• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

zap

eh ill edit it out since your making such a deal over it.

First bold is far from true i watch Game of thrones behind everyone else and people like kyle and just now catching up on the series.

Thanks =)

I realise that, I think GoT spoilers shouldn't be in here either, but they happen so often that I don't see that changing. Prometheus is different.

Also, catching up is different than it not being out yet.

Woorloog

Banned
Damn you people! :p

I tend to write it as splaser. Or at least i used to write it as splaser. Can't remember the last time i talked about the splaser as splaser, though. I belive it called the splaser Spartan Laser last time.
But splaser is a okay name.

[splaser]
i wrote splaser 9 times total
[/splaser]

TheOddOne

This cute chick is wearing a low cut shirt on Wheel of Fortune. Spinning dat wheel. Nice.
tumblr_m0f518K5Ts1rnn6wqo1_500.png

Tawpgun

Can't get to OT5 before E3? Challenge accepted.

AR has no place in the weapon sandbox, technically speaking, other than being an easy, base gun to use in close to mid range. You know it to be true.

AR has no place in the weapon sandbox, technically speaking, other than being an easy, base gun to use in close to mid range. You know it to be true.

AR is a perfect spawn weapon for less skilled players.

Dual wielding is a neat features and thou it was cut due to difficulties balancing it with the sandbox and loadouts its one of my most requested returns.

Halo 4 needs the SMG back, i want the Demo to start with chief grabbing a smg and giving some covies hell.

couldn't agree more. also the dmr/br should have enough bullets for 3 kills before reloading. laser is awesome and we need a construct remake.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Someone please explain to me how you can hate on the AR and praise the SMG. That weapon is a miserable piece of shit if I've ever seen one.

Tawpgun

AR is a perfect spawn weapon for less skilled players.

Dual wielding is a neat features and thou it was cut due to difficulties balancing it with the sandbox and loadouts its one of my most requested returns.

Halo 4 needs the SMG back, i want the Demo to start with chief grabbing a smg and giving some covies hell.

Bolded: Yep. The only other purpose it serves is to limit the range of the game and put it into essentially close range or bust.

I'm not saying to remove it. That would be, unfortunately, disastrous for the game. Just stating that I think it serves no other purpose than making it easier for less skilled players.

As for dual wielding HELLL NO. Only if you can develop some useful dual wieldable weapons that aren't AR clones (SMG). The whole point for its axing was to simplify the sandbox. No one picked up a lone plasma rifle. No one picks up a lone spiker/smg. Maybe if they were somehow PACKAGED together ALWAYS.

People that hate the AR are snobs. Weapon is fun to use.
Fun is subjective. I find the gun to be an absolute chore and boring to use.

I can however, see how some people think unloading and spraying a player full a bullets is more fun than trying to hit them precisely.

Woorloog

Banned
What was so wildly different of 3 and Reach's AR? CE's was at its best, where it was a decent cleanup weapon.

3's is satisfying to use, Reach's not. In Halo 3, 6 bullets and a melee and the opponent is dead (and hopefully neither am i, proper movement/attack direction helps). In Reach, well, i usually switch to magnum or go look for another weapon instead of bothering to use that piece of crap called AR.

Oh and i didn't use Halo CE AR as a cleanup weapon, i used it as an Anti-Elite weapon, on Legendary... Headshot grunts and jackals and then charge toward an Elite while firing full auto on it, IIRC full magazine is enough to drop or at least severely weaken Elite Major's shields, finish with melee.

Yeah the AR hasn't been a fun weapon since Halo CE. It was useless in 3 without melee and in Reach it's just boring to use. Precision weapons all day every day.

Yeah the AR hasn't been a fun weapon since Halo CE. It was useless in 3 without melee and in Reach it's just boring to use. Precision weapons all day every day.

I wouldn't say that. There's definitely something satisfying about pulling your AR out in close-range combat when your opponent least expects it and dies from it (sans melee of course). That's been my experience with Team Slayer in Halo 3 for the past half year.

TheOddOne

I wouldn't say that. There's definitely something satisfying about pulling your AR out in close-range combat when your opponent least expects it and dies from it (sans melee of course). That's been my experience with Team Slayer in Halo 3 for the past half year.
I agree with this ugly avatar.

Woorloog

Banned

That does feel great. Also, rushing another AR rusher... but dodging him and gunning him down instead of melee.

Top Bottom