to the Infinity style IMO. Truth be told many are asking for a "core game experience" and subjectiveness aside they did at least stick to a core experience philosophy at launch, I respect that for better or worse.

All the comments/hires from Frankie, Josh, Brad, Quinn, Bravo etc point to shifts in that original launch vision. I don't think we need to beat that horse any more. Also I'm almost ready to confirm ranked vs. social at this point TBH.

at least they can count on some still blindly following them.

ElRenoRaven

Haven't seen anything about it. but since they scrapped it, there probably isn't anything to show at this point. But I agree. it would be interesting to see the "Traditional Halo" they scrapped.

That would be my guess. I'd actually love to see though where the franchise could have went. It would be interesting as hell.

At least half of those were mine and the other half Wahrer's.

;)

Fuchsdh

At least half of those were mine and the other half Wahrer's.

;)

Surprisingly the top 12 posters are a smaller share of an OT than I thought--no more than 40%, usually closer to 30%. In the runup to Halo 4 the top posters were contributing less than 20%, and less the closer to launch.

Also, missed a couple of threads in my formula, so the actual gross number is closer to 702,570 (not including the HaloGAF radio thread and the two GAF montages.)

Excluding the massive pre-20K post limit H3 thread, the average Halo thread stays active for roughly 113 days. The fastest we've blown through a full OT was 19 days.

Ghazi

I had a friend preach me to me about how Reach was the best thing ever, today, and how they hated Halo 3 (they tried it during its Games with Gold run). I, of course, proceeded to publicly humiliate them (in front of people who probably don't know what Halo is) and am angry. Someone's getting coal in their stocking.

They tried arguing with me that Halo Reach didn't have any elements of CoD and bashed H3 for not having sprint. What is wrong with kids these days?

Nowise10

I had a friend preach me to me about how Reach was the best thing ever, today, and how they hated Halo 3 (they tried it during its Games with Gold run). I, of course, proceeded to publicly humiliate them (in front of people who probably don't know what Halo is) and am angry. Someone's getting coal in their stocking.

They tried arguing with me that Halo Reach didn't have any elements of CoD and bashed H3 for not having sprint. What is wrong with kids these days?

dear god

lmao!

Surprisingly the top 12 posters are a smaller share of an OT than I thought--no more than 40%, usually closer to 30%. In the runup to Halo 4 the top posters were contributing less than 20%, and less the closer to launch.

Also, missed a couple of threads in my formula, so the actual gross number is closer to 702,570 (not including the HaloGAF radio thread and the two GAF montages.)

Excluding the massive pre-20K post limit H3 thread, the average Halo thread stays active for roughly 113 days. The fastest we've blown through a full OT was 19 days.

Which OT was blown through in 19 days?

Ataxia

But what about me?!

Hue.

Ramirez

Dude...dude.

Randomness!

At least we now know when HaloGAF officially started its death march.

Hey guys! Remember me? The guy who loves Halo and occasionally comes in here to share music (often Halo inspired or related) with you all? Well I'm at it again. I just published another album. This time of the sci-fi horror genre. 10 tracks for free! You all can check it out here. :)

Now to fit in - Halo sucks!

Fuchsdh

Hey guys! Remember me? The guy who loves Halo and occasionally comes in here to share music (often Halo inspired or related) with you all? Well I'm at it again. I just published another album. This time of the sci-fi horror genre. 10 tracks for free! You all can check it out here. :)

Sounds cool, thanks for the link.

How does Pokemon still sound that bad?

Which OT was blown through in 19 days?

|OT| 10 lasted from 10/5/12 to 10/23/12, so actually 18 days roughly.

Average thread duration is about 133.6 days, excluding the Halo 3 megathread.

Ghazi

Exaggerated it a little, they know what Halo is, they just aren't very into it. They think Halo 4 was the second coming of the messiah.

Liked what you have last time, I've only listened to Ghosts and Adrift so far, but I feel like you really nailed the atmosphere in it.
You made a remix of a remix, and you used Pokemon samples for it? That's certainly a unique way to approach it. Whatever you used to replace the snare from the original song made me giggle, it wasn't recognizable at all. But I enjoyed it.

e: didn't notice the description of the song at first, I think you did well with what you had, if that makes you feel any better.

Excuse me for saying this, I know people have their opinions, but your friends are f*cking stupid and those who say Halo needs ADS.

Hyperbole in there.

How does Pokemon still sound that bad?

Those samples are a generation behind. Gen 6 (current gen for pokemans) is literally just big budget sound samples (a lot of the stuff I own, marty's used in the past, etc.) but compressed for 3DS, which is why I haven't done any de-makes with "modern" Pokemon samples.

The games sound like this now.

You made a remix of a remix, and you used Pokemon samples for it? That's certainly a unique way to approach it. Whatever you used to replace the snare from the original song made me giggle, it wasn't recognizable at all. But I enjoyed it.

e: didn't notice the description of the song at first, I think you did well with what you had, if that makes you feel any better.

It's a hyper-compressed Pork Pie snare. I'll probably do a more traditional remake of Uphill, Both Ways now that I have the raw data for it - the fact that the original's distorted and drowned-out as all hell means it didn't transfer that well to such clean-cut synths. Some of the stuff people do with the old Pokemon soundfonts are downright ridiculous, though.

aj1467

I just got done transposing Uphill, Both Ways (Multiplayer Madness Remix) into a MIDI format. What style should I remix it in? I was thinking of doing one using the Pokemon Black and White soundfonts but it didn't translate to them as well as I thought and it'd sound awful with chiptunes.

Jellycrackers / Menachite, if you're lurking, I can send you the MIDI, if you want.

pls

Mix

What? Are you talking to me when you say that? I don't write music. I write stories and scripts and direct films, I don't do music. I have a composer for that, actually. He's a pretty good guy and he's getting better with every piece he puts out.

What? Are you talking to me when you say that? I don't write music. I write stories and scripts and direct films, I don't do music. I have a composer for that, actually. He's a pretty good guy and he's getting better with every piece he puts out.

i'm handle dyslexic. i meant jellycrackers.

Yeah, what? I'm not into comics at all and that just looks not... modern.

Yeah - it looks cartoony, and definitely not serious comic-y. Couple pages (1, 2) from the first issue of the recent Game of Thrones comic series for comparison. Not necessarily the best comic art/design, but far and above that stuff.

Yeah - it looks cartoony, and definitely not serious comic-y. Couple pages (1, 2) from the first issue of the recent Game of Thrones comic series for comparison. Not necessarily the best comic art/design, but far and above that stuff.

Dang, that's pretty stark. Seriously, what the fuck is happening in the fourth panel? I see a sword, a wonky hand, and a bunch of half-assed bullshit. I expect more from a professional. #hiredaedalilililius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom