• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Says the guy that murdered those poor souls on Standoff with the Warthog as they spawned outside their base over and over; I was one of those randoms. About time you got your comeuppance.

It's hard to stay mad when you put it like that.
KuGsj.gif

FyreWulff

Says the guy that murdered those poor souls on Standoff with the Warthog as they spawned outside their base over and over; I was one of those randoms. About time you got your comeuppance.

That's my outlook sometimes. I end up in a game where my face is getting crushed, and then I think "well, I can't be too mad. I've been on the other side of those 100-17 beatdowns. Not my turn this time."

Also, 3 hours until my run is permanently over. Until then, there's that little nagging thought of "but you can still keep it going"..

nBoyd.jpg

FyreWulff

but you can still keep it going

This is why I've put my 360 in the living room. And introduced my roommate to Crimson Alliance.

Why are you ending the streak?

Sanity, moving to Vancouver, and having the count frozen at "81" on Bungie.net after the transition doesn't look as nice as "77". Plus, I bet at least every weekly has gone around twice. Ending it on my own terms instead of not being able to do it because my 360 got delayed in shipment to Vancouver or something.

Sanity, moving to Vancouver, and having the count frozen at "81" on Bungie.net after the transition doesn't look as nice as "77". Plus, I bet at least every weekly has gone around twice. Ending it on my own terms instead of not being able to do it because my 360 got delayed in shipment to Vancouver or something.

Ah, that makes sense then. Haha

You're not a scrub for using the exploit. You're a scrub for taking 15 minutes to do it.

I tried to rush through it by not fighting any enemies! It was hard! Those elites are pros with the focus rifle

I just hopped into the co-op playlist and voted for Legendary. It was more fun than even a short grind on Nightfall.
I've never ventured into the campaign playlist before. Do you usually get matched with people who try to play the game or people who just troll? Cause that was always my fear, haha

chaosz3ro

Neo Member
if you get elites with focus rifles in the beginning of nightfall, just restart lol

why do I keep running into this tryhard team of 4 in super slayer ugh. every single night the past 3 nights I've had to play them. I don't even try and just crouch around and hit armor lock when I see them because they get angry at that for some reason.

ps I'm still playing so someone add me :(

gt: chaos nul

I want to punch gamers in the face for ever encouraging bullshit DLC like unlockable material

Fixed.. or is it?

I want to punch gamers in the face for ever encouraging bullshit DLC

Fixed.. hmm still not right..

I want to punch gamers in the face for ever encouraging paid DLC

That's the point of view allright.

Games were so rich in content prior to the DLC era. The content the games I played had without DLC exceeds the content games these days have with ALL the DLC added to it. I haven't bought a single piece of DLC since I got a 360 and Tr3y (2007'ish).

Karl2177

Fixed.. or is it?

Games were so rich in content prior to the DLC era. The content the games I played had without DLC exceeds the content games these days have with ALL the DLC added to it. I haven't bought a single piece of DLC since I got a 360 and Tr3y (2007'ish).

Ehhh... I like DLC, but as I stated earlier I don't like it when it is tacked on quickly after release simply because it didn't quite make the cut or they want money. MP DLC is usually a good idea for longevity of the title, and single player DLC usually rewards the fans. For example, without DLC, you'd be playing on Valhalla, Sandtrap, and Last Resort for BTB in Halo 3.

Tunavi

Banned
I had a friend in high school who talked about them almost everyday in my CAD class, lol. Was the concert cool?
yeah man, they're good, i'd never heard them before but the show was a lot of fun and they came out to the crowd after and we talked about skyrim :p

sxsw is fucking awesome

Ehhh... I like DLC, but as I stated earlier I don't like it when it is tacked on quickly after release simply because it didn't quite make the cut or they want money. MP DLC is usually a good idea for longevity of the title, and single player DLC usually rewards the fans. For example, without DLC, you'd be playing on Valhalla, Sandtrap, and Last Resort for BTB in Halo 3.

Free DLC I have no problems with. Paid I do. No matter what a developer does, they allways do it with the following thought: "Give them an amount of content that makes them desire DLC and then release DLC". Games these days don't feel complete. Halo 3 did tho, I had a perfectly fine experience not having DLC (untill they locked a few gametyped for DLC only), same with Reach.

Fixed.. or is it?

Hmm. id love to see some examples of all these feature packed games your talking about.. the vast majority of games prior to this gen had very little content some lasted 4 hours. Of course longer games existed like Jrpgs and such but these games remain essentially the same today. (with the exception of FF which now has very small DLC)

People talk shit about DLC and bitch about the Glory days forgetting it wasnt all sunshine and happiness back then either and also conveniently forgetting that most games are multi million dollar projects now like it or not Game development costs have increased with the gen and DLC can be seen as way to recoup those profits.

Iv said it before On disc DLC is bad and thats not defend-able however content made before the games release but finished after the game has been to get certified i have zero problem with.

Its like this ... you make a game, your game gets bug tested after this point you game isout for cert and printing and shipping .. thats about a 3 month process according to developers.

During that time the team has 2 choices .. start work on DLC for the game or star on the next project. Since DLC has faster cert (less content than a game) and no manufacturing costs it just gets bundled into .xcp and pushed to the marketplace if that content is completed pretty quickly it can be pushed out in time for release of the game.

Which gets to another point.. content partially on disc. Epic had this issue with gears 3 and they explained it by saying that the content was partly finished before the game went for cert and so the put that stuff on the disc and then when the content was finished after cert the 2 sections of content would work the same, so its essentially just After cert DLC that started during main game dev time because some teams had finished their part on the project. Again not much of a problem.

Capcom however put the content on the disc and hide it behind a unlock key and this has been happening since Dead Rising 1 with DLC costumes for 80ms points each that tactic cannot be defended at all their is no excuse for it.

Karl2177

Free DLC I have no problems with. Paid I do. No matter what a developer does, they allways do it with the following thought: "Give them an amount of content that makes them desire DLC and then release DLC". Games these days don't feel complete. Halo 3 did tho, I had a perfectly fine experience not having DLC (untill they locked a few gametyped for DLC only), same with Reach.

So would you find the old Bungie standard acceptable? By initially releasing the DLC at a cost, then a year later making it free. I'm all for that route, maybe increasing the time if it was a single player DLC.

So would you find the old Bungie standard acceptable? By initially releasing the DLC at a cost, then a year later making it free. I'm all for that route, maybe increasing the time if it was a single player DLC.

Sure. I like that model. I know I sound like a cheap ass for wanting everyting free, but I think I miss the good old days when I was a PC gamer :(

zap

I like that model even as an early adopter, as it means that I will get value for money as they can start requiring the maps in playlists.

chaosz3ro

Neo Member
I like that model even as an early adopter, as it means that I will get value for money as they can start requiring the maps in playlists.

this is the way it should be, especially when there are no good playlists to play the dlc in.

next to nobody is gonna buy the non anniversary maps at this point with only one playlist to play them in. Make them free so we can at least play them in regular playlists.

I'd be happy if I just never had to play a community map ever again.

I hope for Halo 4 that if you buy the game new, you get a pass the allows to you to get all the DLC for free.
I personally have bought all the DLC for every Halo game, but it sucks how you hardly play any of the maps in matchmaking.
The system was much better in Halo 2 where all the maps were eventually released for free.

zap

I hope for Halo 4 that if you buy the game new, you get a pass the allows to you to get all the DLC for free.
I personally have bought all the DLC for every Halo game, but it sucks how you hardly play any of the maps in matchmaking.
The system was much better in Halo 2 where all the maps were eventually released for free.

What would be cool is if the Limited/Legendary editions comes with a free "Halo Pass" for all DLC. This would mean a higher DLC install base from the beginning. Unfortunately, the people who buy the special editions will be the same people who would buy all the DLC anyway, so it's probably not logical from a business standpoint :/

Any other early adopters for the Halo Pass could also get special armour or something to sweeten the deal, and make the maps in the Halo Pass free after 6 months.

I know that it will never happen, but it would be nice for playlists.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I do wonder about the DLC situation sales wise. I remember an old quote from a Microsoft dude saying that one of the Halo 3 DLC's was selling over 1000 copies per day, one whole year after it was released. For some reason I doubt Reach's DLC is that popular.

For Halo 4, give us a season pass similar to Gears 3. Pay upfront and include the pass in the Legendary bundle - it should then mean more folks have the DLC and better DLC intregration in the playlists.

Or just release a multiplayer disk two years after the release with another side Halo game. =)

zap

I do wonder about the DLC situation sales wise. I remember an old quote from a Microsoft dude saying that one of the Halo 3 DLC's was selling over 1000 copies per day, one whole year after it was released. For some reason I doubt Reach's DLC is that popular.

For Halo 4, give us a season pass similar to Gears 3. Pay upfront and include the pass in the Legendary bundle - it should then mean more folks have the DLC and better DLC intregration in the playlists.

Or just release a multiplayer disk two years after the release with another side Halo game. =)

I would love it to be in both Limited and Legendary (see my post above yours), but I doubt that it would happen. I think it's a real possibility for Legendary, although they could think that if we are crazy enough to buy the Legendary edition, we probably are crazy enough to buy the DLC season pass as well. :/

That ODST disc was a life saver for LANs with friends who liked Halo but never bought the DLC. Myself and another friend or two had all (or most) the DLC already AND the ODST disc, so we were sorted even if the others didn't have ODST.

Those LANs were amazing.

So I changed both DNS to the ones my ISP gave me, bought a new modem and tried lots of things to get the internet to work but nothing.

It works fine on my PC but the Xbox just won't let me connect, I'm getting the DNS error over and over. This problem occured last week while I was playing and I haven't been able to connect to LIVE since then.

Any ideas to solve this issue, would changing to wireless solve the problem?

:/

MrBig

I'm all for cheaper DLC, but they really really really need to follow Dice and include the first DLC with all first print copies. And make that the ONLY pre-order bonus, and DO NOT segregate it between markets. Maybe then I'll actually be able to play the DLC, as people will actually have it.

Top Bottom