• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fuchsdh

mc_popcorn.png

Who did that, anyway? I just want a less sketchy version...

Ken

Who did that, anyway? I just want a less sketchy version...

I did it on paper, took a picture of it, and colored it in Photoshop. I didn't have access to my tablet at the time, which is why it's so sketchy. I'll come up with a cleaner one soon (?).

Fuchsdh

I did it on paper, took a picture of it, and colored it in Photoshop. I didn't have access to my tablet at the time, which is why it's so sketchy. I'll come up with a cleaner one soon (?).

Cool. One must always strive for the very best in forum-specific imagery :)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Good. If you saw me play, it would make you question the value of your own life.

:0

Haha that's it for me tonight, gotta get up in 6 hours. Gotta love pre-spring break crunch time.

edit: Computron, what program are you using? That's a sweet render, btw.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Got that Wraparound concept art up as my desktop now. Purty clouds.

I really dig the new bulletin. It delivers its promise: I'm more excited to try out Wraparound now. The artworks are amazing. The little teases are great too. Damn. It definitely sounds that we will get a media blowout next month.

I leave for my flight in 3 hours. Super excited :)

Anyone got any ideas for what I can film for my youtube channel while I'm there?
Have fun! If I lived in the US, I'd try to go to a MLG event.

They could make sprint less obnoxious in Halo 4 by disabling it when getting shot.

i very much doubt thats ever going to happen. Unless they implement some kind of Weapon Stat editor which could create a whole host of problems and would end up making its way into matchmaking and then the playlists would get disorganized and lack uniformity again

That was sort of the joke. I remember in the build up to Reach a great swath of the community was begging for a no bloom toggle - they were ignored. A year later and it takes the time and money of a title update to implement something that should have been there in the first place. Frankie's comment on the subtlety of the BR recoil has somewhat assuaged my concerns; I just don't want us to be in a situation down the road where some of us ponder how much less the game would suck if we could shoot our BR's straight consistently.

Currently I'm in the against sprint camp, but the FPSs I'm a fan of, generally don't have it.
Generally they just have a higher base movement speed, a good middle-ground, and a longer spawn-to-death time.

I realise it's probably a reality for H4, but oh well. Maybe I'll be convinced by 343.
Hope H4 is great. Would be real nice if it is.

Bulletin talks about map

No pics of said map

*sigh*

Hopefully they show more about Warhouse next bulletin, some concept art... anything.

Edit: Wraparound is a retarded name, Scrimshaw is ten million times better and I know how to say it without looking stupid.

Bulletin talks about map

No pics of said map

*sigh*

Hopefully they show more about Warhouse next bulletin, some concept art... anything.

Edit: Wraparound is a retarded name, Scrimshaw is ten million times better and I know how to say it without looking stupid.

We learned that they celebrated Pretzel Day last Friday.

Apparently we are going to hear about a campaign mission very soon..? PAX?

EDIT:
Did you guys see this? X360 magazine states that Forerunners are the evil new threat in H4.
More to come in next issue, April 18.

kylej

Banned
Aren't you from HBO?

gross. So that's why that kid doesn't like MLG and has some false pretenses of morality.

Note to HBO kids: if you want to talk about poorly written Halo books and the thought of Unlimited Slayer™ bothers you, and you dream about the golden trifecta of AR balancing while stroking your 8 Legendary copies of Reach, stay in that weird forum. Thank you in advance.

We learned that they celebrated Pretzel Day last Friday.

Apparently we are going to hear about a campaign mission very soon..? PAX?

EDIT:
Did you guys see this? X360 magazine states that Forerunners are the evil new threat in H4.
More to come in next issue, April 18.
I hope that they will not be the enemy of the Reclaimer trilogy. Especially since some parts of Cryptum and Primordium gave me a completely different aspect of the relationship between Humans and Forerunner.
Bulletin talks about map

No pics of said map

*sigh*

They gave us a new concept art and the high-res version. Otherwise it sounds like that media blowout is very soon.

Currently I'm in the against sprint camp, but the FPSs I'm a fan of, generally don't have it.
Generally they just have a higher base movement speed, a good middle-ground, and a longer spawn-to-death time.

I realise it's probably a reality for H4, but oh well. Maybe I'll be convinced by 343.
Hope H4 is great. Would be real nice if it is.
AA are bad. Every one of them. But I think they are bad because Bungie/343i forget to adjust weapon/maps. Jetpack breaks nearly every map. Sprint + Sword is an awful combination etc. But if weapons and maps get adjusted to these things, I think it can work. Not fine or good. Just work. If I had the choice, I'd say no to AA or Sprint in general.

gross. So that's why that kid doesn't like MLG and has some false pretenses of morality.

Note to HBO kids: if you want to talk about poorly written Halo books and the thought of Unlimited Slayer™ bothers you, and you dream about the golden trifecta of AR balancing while stroking your 8 Legendary copies of Reach, stay in that weird forum. Thank you in advance.
But... But... I like the fiction. :(

Fuchsdh

Morality? What are you smoking that you get so enraged by three letters?

Tawpgun

I hope that they will not be the enemy of the Reclaimer trilogy. Especially since some parts of Cryptum and Primordium gave me a completely different aspect of the relationship between Humans and Forerunner.

Well they are ancient enemies. The first Human-Forerunner war was because the Humans were getting too powerful, expanding too much, didn't follow the Forerunners Mantle.

Think about a scenario where the planet Chief is heading toward was a shield world. He activates it and boom. The long lost forerunners are back and they want their place at the head of Galaxy back. But even, then it makes us seem like the bad guys.

I wonder how they could make the forerunners have an "evil" or at least morally ambiguous motive.

GhaleonEB

What as it then? That's how I interpreted it unless I'm forgetting something.

That was also what I got out of Cryptum on the topic.

I look forward to the Thursday Firefight Challenges weekly, but:

Kill 10 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

Kill 150 enemies on Waterfront in Firefight Matchmaking.​
No.

I think that was part of it, but wasn't it also to do with Humanity on the run from the Flood and started taking over Forerunner & Forerunner protected worlds? That the tensions that Tunavi mentioned after the Flood became too big of a threat for Humanity to handle without spreading out into Forerunner controlled territory?

GhaleonEB

I think that was part of it, but wasn't it also to do with Humanity on the run from the Flood and started taking over Forerunner & Forerunner protected worlds? That the tensions that Tunavi mentioned after the Flood became too big of a threat for Humanity to handle without spreading out into Forerunner controlled territory?

That's what I thought he meant by "expanding too much" - fleeing into Forerunner territory.

The Forerunners would certainly be an interesting enemy to fight but as stated, there should be a good motive for why they want to fight us.

I haven't read primordium yet so maybe that book gives a reason why forerunners would hate the chief.

Your mom.

Kidding, she's a lovely lady but she gave birth to a savage ragamuffin.
My coffee mug became the neti pot I never asked for.

I look forward to the Thursday Firefight Challenges weekly, but:

Kill 10 enemy vehicles in Firefight Matchmaking.

Kill 150 enemies on Waterfront in Firefight Matchmaking.​
No.
When was the last time you played that map? Not saying it's gotten better or anything, but it's fun every once in a while if you move around the outer rim of the map (especially playing hide and seek with the last enemy). But the combo of Waterfront and the vehicles challenge is shitastic.

daedalius

Fighting a massively crazed Master Builder with tons of War Sphinx's and other Forerunner tech at his disposal could be interesting.

If it is him, he has been locked in wherever MC is going for a LONG time.

Easy.

Master Builder: "Hey, you're the guy that blew up one of my Halos, right?"
Chief: "Two of them. And the Ark."
Master Builder: "Fantastic. Well those things go for about 8 billion Space Allards apiece. So just give me cash or a money order and we'll be good, bro."
Chief: "Not my fault you didn't have insurance."

Game has a cliffhanger ending where Chief gets served a summons to The People's Court.

Tawpgun

Easy.

Master Builder: "Fantastic. Well those things go for about 8 billion Space Allards apiece. So just give me cash or a money order and we'll be good, bro."

Game has a cliffhanger ending where Chief gets served a summons to The People's Court.

Chief, mind telling me what you're doing?

Sir, closing this case.

My favorite AA will be the one where I can spam OBJECTION! Might be a little OP though.

Logs into SSX for first time in 1 week.

*Tawpgun has collected 1 of your geotags*

You bastard!
tumblr_lvi319YOIH1qzjix8.gif

Tunavi

Banned
Easy.

forerunners got fifa'd

heckfu

Banned
Easy.

Wow the exchange rate of space allards has really been hit by the economy.

Top Bottom