• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Overdoziz

Banned
why do I keep running into this tryhard team of 4 in super slayer ugh. every single night the past 3 nights I've had to play them. I don't even try and just crouch around and hit armor lock when I see them because they get angry at that for some reason.
Oh, you're that kind of person.

I've never ventured into the campaign playlist before. Do you usually get matched with people who try to play the game or people who just troll? Cause that was always my fear, haha
I've played quite a bit of co-op campaign, and the majority of the time it's very friendly. The only mission where I've ever encountered multiple counts of douchebaggery is New Alexandria. Most people don't like to play the longer levels like The Package, but when you get people that want to play it's a ton of fun.

Haven't played Reach since December 11, will probably break my fast this week now that the Riddler challenges are boring the shit out of me.

How many did you do? I think I liked the riddler challenges in the first game a lot more.
Can't really say for certain; a whole lot. And there's a whole lot more, which just makes it daunting. When there's no story progression, I get bored with this type of mechanic fairly quickly. I agree with you about AA's better challenges, but overall Arkham City is a much better game. dat divebombing...

Get it, Ghaleon.

Can't really say for certain; a whole lot. And there's a whole lot more, which just makes it daunting. When there's no story progression, I get bored with this type of mechanic fairly quickly. I agree with you about AA's better challenges, but overall Arkham City is a much better game. dat divebombing...

Get it, Ghaleon.

Atmosphere in city was/is fantastic. Though, I felt they were hindered by having too many villains in the game, so it was less focused in my opinion compared to AA.

There has been only two games or rather series were I actually go for collectibles, Halo and Bishock (audio diaries FTW). Otherwise I hate collectible and refuse to collect them.

Edit: I don't really keep up with any PS3 news, but the portrayal of KARA, has got me interested in the portrayal of cortana in future halo games, I wonder what 343's plans are for her?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Stop being such a scrub and perhaps you wont have to rage quit.. BK.

Now a serious question, who do you make these montages for? Is it just a self reminder that you still know how to play Halo? ;p

Well for one I've had that Youtube channel for a couple years now and I wanna keep adding "quality" content. I also love video editing and I figured making a little montage every week would allow me to have something to do in that field often. I find it does a lot for my game as well. I have more confidence in my shot (BR and Snipe) because I'm often challenging to get the sick clip. Winning the games is still important to me though so it hasn't completely changed me. You really discover your limits though when you're trying to get montage clips every match you play.

Also, spamming the DMR isn't the fastest way to shoot it with no bloom. There's an actual timing to it. Pretty nasty when you 5 shot someone shooting at the max rate. Sucks when you die from it though.

So I changed both DNS to the ones my ISP gave me, bought a new modem and tried lots of things to get the internet to work but nothing.

It works fine on my PC but the Xbox just won't let me connect, I'm getting the DNS error over and over. This problem occured last week while I was playing and I haven't been able to connect to LIVE since then.

Any ideas to solve this issue, would changing to wireless solve the problem?

:/

try changing xbox's ip address

heckfu

Banned
I'm organizing a HaloGaf March Madness bracket pool. Top player will receive some Microsoft points regardless of location.

I'll post details later.

Edit: entrants will be at my discretion as who is an actual regular.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know who is hotter, the chick in ElzarTheBam or Plywoods avatar. Both seem equal.
ibaX9LteWLWPXw.jpg

Karl2177

I do wonder about the DLC situation sales wise. I remember an old quote from a Microsoft dude saying that one of the Halo 3 DLC's was selling over 1000 copies per day, one whole year after it was released. For some reason I doubt Reach's DLC is that popular.

For Halo 4, give us a season pass similar to Gears 3. Pay upfront and include the pass in the Legendary bundle - it should then mean more folks have the DLC and better DLC intregration in the playlists.

Or just release a multiplayer disk two years after the release with another side Halo game. =)
As much as I like the idea of a season pass type model, one thing that turns me sour about it is pricing. I know a lot of friends that would not get the legendary bundle, and probably wouldn't shell out near the amount that Elite costs for maps. I'm not sure how Gears 3 works, but it can't be too different from Elite.

March Madness will ruin me.

Oh, sup HaloGaf?!
How? It's fairly easy. There's one less game to worry about than teams. Plus, I've won the pools I've entered 3 out of the past 5 years. Someone is just a BK March Madness warrior.

I saw that, I giggled like a little girl for approximately 1.64 seconds. :p
Not 1.65?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Definitely not having a good Halo week. Just threw a plasma that bounced off the flag pole and came back to stick me.

Fail tage?

Homeboyd

How? It's fairly easy. There's one less game to worry about than teams. Plus, I've won the pools I've entered 3 out of the past 5 years. Someone is just a BK March Madness warrior.
I don't think you understood what I meant. I meant it will ruin me in terms of not getting shit done because I'll be watching basketball all damn day and night for the next 3 weeks.

And your pools doesn't really tell me much. Who knows how college basketball competent the people in those pools are. I have some at work that are a joke while others with friends are much more competitive.

Ah I see. I can never keep up with all the big tournaments, etc in US :p

We should do some brackets for the European championship (soccer of course) this summer if enough people are interested!

Tawpgun

The second greatest sporting event in the U.S. behind the NBA Finals.

Watching Basketball is dum.

If only this country was more into Hockey, shame.

I'll see if I can get into March Madness this. I might fill out a bracket but its all going to be uninformed decisions.

Karl2177

I don't think you understood what I meant. I meant it will ruin me in terms of not getting shit done because I'll be watching basketball all damn day and night for the next 3 weeks.

And your pools doesn't really tell me much. Who knows how college basketball competent the people in those pools are. I have some at work that are a joke while others with friends are much more competitive.

You're still a bk. :p

Risen

New meme?

lol I don't normally bitch like I do. For some reason you always hear the worst of my bitching. I'm usually level headed.

LOL you call that bitching? Hell I mute myself sometimes when we play because every game is full of a bunch of east coasters to which I have a 200ms ping. And for your bitching, it's usually because when we play, it's at the end of a long night of Halo for you lol. You've had hours of stuff to bitch about.

Definitely not having a good Halo week. Just threw a plasma that bounced off the flag pole and came back to stick me.

Fail tage?

Do it

Normally I can't stand watching basketball on tv, I just get too frustrated by the officiating (and NCSU was robbed this weekend).

I'll probably pay attention to the tournament this year though, since we actually got in for once.

-------
This is shaping up to be a great week.
- UNC football violations news today.
- Settlers of Catan night on Wednesday.
- New episode of Community on Thursday.
- NCSU basketball game on Friday.
- St. Patrick's Day boozing on Saturday.

Hopefully I'll have time for some Halo between all that. I want to make a flythrough video of the new BTB Heavies maps. (Wonder how long until we get flythroughs of Wraparound and War House...)

GhaleonEB

Watching Basketball is dum.

If only this country was more into Hockey, shame.

I'll see if I can get into March Madness this. I might fill out a bracket but its all going to be uninformed decisions.

I like it when things happen in my sports more frequently than once every 20 minutes. Not a fan of soccer for the same reason.

CyReN

LOL you call that bitching? Hell I mute myself sometimes when we play because every game is full of a bunch of east coasters to which I have a 200ms ping. And for your bitching, it's usually because when we play, it's at the end of a long night of Halo for you lol. You've had hours of stuff to bitch about.

Do it

I will actually pull myself away from Mass Effect 3 today, get on tonight!

Top Bottom