• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
It'd be cool if you could enjoy the MLG playlist by yourself, getting constant teams of 4 against 4 randoms is trash.

What do you think about the idea of an all-randoms team playlist - I think COD and maybe some other games did it. Do you think that would work out much?

May not be the best solution for the MLG playlist for sure, but if Reach didn't have a zillion playlists, maybe MLG could get a few more, maybe even special weekend playlists or something. I think it would be interesting, not only from a MLG gameplay standpoint, but from the a community standpoint too.

Then again, any such playlist would live or die by the quality of the Trueskill matching.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Regretfully missed that Instinct vs. Classic match, but I see everyone freaking out over it on Twitter, haha. If it gets uploaded somewhere, post it here asap. I'm almost done with this essay I've been working on all day...

Havok

What do you think about the idea of an all-randoms team playlist - I think COD and maybe some other games did it. Do you think that would work out much?

May not be the best solution for the MLG playlist for sure, but if Reach didn't have a zillion playlists, maybe MLG could get a few more, maybe even special weekend playlists or something. I think it would be interesting, not only from a MLG gameplay standpoint, but from the a community standpoint too.

Then again, any such playlist would live or die by the quality of the Trueskill matching.
I would think they could control how party restrictions work to remove the need for a mercenary playlist. I'd like to see it match singles just with other singles, and guest groups only with guest groups. It's one of those things that we can't know without knowing what their tools can do, sadly.

Like Havok said, just use the party restrictions that matchmaking can already utilize and that eliminates the need.

Team Objective, Anniversary Classic, and Arena use them, and all the ranked playlists in Halo 3 used them. Needs to be a part of the MLG playlist.

Striker

MLG declined big party restrictions AFAIK, and if they wanted they could have Arena rankings, as well, so it's all up to them.

I would welcome a mercenary style playlist in Halo 4.

Lol just saw all your posters Cyren, great work!

IDK if I like Beaver Creek in Reach.
Slayer games are really.. campy..
Blue has such a disadvantage.
Oh well, Halo 4.

kylej

Banned
walshy(1).png

TWEET THE STREAM is an amazing shirt

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wow Mikwen just DESTROYED cloud. Holy fuck

See, the game should end now. Referees should stop it

Magni

T2 hasn't blown me away since H2. He's had his good moments in a game here and there, but that's pretty much it.

fakeedit: or maybe early H3 when it was still played H2-style, SD 2008 I think it was?

Wow thought FFA1 would win. 2 should be good.

It's Columbus, maybe people want to see Ogre 2?

Booshka

T2 hasn't blown me away since H2. He's had his good moments in a game here and there, but that's pretty much it.

fakeedit: or maybe early H3 when it was still played H2-style, SD 2008 I think it was?

It's Columbus, maybe people want to see Ogre 2?

I'll never forget in H3 when T2 had Rockets and Sniper and Snipedown asked, "you want me to take one of those?" T2 was like, "naw I got it" and just keeps playing.

Trueskill in Halo 3 is kicking my ass. My team comes in second more often than first. Of course, it could be that the only players left in H3 TS are the really good players, so it doesn't matter.

Trueskill in Halo 3 is kicking my ass. My team comes in second more often than first. Of course, it could be that the only players left in H3 TS are the really good players, so it doesn't matter.

If your playing solo are you matching up against full teams? I would imagine at this point matchmaking is probably throwing together randoms to face full teams? If thats the case your screwed no matter what. :/

CyReN

Back in the hotel room, my voice is starting to go already lol.

We'll prob be on straem tomorrow, need ideas besides the cliche sign wave.

If your playing solo are you matching up against full teams? I would imagine at this point matchmaking is probably throwing together randoms to face full teams? If thats the case your screwed no matter what. :/
I'm playing solo, but I hardly ever get matched up against full teams. I really suck.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Back in the hotel room, my voice is starting to go already lol.

We'll prob be on straem tomorrow, need ideas besides the cliche sign wave.

Something something Tashi Ceiling?

With all the talk about it (it was in a bulletin IIRC) and Frankie saying "I'll make it up to Tashi", I wonder if it'll show up in H4 in some way.

nomis

Should I be able to select Ultra quality in the MLG stream? I mean sure, it's been constantly crapping out and freezing since the last winners bracket game, but should the option even be there if I don't have a gold pass? Is it freezing even for people who DO have gold passes?

When it's running, the bitrate is pretty solid.

Top Bottom