• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Josh Hamrick did a lot of sandbox work as well.

I honestly don't think that COD's release date should or does have much of an impact on when MS releases the game. Lots of games sell extremely well during the holiday season, regardless of other games out there. Assassins Creed titles have released on the release date of COD or the week after for the past three years and they have sold extremely well..

Yeah and now Ubisoft has moved its stance from releasing AC a week after COD to a week or two before COD with AC3 this year.

Call of Duty's release matters because that's where most of the mainstream's attention will be. Halo and Call of Duty hit similar consumer demographics.

Yikes. 343i only tries to ballast my life. Not opening an online store where I can buy that Hoodie. (Nah I'll print a HaloGAF hoodie thanks to Gabotron), and now making my flight even much more painful? sigh.
but so excited to see GameInformer's Sparth Cover. It has to be Sparth. Nah it doesn't have to. 343i has to many great artists

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Nice to hear that, here are some pics so you can get an idea of the scale and colors.

Karl2177

I'm watching Code Geass R2 for the first time. Afterwards I'm going to start with Game Of Thrones or continue reading The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

Tomorrow I shall come back to the glory battlefields of the Planet Reach.

Good series, good series. My favorite episode was from the first season, but R2 is good overall.

Massive props to Jceezy for laying it down, he beat down Elzar and Hydra 3 rounds to one on Halo Reach rap battles. He even made Robbert rage quit.

Yeah and now Ubisoft has moved its stance from releasing AC a week after COD to a week or two before COD with AC3 this year.

Call of Duty's release matters because that's where most of the mainstream's attention will be. Halo and Call of Duty hit similar consumer demographics.

Understandable, and I'm not saying release the game the same day as COD, but I don't think you need to run at full speed so your not anywhere near its release date.

MrBig

So a friend of mine met Sparth at Art Center (where I'm hoping to be attending next year) over the weekend. He informed me that his hand was not, in fact, formed into the shape of a wacom pen.

Good series, good series. My favorite episode was from the first season, but R2 is good overall.
Lucky for me that I finished Code Geass Season 1 yesterday. The ending was like Halo 2.

So a friend of mine met Sparth at Art Center (where I'm hoping to be attending next year) over the weekend. He informed me that his hand was not, in fact, formed into the shape of a wacom pen.
I hope I will meet Sparth sometime. Or Frankie.

Kuroyume

Banned
In last nights GOT the character Shae (a country whore) talks about how she loves the smell of the city. How she loves the smell of the shit and cum in the air.

Btw, the people who don't like the warthog in Reach... Would you like something that handles well but has very low firepower or do you want the H3 hog back? Because if people want the H3 hog back I would rather have the Reach hog return... Not that it's going to happen anyway...

In last nights GOT the character Shae (a country whore) talks about how she loves the smell of the city. How she loves the smell of the shit and cum in the air.

Btw, the people who don't like the warthog in Reach... Would you like something that handles well but has very low firepower or do you want the H3 hog back? Because if people want the H3 hog back I would rather have the Reach hog return... Not that it's going to happen anyway...
That gives it a little bit more context :p

Good games guys. Reach is reallu bringing out the real rap masters among us.

Anybody have any good screenshots from the beginning area of The Package? If so, mind linking me to them?

Yikes. 343i only tries to ballast my life. Not opening an online store where I can buy that Hoodie. (Nah I'll print a HaloGAF hoodie thanks to Gabotron), and now making my flight even much more painful? sigh.
but so excited to see GameInformer's Sparth Cover. It has to be Sparth. Nah it doesn't have to. 343i has to many great artists
While a Sparth cover would be simply amazing, I wonder if they will use something in-game for maximum impact. Whatever it is, I am sure we will be in for a treat.

IDK if this is legit or not, but apparently Microsoft is hiring for Halo 4 commercials!
http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/halo-4-commercials-filming-underway/

"The positions available within the Halo 4 commercial are to suit male or females aged from 18 – 40"

Thats new to me! Man, the hype train is going for Halo 4 news again.

The stench of cum and shit turns me on.

Someone leave a browser window open in a public setting?
I was 50/50 on this one. You can never quite pin Kuroyume down.

And there it is.
FYI: I want the Halo 3 hog back but without Standoff's spawns.

Oh did that originate here? Sorry musta missed it.
I've made a huge mistake.
Hypertrooper remains ever-vigilant for redundant posts.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've never played much Firefight, so I may be wrong here, but some of the Reach Firefight maps look like they could almost work for multiplayer.

cory021

Neo Member

My two problems with the Reach Warthog are that it handles awkwardly and how fragile it is. Driving over hills is usually awkward, and turning at high speeds causes the Hog to turn slowly unless you manually slow down to a crawl. Also, the fact that a couple of DMRs can scare off a Hog just isn't very fun. Although I don't mind the Reach turret, the reduced aim-assist, reduced damage, and overheating would work well with the H3 Warthog.

Generator defense, NEVAR FORGET.
Everyone copped on pretty quickly how poorly that ended up playing, thankfully.

Kuro, I will take the Halo 3 hog over the Reach one at least. While there is a lot to like about the Reach hog, all of the human vehicles in Reach are way too flippable.
Remove that weakness and I'll happily take the Reach hog.

Fracas

#fuckonami
High ground advantage with the limited access to the structure wouldn't bode well for anyone attacking. Plus where are you going to spawn safely if you don't have the structure?

Ah, true, didn't think of that.
Also, where's my TU Firefight? And TU campaign?

Halo-GAF, I just want you to know, I love all of you, and I can't wait to play a Halo game with you guys that I can stand to play.

Uh, that is all. Carry on!

FyreWulff

Did it have to be on the FF netcode?

I liked the actual gameplay part of it. Not the lag.

Technically no, but they didn't set up the generators existing in the multiplayer maps according to Jonnyothan.

Would have been nice for multiplayer, somehow. It's too bad you're also stuck with 2v2 now instead of the beta's 3v3.

The did that in the beta with overlook.

Network Test was just a special version of Firefight that didn't spawn enemy waves. Which also isn't possible in the final Reach.

GhaleonEB

High ground advantage with the limited access to the structure wouldn't bode well for anyone attacking. Plus where are you going to spawn safely if you don't have the structure?

There are 3 ways to the top of the base, before taking the jetpack into account. Regardless, the issue with that one being suitable for MP is the layout; the central structure means there's no base for the offense.

Beachhead would work decently as a 1-sided MP map, though some of it is far too open given the DMR range.

I really hope objectives are more heaviliy leveraged in Firefight this time around, and think differently about objectives in MP. As you guys have been saying, Genny Defense would be a great MP mode.

It ain't easy being Jceezy
Plays like a pro, it's just that easy
Patrolling Xbox live lobbies with his...blaster
He's schooling kids like he's the...headmaster
Matchmaking with his buddy, playing some boardwalk
Stopping kids talking like he's some roadblock

(chorus)
They call him Jceezy
He's number one
Jceezy
He's number one
Jceezy
He's number one

Picks up the sniper, than arms the bomb
First strike bitches, om nom nom nom
He doesn't like you talkin'...in a party
He rather just listen...to some Marty
Tells you he's got a channel up on YouTube
Say's "Hey check it out, I'm talking to you noob"

(chorus)
They call him Jceezy
He's number one
Jceezy
He's number one
Jceezy
He's number one

He uses curse words, but dude can't even smoke.
But that's alright, 'cause he's got a joke...
knock, Knock...
Shut the fuck up, bitch.
Game ending kill, he's got a pro twitch
Game ends, blue team wins
Xand and Co. ask him to party up
But it's too late...'cause Elzar already backed up.

(chorus)
They call him Jceezy
He's number one
Jceezy
He's number one
Jceezy
He's number one

Dedicated to Jceezy

^Oh god, the horror of having to post pics and stats from Waypoint. It will keep me from playing the game (haven't played in about a month lol).

Top Bottom