• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Havok

Hey Reach, if everybody's grenades are taking a full second to come out, maybe pick a host that doesn't live in Peru.

That'd be great, thanks.

Kuroyume

Banned
Why would you put a server farm in Hawaii if there's one in California. Even if Hawaii isn't as close as it looks on the map it's still an odd choice because it's not close to much of anything.

The northeast should get a farm. NYC preferably.

Overdoziz

Banned
Haha, my god.

We wanted something balanced and tuned for competitive play, and something that supports Halo in its purest form: aiming, running, shooting, and jumping.
No.

Starting on Friday and ending on Sunday, hopping into Team Objective and Super Slayer will present you with the chance of receiving a 20,000 credit bonus.
No.

Kibbles

Last Friday, amidst four different types of pretzels and five different varieties of mustards, we gathered around the big screen to watch one of our designers play through a Halo 4 Campaign mission. With the hectic schedules everybody has been keeping, this was the first time many of us saw the sequence in an almost final state. Yes, it’s still a work-in-progress, but to see several near-finished game components form a single, cohesive experience was an exciting moment for us as a studio.

You’ll be hearing more about that mission very soon.
Hearing? No, I want to see.

zap

It'll be interesting to see how the Super Jackpot affects Objective's population.

I'll be glad of the bump in population, but I still want it back to 4v4. I also am very unhappy about Super Slayer being a carbon copy of Team Slayer.

Please 343i, give us Squad Slayer back :(

Havok

I'll be glad of the bump in population, but I still want it back to 4v4.
Agreed. 10 players with 2 grenades and a DMR each break most of the maps. Asylum is a complete disaster now for Flag and especially Bomb...well, more of a disaster than it was.

Hopefully we can toggle the recoil on the BR in custom games.

i very much doubt thats ever going to happen. Unless they implement some kind of Weapon Stat editor which could create a whole host of problems and would end up making its way into matchmaking and then the playlists would get disorganized and lack uniformity again resulting in people getting mad which means Halo 5 would have to be ground breaking forcing microsoft to invest billions into it running their cash dry, cash that otherwise would of been used to fund private space flights, one of which the astronauts would encounter a alien race who could cure death and desire, however since they made Halo 5(the worlds first AAAAAAAAAAAAA game) we never found the cure to death, instead what happens is the game is so good all natural resources get destroyed in an effort to keep xbox's playing the game and humanity fades into blackness.

IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!

Fuchsdh

I'll be glad of the bump in population, but I still want it back to 4v4. I also am very unhappy about Super Slayer being a carbon copy of Team Slayer.

Please 343i, give us Squad Slayer back :(

Oh, they bumped it to 5v5? :(

Objective gametypes really need fewer people because it forces you to be a bit more strategic and means you are far less likely to get constantly cut down as soon as you touch the objective.

image.axd

What is this?

People who play Arena aren't very good, it seems

Also, while playing, my team and I played against of 4 guys, and we won 50-9. They all left, then we got matched with the same team in the next game and won 50-14. They left a second time, and we got matched with them a third time and won 50-14. And each time one of their guys sent us an obscene message

I don't think sprint is a bad thing if everyone can do it. Obviously a Halo 2 base speed w/o sprint is ideal but that isn't likely to happen.

People who play Arena aren't very good, it seems

Also, while playing, my team and I played against of 4 guys, and we won 50-9. They all left, then we got matched with the same team in the next game and won 50-14. They left a second time, and we got matched with them a third time and won 50-14. And each time one of their guys sent us an obscene message
Depends what rank you are

While I do agree that sprinting isn't "pure Halo," it does beg the following question: Can additions in Halo games become part of what makes for "pure Halo" or is it set in stone?

Good additions like vehicle hijacking can become a core part of Halo. Bad additions like AA's should be discarded.

Sadly Sprint wasnt discarded. :(

I did love the Update, one of the sentences about feeling like a Hero felt like a direct dig at Reach. I know it wasnt, but im glad it seems as though the mindset is to allow individuals to perform again.

Retro

Halo 4: Now with even more people running away from death.

Halo 4 needs an AA that allows you to set a teleport point you can return to instantly when activated a second time. Imagine charging someone down with an AR and 'nade spam only to teleport behind them and run into your own grenade? You could even Yoink yourself!

One could go -20 in a single match in style.

Top Bottom