• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Overdoziz

Banned
Happy 14th birthday!
i9JKMWO89W1PU.gif

CyReN

Want controversial opinions?

I find it really funny that MLG advertises the hell out of Starcraft Heart of the Swarm beta, but is keeping quiet about something coming up with something I think you would all love going into E3.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Only one of yours I can think of is that you don't like CE very much.

What the hell man

It's true. I can see why others enjoy it so much, and I appreciate what it did for the genre. It just doesn't do it for me. Bring on the reaction gifs

I find it really funny that MLG advertises the hell out of Starcraft Heart of the Swarm beta, but is keeping quiet about something coming up with something I think you would all love going into E3.
Pretty sure I actually know what you're talking about.

CyReN

What the hell man

It's true. I can see why others enjoy it so much, and I appreciate what it did for the genre. It just doesn't do it for me. Bring on the reaction gifs

Pretty sure I actually know what you're talking about.

It isn't just pros playing Halo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What the hell man

No man, I'm right there with you. It was great for its time, but it doesn't hold up well IMO. It's just not that fun, and going back through Anniversary feels like work. I know a lot of people here took forever to finish it, if they even finished it at all.

Going into or coming out of ? Or during?

Woorloog

Banned
No man, I'm right there with you. It was great for its time, but it doesn't hold up well IMO. It's just not that fun, and going back through Anniversary feels like work. I know a lot of people here took forever to finish it, if they even finished it at all.

I need to be in the right mood to play Halo CE(A)... otherwise it does feel like work.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Beaten by Frankie.

All I can say is you guys will love it, I really hate being a tease but I thought they would announce it by now instead of leaving Halo fans in the dark (referring to MLG, not 343i)

Haha dude, you're fine. We've gotten more than used to "it's great, you're going to have to trust us".

Whatever it is, I'm excited. It's not spectator mode, is it?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Strange that Reach isn't at Anaheim isn't it...

I figured that was it, just didn't want to be wrong in case lol.
When are the Anaheim events? And also, I wonder if the players will get some alone time with the game to get familiar with all the new maps/features/weapons. Also wonder if they'll make up their own settings for the event or just go with Halo 4 defaults.

CyReN

Strange that Reach isn't at Anaheim isn't it...

That's not on purpose, west coast events for Halo have always been pretty poor for teams and spectators, plus with no Blizzcon this year this is a perfect opportunity for MLG/Blizzard to do stuff.

Props to all the guys posting pictures of the THC shirts, I'm getting something for each of you guys soon.

It was useless in 3 without melee
I disagree. If I can win a Lone Wolves game against mid 40s solely shooting the AR, it's pretty damn useful. If anything, the AR's damage in 3 is too high when compared to the BR. Reach has a nice balance between AR/Pistol/DMR, where the outcomes seem more dependent on player performance other than using the "right" weapon for the distance between the opponents.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If MLG's going to have a pre-release Halo 4 tournament, I can't help but feel like a Halo 4 public beta is somewhat possible. As ridiculous as it may be. Got to stop letting hype get to me.

Tawpgun

Oh my fuck.

Something to do with settings/playlist/something cool that's built into Halo 4 for competetive players/MLG

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
All I can say is you guys will love it, I really hate being a tease but I thought they would announce it by now instead of leaving Halo fans in the dark (referring to MLG, not 343i)
can i play it?

If not, why would I love it?

That's not on purpose, west coast events for Halo have always been pretty poor for teams and spectators, plus with no Blizzcon this year this is a perfect opportunity for MLG/Blizzard to do stuff.

Props to all the guys posting pictures of the THC shirts, I'm getting something for each of you guys soon.
I hope mine will arrive on Monday. At the moment it is in Jamaica, NY. If it is going to Germany today which I hope, it could be here on Monday.

The creator of the barn video tweeted it. It was quoted in this thread several times as well.

The pics MTW posted were legit. He was involved with the leak in one form or another. All the guys listed are part of hacking communities, and seem to enjoy getting the chance to troll. So he is involved in one way or another, only thing he said that was BS was the 2sk DMR.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The pics MTW posted were legit. He was involved with the leak in one form or another. All the guys listed are part of hacking communities, and seem to enjoy getting the chance to troll. So he is involved in one way or another, only thing he said that was BS was the 2sk DMR.

Dude no, if you're referring to those loadout screens, those WERE NOT legit.

Just compare them to the ones we've seen that ARE legit.

Louis Wu

Right. It's more fair. The Spartan Laser dampens vehicle combat. There are plenty of other ways to take out vehicles now rather than a one-hit kill, easy-to-aim weapon that reaches across any map.
I realize I'm late to this discussion... but it's funny that you talk about the laser as an 'easy-to-aim' weapon; VERY few people are good at it. You, for example, had a total of about a thousand laser kills (out of more than 50,000 total kills) in Halo 3, and only 224 (of more than 25,000) in Reach. You might tell me that you simply never pick it up - but you're not particularly unusual, as far as numbers go, and if nobody actually USES it very much, who CARES how overpowered it is? (I'd argue that the fact that nobody uses it talks to how NOT-overpowered it is... but that's just me.)

All this talk of the laser, I checked my b net stats, apparently I accumulated 4,657 kills in Halo 3 MM.
This is INSANE. (Elzar seems to be one of the people good at it.)

Almost 7% of your Social kills were laser kills. You averaged almost one per game, which, considering how few H3 maps actually HAD a laser on them, seriously blows my mind.

Top Bottom