• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Computron

I think Halo's later campaigns proved how it's preferable not to have boss battles. I'd rather have epic, unfolding battles--you push forward, they fall back, etc.

Boss battles are pretty much dependent on "I am Big Bad staying pretty still so the player can shoot me at various times". It just doesn't fit as organically to story progression in my mind. Can you make it work? Sure. But it's a spice that's best used sparingly.

Boss fight Idea:

Chief and a squad of allies advance through a large squad linearly in progressively harder stages. A little bit like the Ring hall in Halo 3 where arbriter 'silences' the prophet. In every stage there is one bigger boss character who falls back to the next stage as his troops are killed. You can kill the boss character at any stage if you are skilled enough, and his troops will react accordingly (like grunts do when their elite dies). if, on the other hand, your allies all die and it becomes impossible to advance, you do a one on one fight with the boss character inside a ring like the brute boss in Halo 3.

But the crux of this will be the epic music an pacing set by our mystery, non-Marty composer.

Or chief can crawl into a vent, silently use his non lethal dart gun to remove the guards, drag their bodies back into the vents, disable the cameras and hack the computer that enables the nerve gass in the boss hall. If he has enough praxis kits, obviously.

I found a spanish web which lets you create your own shirts, hoodies online and you can order them too.

This is how it should look, I used the web editor. I have ordered shirts from this web and they've delivered a quality product.

I'll order mine once I'm done tweaking the monitor designs.

sudadera.jpg

Hey You

Would 343 be okay with that? Are they not exclusive for a reason?

I don't know, I'm just asking?

Yeah, I would have thought they don't want people running around pretending to be 343? Especially at Gaming events and such.

I don't remember Bungie handing out hoodies with the Bungie name on them?

Would 343 be okay with that? Are they not exclusive for a reason?

I don't know, I'm just asking?

Dunno, if only some 343 folks posted here :/

Yeah, I would have thought they don't want people running around pretending to be 343? Especially at Gaming events and such.

I don't remember Bungie handing out hoodies with the Bungie name on them?

The design won't be shared in the web so it's not like people will freely order them from the internet.

Some official words would be cool though.
C&D on it's way... LOL

I say the monitor design is fine, it's the 343 logo that wouldn't be cool to print.

If the logo is a problem I'll probably use BELI343 instead.

Karl2177

Hey Frank/Ellis: could you pass on to the web devs a suggestion? Throw in a detect browser, and if the source is the waypoint app to not include the ad for the waypoint app.

FyreWulff

Hey Frank/Ellis: could you pass on to the web devs a suggestion? Throw in a detect browser, and if the source is the waypoint app to not include the ad for the waypoint app.

Also: for the love of god, please make the visited link color not the same color as the post background color..

zap

I really don't want to make the move to waypoint from bungie.net. The waypoint website is just too buggy and cluttered imo :/

Homeboyd

Wonder if Jessica was/is able to get some new screenshots of the new maps for the bulletin. I know it's not until tomorrow.

Slow day today

I really don't want to make the move to waypoint from bungie.net. The waypoint website is just too buggy and cluttered imo :/

With a fresh start im hoping Halo 4 stats tracking will be as good as Bnet, in a way I dont see myself caring enough about Reach stats to ever use Waypoint, but yeah it is a mess. Not only in terms of stats, but also just ease of use.

I really dislike having to be logged in to view stats. A player search should be implimented. (It probably already exists right?)

I'm gonna give DE another shot. I might even start over since it's been since October or November since I played it last. I did enjoy the exploration part of the game.

GhaleonEB

I'm gonna give DE another shot. I might even start over since it's been since October or November since I played it last. I did enjoy the exploration part of the game.

The boss fights are a brick wall, but there is some truly brilliant mission design work later in the game. It took me a while to get into, and I raged about the bosses, but the game really makes it up to you.

Good choice! The game and the art really become better the more you progres. And I thought the story became pretty cool the more you progresses. Really toutched some interesting points on the consequences of technological developments. I even used some of the games scenarios in my essay for school :lol
still have to get the mark...

Ramirez

I keep hearing how awesome this series is, but I've never played any Metroid. How bad should I feel about myself, and which one(s) should I play?

I'm late on this, but playing the Prime trilogy should be priority number 1. I played Super Metroid after the Prime games and didn't find it to be as amazing as everyone made it out to be. I liked Zero Mission on GBA the best out of the 2D games.

Kiddy Effect 3

u jelly

Part 2 will drive you insane. I don't think it's half the film the original is, because of narrative sloppiness.

I did a similar Godfather watch a couple years ago.

Just watched Godfather 2, you were right about the narrative Ghal, it is far weaker than the first. However, I did not find the the timescale jump arounds to be that annoying/ confusing this time. I guess part of the reason was that they where jet setting around the place, so your mind kind of 'assumes' a set arbitrary period has passed anyway.

I'm not sure what the relevance was in showing Vito's upbringing, wasn't the biggest fan of that part of the movie, although it served as an interesting comparison between the new don's Vito and Michael, and how ruthless they were in the early part of their lives.

Acting, was superb as usual and you can really feel the tension/love in the family.

I think my favourite line was this:

"I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies."

Good, but not excellent, godfather 3 tomorrow!

P.s. ZalinKrow, you big meanie.

Please, no Halo 2 style boss fights in a Halo game ever again. Boss fights can really ruin a game for me, as Deux Ex: HR did so spectacularly. Haven't picked it back up since that first boss. :-\
I thought I was the only one! I played the game all the way up to the first boss, and after dying twice, I turned the game off and didn't touch it again. I couldn't even find the urge to lower the difficulty.

Gave the game away.

Awesome. That picture is also not a bad candidate for the Ellis/Frankie treatment.

NBA-GAF on timeout.
It was really more of a suspension brought on by too many technicals.

On boss battles: if they are packaged as something other than an end boss then I can dig them. Something like having occasional run-ins with that one elite over the course of Reach's campaign and then having some sort of moment within a greater mission where you finally get to deal with him. Same thing with a Scarab really.

I don't want a character like that to be given some kind of special treatment mechanically, but it would be cool to see "unique" enemies with their own story (if you're willing to look for it) woven into the campaign a little bit more.

The boss fights are a brick wall, but there is some truly brilliant mission design work later in the game. It took me a while to get into, and I raged about the bosses, but the game really makes it up to you.
Cool, thanks for the words of encouragement, guys. It might also help that I won't be loaded up on post-surgery pain meds too. :p

I'm late on this, but playing the Prime trilogy should be priority number 1. I played Super Metroid after the Prime games and didn't find it to be as amazing as everyone made it out to be. I liked Zero Mission on GBA the best out of the 2D games.u jelly
I know I need to get a real controller for the Wii, do I need anything else to play these games? I'm GameCube ignorant.

Top Bottom