• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fracas

#fuckonami
The more I think about it, what purpose does sprint really serve? I mean, I'm sure there's gotta be something good about it, but at the moment I can only think of the cons. There's people that use it to sprint away from fights that they were seconds away from losing, and then you have the sword/shotgun/hammer/double melee sprinters.

If the base speed was higher, then really, where's the need for sprint? I certainly wasn't missing it in CE/2/3/ODST.

So I need to create a new Xbox Live account, and to my understanding, each Xbox gives you three different 1 month trials. Since the new dashboard update, I have no clue how to give my account the free 1 month. Is it still possible to do this?

Sorry for being off-topic, but I just wanted to ask HaloGaf first.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So I need to create a new Xbox Live account, and to my understanding, each Xbox gives you three different 1 month trials. Since the new dashboard update, I have no clue how to give my account the free 1 month. Is it still possible to do this?

If I remember right, go ahead and make the account. It'll ask you "what gold package do you want". Say none, upgrade later, then it'll offer the free month.

If your xbox already has 3 profiles made on it, pm me and I can create an account for you and send you the info =)

zap

Pretty sure you just set up a new account, join it to xbl and the trial activates then.

Overdoziz

Banned
The more I think about it, what purpose does sprint really serve? I mean, I'm sure there's gotta be something good about it, but at the moment I can only think of the cons. There's people that use it to sprint away from fights that they were seconds away from losing, and then you have the sword/shotgun/hammer/double melee sprinters.

If the base speed was higher, then really, where's the need for sprint? I certainly wasn't missing it in CE/2/3/ODST.
"All the FPSs have sprint these days"
smh

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you want we can blame MS's marketing team back during the CG trailer with him sprinting and throwing bubble shields.

Personally, I like sprint.

I still remember, one of the earliest things I did in Halo 3 was try to re-enact that scene.

Suicide!

:(

Overdoziz

Banned
The only game I'm ok with using sprint is the Battlefield series, and that's only because of the gigantic maps.
It's fine in games where people die in fractions of a second because they can't just easily run away mid-battle. In Halo that's a different story.

I would have thought you'd want sprint, seeing as how bad you are at driving.
The only reason I got behind the wheel in the first place was because you managed to flip the Hog over about 10 meters from spawn! Also, I gracefully maneuvered my Hog through the interior of the buildings on Headlong.

senador

Banned
I
do like
sprint.

It's fine in games where people die in fractions of a second because they can't just easily run away mid-battle. In Halo that's a different story.

I always see this but I'll never understand it. I mean I know why it's said but I don't agree at all.

Fracas

#fuckonami

This is sort of related, I realised in Battlefield 3 a while ago that if you just sprint in circles, it's next to impossible for someone to snipe you.

Derping in circles for 20 seconds as SV98 rounds whiz by your head...feels good man.

Havok

I liked how Chief looked all badass throwing that Bubble Shield down and then you play H3 and throw it down like a soft pillow.
Trailer would have been more accurate if the Chief had thrown the Bubble Shield down and then spent a full minute just crouching inside it with a shotgun watching all those Brutes.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Trailer would have been more accurate if the Chief had thrown the Bubble Shield down and then spent a full minute just crouching inside it with a shotgun watching all those Brutes.

Don't forget the constant teabagging.

"Come at me bros"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

The only reason I got behind the wheel in the first place was because you managed to flip the Hog over about 10 meters from spawn! Also, I gracefully maneuvered my Hog through the interior of the buildings on Headlong.

My passengers were delivered safely and efficiently to their destinations.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
2 seconds after you die
Yeah it was always great when you'd forget you even had the thing.
That or waiting to throw a nade in the bubble as you back out.

Also, anyone find the vidoc music really starting to grow on you?
Yes, the music in that video was good.

What should I watch next you think in terms of gangster/mafia movies?
Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are probably too obvious and most likely have already been consumed by you. Things to do in Denver When You're Dead is one of my favorite obscure movies. Then there's The Usual Suspects, but both of those are more "crime" movies and less "mafia/gangster" flicks, and if you're going to throw the door that wide open you might as well just watch the best crime movie of all time: Attack the Gas Station.

I would have thought you'd want sprint, seeing as how bad you are at driving.
He's not going to have any problems with sprint in Halo 4 because there's going to be a few seconds between when a player starts to sprint and when they get up to speed right? Then when they are coming out of sprint there's going to be a beat where they can't combo into a melee or sword/hammer attack right? I'll take your silence as confirmation.

Havok

He's not going to have any problems with sprint in Halo 4 because there's going to be a few seconds between when a player starts to sprint and when they get up to speed right? Then when they are coming out of sprint there's going to be a beat where they can't combo into a melee or sword/hammer attack right? I'll take your silence as confirmation.
3:11 to 3:14 in the Halo 4 First Look says no, unfortunately :\

Unless it gets changed, in which case Game of the Year.
I'm the secret best Warthog driver.
'Cause it only holds three people.
The Tashi Ceiling joke is some kind of Tuck Everlasting Zombie Lazarus joke. Just when I think it's dead someone brings it right back.
I figured I had enough goodwill built up to resurrect it since I refused to take part in the 'check your PMs' and Oonsk bullshit.

Fuchsdh

Someday someone else will come along and be the brunt of the HaloGAF jokes.

But it is not this day.

The best part of all this is I've never actually seen you play, outside of your montages
Yeah, he's probably better than me. But I haven't played with you guys so my secret is safe o.0

Still think it's too early to really comment on any of the gameplay mechanics. Maybe some here think if they say dedis enough, we'll get dedis. If that's the case...

I want as big a leap in Halo 4's netcode as there was in Reach's.

I think we're at the point in the franchise where you should just walk away if you really don't like what you hear. You can't Sprint away, Over would hate that.

Overdoziz

Banned
Aren't you from HBO?
mc_popcorn.png

Top Bottom