• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Wonder if someone could mod the film grain out of Reach as well.

I honestly dont remember since its been forever since i digged around in reach however im pretty sure it would just be a value or "noise" you could disable it most likely and probably with relative ease

One crate from Halo 3 has more color than the entire Forge Palette.

also dat snow

Long live avalanche.

2863554036_1_9_HN3w7hsf.jpg

Tawpgun

Well, nuts. You guys got me rummaging through my hosted Halo 3 pics. You have no one but yourselves to blame.

J4.jpg

WTF2-TheRevenge.jpg

53873990-Full.jpg

Remember picture stories? Clips are great but sometimes the pictures are more entertaining. I still remember this one. I think we were racing to bag the winning cap.

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

One of the things I'm most looking forward to with Halo 4 is HOPEFULLY the revival of good BTB.

Damn that gave me nostalgia. I want to play good BTB so bad...

Redford

aka Cabbie
"OMG I have an opportunity to exercise domination power-tripping fantasy BOOT BOOT BOOT!!!1!"

Well, at least the game gave me a reason to stop playing it and do useful shit today.

Halo: The Thursday War picks up immediately where Halo: Glasslands left off, with forces on Earth and among the Covenant threatening a peace that is precarious at best. With a splinter group among the Sangheili pushing for war, some human colonies rebel against earth authority; and as ONI policy continues to shift with the volatile situation in space, the discovery of a trove of Forerunner technology on Onyx provokes leaders on Earth to seek uses for it in the conflict. For the fight is far from over….
Remember PAX Prime? When I quoted Montesquieu? Remember Post Glassland, when I said that Humantiy will misuse the Forerunner tech? People laughed at me, saying that wasn't in the book! Now what's there!

"But constant experience shows us that every man invested with power is apt to abuse it, and to carry his authority as far as it will go."

I got one of Snowbound:

http://i.minus.com/iN3qEpywJ3LvJ.jpgIMG]
[url]http://i.minus.com/ibeLCDi7xr3ndY.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Lol, and yet strangely impressive in regards to the scale.

[quote="bobs99 ..., post: 36095142"]Can I snowboard down it!??

Avalanche was a pretty great map, I hope a Sidewinder/ Avalanche style map comes with Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

Halo wars in 40 mins?

And no, you can't snowboard on it. :P

Remember PAX Prime? When I quoted Montesquieu? Remember Post Glassland, when I said that Humantiy will misuse the Forerunner tech? People laughed at me, saying that wasn't in the book! Now what's there!

"But constant experience shows us that every man invested with power is apt to abuse it, and to carry his authority as far as it will go."

I'm not going to lie, I'd love a side-comic similar to the ARG stuff for Halo 3 (which involved the ancient African tribesman watching "the gods build their machines") that involved a Spielberg-ian sort of group of kids/teens/adults/etc contemplating the mysteries of the Covenant, Elites, UNSC, ONI, etc. only to stumble upon some old Forerunner structure.

You want in on halo wars? Alright than but first I'm gonna play some BF3 right now.

Fo sho.

I just have to fix some apparent issues with my NAT or something. I get a message that there are network difficulties...

EDIT: I get the network difficulties when I'm searching with the oddone, but when I'm searching by myself, I can find matches just fine...

Havok

<3 Avalanche. I always enjoyed how games went down on that map
once we got control of the Laser.
Avalanche is one of those cases where the map was so close to being perfect, and almost everything about it could have been fixed through Forge. Move overshields and snipers away from the center hall, delete the laser, map has been improved tenfold. It's definitely up there with Midship 2.0, The Pit, and Citadel in the race for best Halo 3 map.

fuck valhalla

Put images in quote brackets and the forum will auto-resize them to fit the frame. Handy trick :)

CyReN

Not to purposely beat a dead horse but the colors and atmosphere are amazing from all these pictures in Halo 3, not a huge fan of the dirty and rugged of Reach (yes I know it's suppose to be depressing).

26 playlist limit. We were at 26 before. They announced that TU Beta would be coming back eventually.

So, instead of removing most of the lowly populated Anniversary lists, they kill a successful Main Reach playlist (25), kill Anniversary Squad (24), put Super Slayer back in it's place (25), and have left the 26th slot for the upcoming return of TU Beta.

Shit, I take that back. We essentially have three team slayers now - Slayer, Super Slayer, and ZB Slayer. If anything, they should just sprinkle ZB gametypes into the other lists and remove ZB Slayer as it's own playlist.

Anni BTB / BTB - only difference is ONE gametype and the map selection. Both are TU.

Rumble Pit / Anniversary FFA - only difference is map selection and one gametype. We don't even have Rockets FFA on Prisoner. Both are TU.

Team Slayer / Super Slayer / ZB Slayer - the 4v4 Slayer population is now split between 3 playlists. Hooray? Team Slayer is one of two Vanilla playlists left. Most ZBers are probably in MLG.

FF Arcade / FF Anniversary - Map selection. Why is this list still here? Not even Bungie ran an Unearthed-only list for this long. If anything, Firefight Doubles should have become the Anniversary list, since it matches Halo Anniversary being two player max for co-op.

I keep forgetting that. Four 4v4 Team Slayer playlists. Not even Halo 3 at it's height had that many. Then if you count Slayer-only experiences, through Team Snipers on that pile too for more 4v4 Slayer.
Don't take out my zb. Why not arenafy all playlists? Combine super and team slayer. Bring back squad. Remove infection, grifball and place them as rotating weekend games with race and any other playlist. Combine all anniversary gametypes with regular gametypes (not sure if doable)

avalanche sucked. walk around for a minute trying to find anyone. die or live, walk around another minute trying to find someone.

overabundance of crap ass overpowered vehicles.

So let me get this straight:

Karen Traviss Book #2 (The Thursday War)
Halo 4
Greg Bear Book #3 (Dongblainium)
Karen Traviss Book #3 (Are You There Spark? It's Me, Margaret Parangosky.)

And then Halo 5, but who knows what else will release between now and then.

I wonder how the books will line up with Halo 4's timeline; i.e. will Traviss Book #3 start right after the game? Before the game? During?

Hell, Thursday War could actually overlap the start of Halo 4... the possibilities are exciting.

Kuroyume

Banned
Avalanche and the Pit are the only two things worth salvaging from H3 for any future Halo title.

There was a brief period after the Avalanche map pack launched where you could jump into its playlist and get Assault/CTF on Avalanche frequently. That was the best. I actually had fun with the game. As usual Bungie then ruined it and got rid of the playlist, added Avlanche to regular BTB alongside shit like Valhalla and Last Resort, and also introduced Heavies... Yay.

Btw, the middle part didn't bother me at all.

People like Avalanche now? It was so terrible with the Halo 3 BR. Couldn't hit shit.

Never liked it either unless it was Snipers. Even then, it was only decent, nothing great. Took too long to even find enemies unless you were in the middle where it was a grenade peek a boo shitfest.

Top Bottom