• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I thought D9 was dreadfully boring, fell asleep towards the end of it. I hate most movies though...
Dayum, I was a big fan of it. Made the fact he didn't get to make the Halo movie both more depressing and a little more okay, because he got to make such a fantastic movie.

neoism

I hope 4 brings the sci-fi back to the series. 3, ODST, and Reach lost the great sci-fi that 1 and 2 had.

u crazy 3 felt that way just as much as 2... But it definitely will, Chief is discovering a new alien world all over again.

neoism

As much as I love District 9 and Neil Blomkamp, I do think he's too gritty and narrow when it comes to Halo. Even the amazing ODST & Reach commercials are too in-your-face-gritty for what's needed in a full scale movie.

I want a clean cinematic aesthetic, with great wide angle shots, and epic scale. Halo's aesthetic could be done justice by Darren Aronofsky, Danny Boyle, or even the Watchowskis.

Fall of Reach would be the easiest version of the movie to make. Was the script ever leaked... Watchowskis would fuck it up sooo bad. Darren would be good though. I do agree though I would rather have a clean look to the movie, but not too clean as in safe. I like D9 too, but I it has 0 rewatchability which Halo would have to have.

neoism

This is one hell of a simplification. Halsey has done terrible things, nobody's denying that, but the book beat us over the head with her actions so fucking much that I was sick and annoyed with it by the end.

The book compared Halsey to Stalin.

damn is she that mean.... I guess I can't blame her though was keys her husband or just ex lover, and then he daughter got..... so I guess I see why she was soo piss in REACH lol

u crazy 3 felt that way just as much as 2... But it definitely will, Chief is discovering a new alien world all over again.

Have to agree with this Hobo :)P), 3 was pretty good in its sci-fi ness.

Although ODST felt like 'grounded' sci-fi, and better for it, ODST is my favourite Halo SP.

I wouldn't want it for the entire game's menu, but as a mission select interface for Spartan Ops. It'd get tedious using it ALL the time, but using it in the context of Ops sounds cool, and fits in with the Infinity / holodeck fiction well.
We need a spartan Home on the Infinity where can walk around and see other players on our friend's list to chat with and check each other out! You could walk around and when people are in games or not online, you can see them in cryosleep.
/trollface ;) Although a smaller version might be kind of interesting lol.

neoism

In the next moment, you guys are going to say that you never watched Blade Runner. And say that Star Wars Episode 2 is your favorite Sci-Fi movie.

I have to say other than good direction and acting by Ford Not that big a fan of Blade Runner. Is there a version of the movie without the voiceovers. I've seen it like 2 times, and after... meh doesn't do it for me. The music was BOSS too. Prometheus is day one for me though.

Arnie

Is Blade Runner that thing with the spinning glave?

nLRWt.png

Holy fucking shit, is that Krul? That film scared the living death out of me when I was about 6. I shouldn't have been watching it but I used to stay at a friend of the families house and they had a son who let us watch his film collection. I was always baffled, especially at that age, how the corridors and hallways inside the mountain looked so manmade.

I have to say other than good direction and acting by Ford Not that big a fan of Blade Runner. Is there a version of the movie without the voiceovers. I've seen it like 2 times, and after... meh doesn't do it for me. The music was BOSS too. Prometheus is day one for me though.
Final Cut? It has no voice overs.

Ramirez

Doesn't like Blade Runner, but loves Reach. hmm

In the next moment, you guys are going to say that you never watched Blade Runner. And say that Star Wars Episode 2 is your favorite Sci-Fi movie.
Star Wars Episode 4-6 are my favorite in this order 5>4>6, while 1-3 I don't even consider part of the series. I've watched Bladerunner. Actually I even had it on DVD until I lost it lol. I love sci-fi movies. Might be my favorite Genre. But, and I stress the word, but, that movie is, for lack of better words, really slow. I can appreciate the atmosphere and world that Ridley Scott created, but for me it was really uninteresting. It's one of those artsy movies that gets a lot of praise, but the overall movie is kind of ho-hum. I know -- people want to shoot me now and tea bag my body. I'm sorry. This may get some laughs, but I actually liked The Arrival, with Charlie Sheen, and The Running Man, with Arnold Schwarzenegger, better than Bladerunner.

EDIT: Oh and add the movies Dune (1984), and Moon, with Sam Rockwell, to that list. Moon was slow, but far more intriguing. Shoot, I liked the Last Starfighter, better.

/brofist!

"This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher."
More like "Phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range".

"Just what you see pal."

A little late to the party but the new weapon looks like it brings the pain. Also reminds me of a spartan portable UNSC version of the shade turrets from Halo Anniversary.

feel

I thought someone actually called Frankie and posted the conversation online. Disappointed.

I thought D9 was dreadfully boring, fell asleep towards the end of it. I hate most movies though...
Gotta agree with this. Trailers had me extremely hyped, then I saw it and ended up hating it, what an awful 2nd and 3rd acts. Can't believe the praise it gets, but I'm glad that guy is not doing the Halo movie.

Is Blade Runner that thing with the spinning glave?

nLRWt.png
Saw this at a time in my life where me and a friend used to ride our bikes to the theater and just stay there all day long, sneaking in and out of movies. Shitty movies, great times.

The Overdoz1z of film? For shame.

More like "Phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range".
I like your style, dude.
a5VxP.jpg

The NullPointer abides, man.

Also, count me in as semi-happy that the Halo movie didn't get made, at least not at that time. I think the design approach in Halo since Reach looks more filmic and CGI quality has increased so damn much in just a few years that something made nowadays would look generations beyond what Bloomkampf could have achieved, even though I think his heart was in the right place.

Top Bottom