• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Woorloog

Banned
I'm not really disappointed there was no Halo movie. I don't think Halo could be adapted to a good film. Medicore action piece, sure. But not a great science fiction movie. Well, at least i think chances for it being are remote..

Halo would make a good TV series though. Tell small stories over the course of the war, have a few main character groups to give a few different viewpoints, ideally, IMO, Spartans (starting from kidnapping and training), some civilian group (possibly a commander/admirals family/friends?), some marines or ODSTs (the latter would be ideal, show that rivalry beetween Spartans and ODSTs) and even a Covenant viewpoint (their motivations, hatred, questioning their actions etc).

Halo short films nailed the visual style i think.

Myyke

Neo Member
We played a few MLG 4v4s today too.
h055Q.png

smh

Awwwww yeah, top of the scoreboard like the MLG pro that I am.

I've stopped posting there. They all want AR starts, think MLG ruins fun and think Vanilla is the best thing since Jesus. I gave up on them.

You have fallen to the dark side. I also haven't posted on HBO in some time, but the Wu will always be strong in me.

Awwwww yeah, top of the scoreboard like the MLG pro that I am.

Damn you sir! I also haven't posted on HBO in some time, but the Wu will always be strong in me.

We all know Overdoziz is the halo communities biggest drama queen.

Stop working, go pro Myyke?

WJD

So Alien.

Incredible set design, fantastic crew dynamic and some brilliant practical effects. Crazy to think that this was made 33 years ago considering the remastering job that's been done on it. The only things that really looked dated were any shots set in space, the animatronics and Sigourney's hair.

Overall pretty damn good and well worthy of a rewatch. Onto Aliens tomorrow night.

So Alien.

Incredible set design, fantastic crew dynamic and some brilliant practical effects. Crazy to think that this was made 33 years ago considering the remastering job that's been done on it. The only things that really looked dated were any shots set in space, the animatronics and Sigourney's hair.

Overall pretty damn good and well worthy of a rewatch. Onto Aliens tomorrow night.

It's a rescue mission, you'll love it. There's some juicy colonists' daughters we have to rescue from their virginity.

I'm just saying it gets old after a while seeing the same things repeated every other page.

You'll get used to it, he might even improve, he's not gone full retard yet...you never go full retard. :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We played a few MLG 4v4s today too.
h055Q.png

smh

This made me laugh so hard.

Edit : Yeah, Over complains a lot, but I feel like he has a good understanding of Halo and reasoned critiques. Out of all the complainers in HaloGAF, he's one of the more reasonable... usually.

Retro

Sorry to go off-topic again, but...

I have to say other than good direction and acting by Ford Not that big a fan of Blade Runner. Is there a version of the movie without the voiceovers. I've seen it like 2 times, and after... meh doesn't do it for me. The music was BOSS too. Prometheus is day one for me though.

Watch the Final Cut, it's the only version in which Scott had the time and freedom to get everything right. It's a better transfer (Blacks look like blacks, not dark greys), the effects are improved slightly (there were some miscues in some shots, etc.), and it contains all of the added shots from the Director's Cut that add to or clear up the story. Different ending too. And those god awful voiceovers are gone.

Onto Aliens tomorrow night.

You are in for such a treat. Alien is fantastic, but Aliens is just... wow. Yeah. Have fun, man.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oooookay, fine, maybe that was an OVERstatement (get it??). Hyperbole, and cajoling, and knee jerk reactionaryism aside... Over is pretty reasonable.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I couldn't tell you. I've been waiting to join a match for three minutes now.

it did that to me a few times, i think its a bug. restarting usually gets you in a game quick. if it takes longer then 15 sec or so, reboot.

most of my matches have been buggy as shit too. last game i gave up on i'd see my teammates as stationary headless solders for a few moments before they spring to life and no matter how many times i shot enemies they'd never die. good times, that game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Played some of the Ghost Recon beta earlier, It's not too bad. Although I keep trying to evade like in Gears lol. How long does the beta run?

edit: wanted to play with a friend earlier, he said the guide says I'm offline. wtf?
edit edit: weird, whenever I sign in, sets me to appear offline.

it did that to me a few times, i think its a bug. restarting usually gets you in a game quick. if it takes longer then 15 sec or so, reboot.

most of my matches have been buggy as shit too. last game i gave up on i'd see my teammates as stationary headless solders for a few moments before they spring to life and no matter how many times i shot enemies they'd never die. good times, that game.
I'm calling it at 10 minutes. I'll just play some Reach.

Top Bottom