• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Wow, the movement looks truly glorious in that video. Everything looks so fast (good thing). The AR might have to be pared back a little 0_o

Fall damage still sucks in 2012.

TheOddOne

i8uJPJytnc3CE.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think the policy should be the same it has been -- anything released by 343 is fair game.
It's not about "fair game," it's about different people having different thresholds. I don't want to see Campaign + New Enemy stuff, even if it's officially released by 343i. But I do want to see multiplayer (and probably SpOps) stuff. I'm not the only one.

I think a side thread could work. It happens on the gaming side all the time with OTs and Spoiler Threads for the same game. A "Halo 4 MP Hype Thread (No Campaign Spoilers)" thread would be nice, so I don't have to totally ditch HaloGAF for five months (holy shit, guys, Halo 4 comes out in five months!).

I dunno. I'll check with the mods, and continue to seek feedback in this thread. If everyone's cool with it, I'll go ahead and make it, update it, etc. Then you all can choose to use it or not. :)

Love everything about what I saw except fall damage. Screw fall damage. Hopefully with Custom settings to turn fall damage off, it also removes the stun from falling.

TheOddOne

He dropped a few meters and his shields were completely gone. Seems very excessive. In Reach that wouldn't have even cost you any shields.
Looks like the video was cut and pasted. For example:
Scene cuts from here:
ibaeF4J7e6ci4k.jpg

To here (just before he or she drops):
iAEUHiaWQOC98.jpg
My guess is the player fell from the top, but we didn't see the whole part till the point of impact.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ASSIST and KILL notifications in the middle of the screen. So unnecessary, ugly, and distracting. I really hope it's optional / not in the final game.

They should make a weekly in Reach called GoW and give everyone a shotgun and evade.

Pwned. Nubsluts.

Gears isng on MLG anymore for a reason. Its hot garbage. I haven't even unwrapped Gears3 yet.

ASSIST and KILL notifications in the middle of the screen. So unnecessary, ugly, and distracting. I really hope it's optional / not in the final game.

Will be optional in H5. Evolution.

ASSIST

KILL

Seriously Frankie, is this caps bullshit because of the beta stage?

Has to be the most pointless change ever, why take Halo's clean and informative UI and piss all over it :(

It's not about "fair game," it's about different people having different thresholds. I don't want to see Campaign + New Enemy stuff, even if it's officially released by 343i. But I do want to see multiplayer (and probably SpOps) stuff. I'm not the only one.

I think a side thread could work. It happens on the gaming side all the time with OTs and Spoiler Threads for the same game. A "Halo 4 MP Hype Thread (No Campaign Spoilers)" thread would be nice, so I don't have to totally ditch HaloGAF for five months (holy shit, guys, Halo 4 comes out in five months!).

I dunno. I'll check with the mods, and continue to seek feedback in this thread. If everyone's cool with it, I'll go ahead and make it, update it, etc. Then you all can choose to use it or not. :)
There were no real spoiler threads for unreleased games. Why should there be one? People expect that the developer/publisher won't spoil them the full game. At the end the campaign presentation + the stuff 343i shows will be fair game like Dax said. And I do not think that there is a big interest for a "spoiler thread".

Btw People won't be spoiler-tagged it here in the HaloGAF thread. Even weeks after E3.
If you are trying to be in completely blackout for Halo 4, then you have to be more cautious in the next few months.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
They should make a weekly in Reach called GoW and give everyone a shotgun and evade.

Pwned. Nubsluts.

Gears isng on MLG anymore for a reason. Its hot garbage. I haven't even unwrapped Gears3 yet.

To be fair, neither is Halo. ;)

It really is a shame all that MLG seems to care about is SC and LOL. I don't find any entertainment watching LOL at all. At least Halo is fun to watch, but competitive gears turns into a sit around and wait snore fest.

BigShow36

CoD has points pop up in the middle of the screen, so Halo does too now.

To be fair, neither is Halo. ;)

It really is a shame all that MLG seems to care about is SC and LOL. I don't find any entertainment watching LOL at all. At least Halo is fun to watch, but competitive gears turns into a sit around and wait snore fest.

They only "care" about games that have competitive merit. Halo has been terrible since 2 and going downhill ever since. I only want Halo on the circuit if it deserves to be there, meaning the skill-depth is greater than "team shot lol." A little aiming skill would go a very long way.

Can't wait to see the canon explanation for fall damage returning.

We are playing as Spartan IVs in multi, which are more like IIIs (expendable and in massive quantity) than IIs. I'm guessing fall damage is optional and will be off in things like SWAT, and then in campaign Chief gets the Halo 3 treatment where fall damage exists, it's just nerfed to about 10% the usual damage, along with the obvious "if you fall for more than five seconds straight you're dead" thing.

AR looks powerful.

The rocket pistol looks super underpowered

Fall damage :/

Movement looks good.

Hoping the reason for a waypoint on top of the guys head was because it was regicide..

looks better then reach (imo)

How does adding one small word in white text suddenly piss all over the UI?
Can't wait to get my first UNFRIGINBELIEVABLE, shit's gonna be fun but seriously it's not the size but how pointless it is.

In Reach you have this handy text on the left, it tells you "who" killed "who" and with "what"... in H4 it appears to be HUR DURR HEADSHOTZ LULZ.

It's just pointless and inneficent, a step back from previous itinerations.

Obviously they also moved the "press Y to switch for..." text right bellow your reticle, you know... like in COD/BF. This way once you get a kill and go over a weapon BAM!

They're subtle and hard to see, but if you look hard enough you should be able to find them.

Modern-Warfare-3-Bolt-action-L118A-+-Barrett-Sniper-gameplay-MW3-Call-of-duty.jpg
I can't seem to find the... shiiieeet!

I can basically guarantee that the E3 build won't be the current beta ~ February build. No way that they would show that old of a build to journalists and civs at E3.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping the reason for a waypoint on top of the guys head was because it was regicide..
Yeah, I was confused about that, too. I thought it was a weapon drop indicator, but I'm pretty sure it was moving...

I can basically guarantee that the E3 build won't be the current beta ~ February build. No way that they would show that old of a build to journalists and civs at E3.
Yeah, I agree.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The Forward Unto Dawn E3 2012 Hub is now live.

We've decided to open the doors a little bit earlier this year - the real fun doesn't begin until Monday. The Hub will be the only site you need with links to every piece of Halo 4 media released, every hands-on impression and a full and complete summary of all officially released Halo 4 information during E3.

In addition to our forums, we've once again opened up the HaloGAF IRC chatroom.
(Speaking of which, we need some HaloGAFers to be mods!)

So sit back and wait. Not long left to go now.

To give you an idea of what the full Hub will look like when news starts coming in, check out our previous HaloFest Hub.

Dax01 - RE: Red Vs Blue
Even if I don't enjoy it as much, I'm glad they wrapped up the focus on the RvB crew in Season 8, it made for a really satisfying ending, a super high quality scene (with lots of new stuff - the fantastic animation that Monty brought) and gives them a lot more creative freedom.
They've been doing it for 10 years now, most (good) tv shows finish long before that.
I'm glad they're not just doing more old traditional RvB.
I understand what you're saying, but if it's not about Sarge and the gang, and if it isn't about self-parody, then that doesn't scream "Red vs Blue" to me and they should start over and do something else.
I think the proposal in your last post is very messy. If you go ahead and are allowed to do what you want to do, you're still exposing yourself to a potential risk of spoilers. More likely than not, someone, at some point, will accidentally post spoilers about the campaign in the non-spoiler thread, and if you are going to be checking up on that thread regularly, then you'll probably see it. The only sure-fire, 100% way of avoiding campaign spoilers, if that is your ultimate concern, is to go dark right now.

As long as we can talk about whatever we want, sans spoiler tags, in this thread, I'll be fine with whatever.

Top Bottom