• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I wish I could be watching the SC2 parts too. I'm sure that's gonna be sick!

Rooting for Dynasty and Lxthul at this LAN.

CyReN

Cancel Columbus.

frank_exit.gif

---

I tweeted if MLG actually brings up these Halo lans I'll donate $10 to Childsplay. Let's see if they will.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I like how people think Bungie was the first developer to have a console FPS. Did Goldeneye and Perfect Dark just never happen in these people's reality?

I have never met an IRL person who thinks that. And I have occasionally had to point out to journos that Goldeneye actually supported dual analog sticks.

Trey

I have a feeling some that some folks that didn't like Glasslands might like TTW better.

Give me Separatists!

I hope so. Glasslands was such a let down after GoO set up the universe so well and KT's short story in Evolutions was so good.

Somebody please explain to me how ODST's Firefight is so much better than Reach's? Beyond the maps and infinite time.

Hey You

Man, I don't know where the hell Avalanche was for me in Matchmaking. I think I only got it once or twice. I've only played it a handful of times, and mostly in customs.

It was so easy to cap flags in BTB CTF & Team Flag Double xp weekends. While everyone played Team snipes in the middle area,Go to enemies teleporter, clear out base, walk to teleporter and cap flag.

It really seems like a weird business decision to launch Halo 4 in the same month as COD. There is customer overlap (obviously).

No kidding Acti & MS are lovers and wouldn't surprise me if they renewed the "DLC first" deal through to next gen.[/B]

Hey You

Well, he may not be behind it, but Cyren, you done goofed. Better change your passwords.

Yeah, I hope he didn't actually put his WLID details into the site. If he did and uses the same password everywhere, well then I don't know what to say.

Best I could do was to ask the Xbox Support Fleet on twitter to pass that along to the WLID team. Maybe Frankie or Ellis could shoot off an email or something?

Edit: But what's interesting is it appears it actually uses MS's security system (see the Microsoft Corporation button beside the navbar), so I don't know if he breached it somehow or what.

FyreWulff

I have never met an IRL person who thinks that. And I have occasionally had to point out to journos that Goldeneye actually supported dual analog sticks.

You don't know how many times I've facepalmed when reading a review for Goldeneye Reloaded or PD XBLA where they go on about how the games now have dual analog. It's not even like they came out that long ago! Where do they think the "Legacy" scheme in Halo comes from?

zap

So with Halo: The Thursday War (not sold on the name, but whatever) coming out on October 2nd, Late October/November launch for Halo 4 is on the money, right?

I've been pointing out - literally - since the day Firefight Doubles went live that the 20 minute time limit carried over from Arcade needs to be lifted to 30 minutes in doubles, because it takes two players longer to kill guys than it does four players.
Absolutely agreed. That and remove the time limit entirely from Firefight Limited or just give us a classic ODST Firefight Unlimited option. (Forgive me if its already there somewhere and I just missed it.)

I got some great doubles games in last night on Firefight Thursday. But trying to get the Bulletproof challenge was pretty tough since we were working against the clock more then we were trying to stay alive, and that was only on gametypes that had three rounds or more. Never did manage it, but it was a fun night all the same.

One great bit about last night was that I got to try the Installation 04 map for the first time. Its a damn shame that we only got one new firefight map with Halo Anniversary because Installation 04 is pretty amazing. A team of ODSTs to fight with? Hell yes! And tuning forks dropping off covenant? Even better. ATV and a Chaingun warthog? Fuckin' A. And to top it all off - covenant troops taking a man-cannon to assault the tower? OMFG.

*swoon*

This is how you do it, not to mention the nostalgia overload and dissonance I felt playing Reach in Installation 04 of all places. So damn good. I want more.

The amount of times that you had to mention "on console" in your OP and then people still mention how Halo/Bungie fans ignore PC innovation is sad. You should go back into your OP and bold all the "on console" parts.

That thread is fecal.

I'm late seeing this but I'm definitely going to do that now haha.

Fuchsdh

I like how people think Bungie was the first developer to have a console FPS. Did Goldeneye and Perfect Dark just never happen in these people's reality?

People forget about Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (came out a few months before GoldenEye, and saved Acclaim's bacon at the time. Probably forgotten in gaming history because GoldenEye had splitscreen.)

TheOddOne

People forget about Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (came out a few months before GoldenEye, and saved Acclaim's bacon at the time. Probably forgotten in gaming history because GoldenEye had splitscreen.)
That game was awesome. I remember playing a port of it on the PC, freaking terrible. Bought a N64 after that and just bought it on that, no regrets.

Top Bottom