• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Plywood retires from Reach, still plays all the time.
lHpT3.jpg

Fuchsdh

Ok, so I gave the GamingCouncil thing a shot.

But I'm bothered by people talking about speculative features with an air of authority, and the massive rose-tinted glasses when it comes to previous games. Also the casual player hate :)

But I'm bothered by people talking about speculative features with an air of authority, and the massive rose-tinted glasses when it comes to previous games. Also the casual player hate :)

There's definitely a demographic for that shit here.

I completely agree.
I am a huge competitive player and have been playing MLG Halo since CE.

But when the competitive community says things like they worry about 343 Industries' intelligence/ability, it really turns me off.
Nice to have pros like RyaNoob/Bestman trying to push for openness to new ideas.

CyReN

Thanks for the feedback guys and checking it out. Working on the show still and looking to have someone from here in the near future.

Overdoziz

Banned
Last show was a lot better. Turned it off after about 10 minutes this time around. Pretty sure only u4iXXX has actually listened to the podcast. The other guys seem like they haven't even read the summary.

CyReN

Last show was a lot better. Turned it off after about 10 minutes this time around. Pretty sure only u4iXXX has actually listened to the podcast. The other guys seem like they haven't even read the summary.

Everyone did listen to the podcast. We just had a rough start with the technical difficulties of the cut out which threw us all off and did come "into form" after we got it figured out. Still looking to improve on it as it's our second show so if you guys have any we are always open to hearing it. Sorry if stuff was misrepresented.

Prop to Ellis for the RT.

I completely agree.
But when the competitive community says things like they worry about 343 Industries' intelligence/ability, it really turns me off.
Nice to have pros like RyaNoob/Bestman trying to push for openness to new ideas.

Agreed on that, no one should be insulted. I'll talk to them about it. I think it's just the cloud of what Reach has done (bloom, maps, etc) has left people somewhat scared about every decision now but there's no excuse for that.

------
Prop to Ellis for the RT and feedback, really means a lot to us.

Fuchsdh

Everyone did listen to the podcast. We just had a rough start with the technical difficulties of the cut out which threw us all off and did come "into form" after we got it figured out. Still looking to improve on it as it's our second show so if you guys have any we are always open to hearing it. Sorry if stuff was misrepresented.

Prop to Ellis for the RT.

Well keep plugging away, I know how hard it can be to do a podcast (let alone live). Even the best 'casters run into tech. difficulties.

Well keep plugging away, I know how hard it can be to do a podcast (let alone live). Even the best 'casters run into tech. difficulties.

Tell me about it.

Production on the HaloGAF podcast has stalled because Tashi won't agree to my demand of $10 million and 15% of the iTunes revenue.

8 million and 10% is my final offer

Do I get to keep the merchandising rights?

-------
Merchandising, where the real money from the podcast is made!
HaloGAF the T-shirt. HaloGAF the lunchbox. HaloGAF the coloring book. HaloGAF... the flamethrower! (Bad kids love it.)

And my favorite, HaloGAF the Doll -- me!
[Pulls string]
"May the Bungie Defense Force be with you!"
Adorable.

Oozer3993

Tell me about it.

Production on the HaloGAF podcast has stalled because Tashi won't agree to my demand of $10 million and 15% of the iTunes revenue.

Tashi locked me in early. He must have seen the big money contracts coming. He signed me for $.42 and a lukewarm hot pocket. Little does he know, I would have settled for a frozen Eggo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Do I get to keep the merchandising rights?

-------
Merchandising, where the real money from the podcast is made!
HaloGAF the T-shirt. HaloGAF the lunchbox. HaloGAF the coloring book. HaloGAF... the flamethrower! (Bad kids love it.)

And my favorite, HaloGAF the Doll -- me!
[Pulls string]
"May the Bungie Defense Force be with you!"
Adorable.

60-40

Tashi locked me in early. He must have seen the big money contracts coming. He signed me for $.42 and a lukewarm hot pocket. Little does he know, I would have settled for a frozen Eggo.

You swindler!!

Actually if this podcast does take off and becomes all awesome and stuff like I hope, we should totally get a HaloGAF Radio shirt made.

That was a good read, he really seems like a great fit.

I still hope he reconsiders his approach to a lack of a main theme, maybe one just hasn't stuck out to him quite yet. Also, I do hope he considers bringing some of Halo's iconic themes back, even as echoes or fingerprints in the soundtrack. I think its fair to say everyone is extremely passionate about the music, and I do think he has the skills, and now it comes down to making some iconic themes for Halo 4. The music can be great but it also needs to stand out, for example Reach had absolutely stellar music..but the themes didn't stand out too much IMO.

Top Bottom