• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Does anyone else wish the flood were depicted more gruesomely? Like this: click at own discretion.

It's from The Last of Us btw.

I think Halo 3 did well making the flood more scary by actually showing marines getting transformed alive. If the flood is in Halo 4, I'd love to make it even more gruesome. Making the flood a little bit more gore-ish wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't want to go to Gear's level of gore. Let the player hear the pain your allies are experiencing while they're being transformed maybe.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think Halo 3 did well making the flood more scary by actually showing marines getting transformed alive. If the flood is in Halo 4, I'd love to make it even more gruesome. Making the flood a little bit more gore-ish wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't want to go to Gear's level of gore. Let the player hear the pain your allies are experiencing while they're being transformed maybe.
Yeah, I liked that bit in H3.
I wish they were more like the necromorphs, they are scary.
I still want my ODST Flood Dead Space.

Does anyone else wish the flood were depicted more gruesomely? Like this: click at own discretion.

It's from The Last of Us btw.
Yes, I certainly would. I did feel Halo 3 was a big improvement on the flood models, went in that wet, ugly direction that they really belong to.
The descriptions of what they do, both physically and mentally are pretty gruesome, and so their visual (and auditory) design should match that.

Overdoziz

Banned
If you want Flood to be scary you also need to make them actually hard to kill. Something that falls apart with a single punch isn't exactly frightening.

Havok

If you want Flood to be scary you also need to make them actually hard to kill. Something that falls apart with a single punch isn't exactly frightening.
Last time they tried that we ended up with the Pure Forms. No thank you, I will pass.

Flood levels are at their most intense when you're getting swarmed by a bunch of the combat forms (like 343 Guilty Spark's combat form reveal). Increase that number, more intensity!

Just found out on of my best friends is in hospital, he has had intense stomach pains from 8 last night, its 11:30 at night(night after) here doctors have no idea whats wrong with him and keep pumping him with pain drugs.

:(

Booshka

Just found out on of my best friends is in hospital, he has had intense stomach pains from 8 last night, its 11:30 at night(night after) here doctors have no idea whats wrong with him and keep pumping him with pain drugs.

Sorry to hear that, might be appendicitis, hopefully it's nothing serious.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah there, I censored my avatar. My apologies if anyone was offended.
:p

Kudos to Franklinator for the photoshop effect.

That sucks man, hope he's doing okay.

Magni

Oh wow, I totally agree with Gandhi on something haha! Well, not the worst ever designed, but still, Sword Base ugh

Overdoziz

Banned
The stream on the MLG site is 2001 era cellphone quality. Anyone have an alternative? This shit's almost unwatchable, good job MLG.
You can change the layout to dual screen and press on the remove button on the bottom stream. Makes the Halo stream smaller and better looking (And smoother for me too).

I still want my ODST Flood Dead Space.

Indeed.

Happy_Haloween_by_Methados.png

Classic playing for keeps right now.

Damn, zero bloom and no sprint, this is pretty entertaining. Looking forward to the MLG playlist update (NEEDZ party restrictions 343!)

You can change the layout to dual screen and press on the remove button on the bottom stream. Makes the Halo stream smaller and better looking (And smoother for me too).

click "Quality" on the lower right an change it to Medium

thank you Sundance for turning up the crowd volume

Awesome, I can now actually read the scores and k/d's. Cheers guys
feel like a scrub for missing the quality button

Karl2177

Seriously, it was good, I don't understand those haters.
I don't think anyone is a hater. I really enjoy the mini-tages, and am disappointed that a couple of them were taken down by Youtube. I was just poking more fun at the Tashi Ceiling joke.

click "Quality" on the lower right an change it to Medium

thank you Sundance for turning up the crowd volume

Wow. Did they intentionally set the default to be Low? That was absolutely terrible quality.

That game was awesome. Sanc CTF is probably my favorite Halo gametype of all time (Midship CTF a close second)

Yeah imagine how good it would be if they put a better version of the map in the settings.

A possibility if Halo is in another event apparently, but they had to focus on Anni maps for this event, so Sanc got overlooked again.

Plasma Pistol kills prove extra badassery.

Top Bottom