• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png
ryfj.png

Hmm......
probably a forerunner glyph?

Huh. Well near enough.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Let me ask, this audio with MTW might reveal a few things, do you guys want this before the conference or after? I'm thinking plenty of spoiler alerts will be fine, but I'm just curious.

Let me ask, this audio with MCW might reveal a few things, do you guys want this before the conference or after? I'm thinking plenty of spoiler alerts will be fine, but I'm just curious.
If it's SP stuff, do not put it out until after.
It it's MP audio.. warn people but give them the choice.

FyreWulff

So, just installed Windows 8 beta to try. Pretty neat. The ability to start Xbox games from the PC is pretty cool, too bad you can't accept invites that automatically start the game. The closest I can get is having it start Reach (via the disc) then going over to the Xbox and accepting their invite.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Sorry about the MCW typo, but this is all multiplayer stuff. No campaign stuff. This is basically expanded MP info than we've gotten.

monome

If it's SP stuff, do not put it out until after.
It it's MP audio.. warn people but give them the choice.

I don't think a audio transcript will hurt the SP reveal that much, or at least the joy of it.
So close the reveal I'm too weak to resist any spoiler, black bars will done fine in this thread but the info, the juicy bits, will spread like wildfire.

Sorry about the MCW typo, but this is all multiplayer stuff. No campaign stuff. This is basically expanded MP info than we've gotten.

Don't think you're hurting anybody by giving a goodrundown of the MP, don't think the presentation can make everything clear anyways.

Said it in the chat but -
"Personally I think I'd hold on to it until after the conference, because I believe in controlled hype. But most would probably pop it up. Getting people all in a tizzy over MP stuff could easily dampen their perspective on the first 10 minutes."

*shrug*

monome

Said it in the chat but -
"Personally I think I'd hold on to it until after the conference, because I believe in controlled hype. But most would probably pop it up. Getting people all in a tizzy over MP stuff could easily dampen their perspective on the first 10 minutes."

*shrug*

You're brave.
5 hrs to go and I can't fucking wait.

Can't their be middleground in how to provide the info with regards to hype building/deflating. Some facts could be left unsaid if Ryaaan deems them hype overload worth.

So, just installed Windows 8 beta to try. Pretty neat. The ability to start Xbox games from the PC is pretty cool, too bad you can't accept invites that automatically start the game. The closest I can get is having it start Reach (via the disc) then going over to the Xbox and accepting their invite.
has the beta been freezing crashing alot? the consummer preview seemed more stable

FyreWulff

has the beta been freezing crashing alot? the consummer preview seemed more stable

Not the OS itself but I'd had one Win7-era program (Pidgin) crash and had to logout to be able to start it again, then I tried installing a Twitter app from the Win8 store and it just stood there forever saying it's installation was pending. So it looks like they have some rough edges just yet in the apps part.

IE10 is blazingly fast though.

Not the OS itself but I'd had one Win7-era program (Pidgin) crash and had to logout to be able to start it again, then I tried installing a Twitter app from the Win8 store and it just stood there forever saying it's installation was pending. So it looks like they have some rough edges just yet in the apps part.

IE10 is blazingly fast though.
the speed is awesome, but for some reason the latest build keeps fucking up. I'm browsing the net and everything just freezes.

How to start games from Windows 8? Arcade games? I have not really looked into the details of W8.

Homeboyd

It begins. E-Day 2012 has arrived. Clear your schedules, prep your diapers and brace yourselves. The Chief is back... and he's hungry.

Let's fuckin do this!

FyreWulff

How to start games from Windows 8? Arcade games? I have not really looked into the details of W8.

You hit the Xbox Games tile. It asks you to log in with your gamertag email/address.

Then it prompts you to go to Xbox, sign in, then System Settings -> Console Settings and turn "Xbox Companion" to "On". It automatically finds your Xbox after that, then your Xbox will pop up with "<gamertag> connected to Xbox Companion".

Then at that point on the Xbox app on Windows 8, you'll see a tile that says "On your console right now" which shows the current game being played. Then you have your tiles for the games you own. Click one, it pops up all the info like on your 360. Option to "Play on Xbox", clicking that will launch the game on your 360 instantly. If you're already playing a game, it'll ask you if you're sure, then it'll launch it.

I was able to start an XBLA game (Minecraft), a GonD game (Rock Band 3), and a game in the disc tray (Reach) through this.

monome

random yet awesome.

Behold the Zombie Garden Gnome :

Hype is breaching Spleapzstream. My eyes are burning from the anticipated awesomeness.

You hit the Xbox Games tile. It asks you to log in with your gamertag email/address.

Then it prompts you to go to Xbox, sign in, then System Settings -> Console Settings and turn "Xbox Companion" to "On". It automatically finds your Xbox after that, then your Xbox will pop up with "<gamertag> connected to Xbox Companion".

Then at that point on the Xbox app on Windows 8, you'll see a tile that says "On your console right now" which shows the current game being played. Then you have your tiles for the games you own. Click one, it pops up all the info like on your 360. Option to "Play on Xbox", clicking that will launch the game on your 360 instantly. If you're already playing a game, it'll ask you if you're sure, then it'll launch it.

I was able to start an XBLA game (Minecraft), a GonD game (Rock Band 3), and a game in the disc tray (Reach) through this.
Nothing new. It was possible with the Xbox app for WP7 already. But pretty neat. Gives you control what you kids play. Can you only register one console?

kylej

Banned
Off to work. Today is going to be one busy ass day, not looking forward to scanning 800 pages of this thread by 6pm tonight. Good luck Frankie, channel the spirit of Ogre 2 out there if you get nervous.

Homeboyd

Off to work. Today is going to be one busy ass day, not looking forward to scanning 800 pages of this thread by 6pm tonight. Good luck Frankie, channel the spirit of Ogre 2 out there if you get nervous.
Not going to be able to break for lunch?

kylej

Banned
Not going to be able to break for lunch?

Lunch at the office is usually spent watching The Daily Show on the projector in our conference room.

We have the be the only small commercial finance firm in the country who watches ~*liberal media*~ at work lol. I'll sneak some bathroom breaks hopefully.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I feel you man, I'm off to my internship right now. Can't wait to come back and start watching videos and reading.

It begins. E-Day 2012 has arrived. Clear your schedules, prep your diapers and brace yourselves. The Chief is back... and he's hungry.

Let's fuckin do this!

I'm in a hospital.

1 more sleep for me I think, someone gimme a pm if anything limited hits the marketplace! I'll set Xbox.com to download it.

I still have the blind hope there will be a beta!

Recarpo

I feel you man, I'm off to my internship right now. Can't wait to come back and start watching videos and reading.

I'm off to my internship too. I get to learn and use super exciting cisco equipment all morning. Good luck to any of you 343 guys doing any early morning lurking.

I was so happy that this year, I thought I had no committments when the breifing is on. I've just realised I'm going to have to miss the first 45 mins of the conference. FML. Frankles I will give you all kinds of pills and hookers if you don't put Halo 4 in that time period.

It's going to be first up isn't it....

Are there any good mobile streaming sites?
Xbox said they're streaming on Mobile.
I was so happy that this year, I thought I had no committments when the breifing is on. I've just realised I'm going to have to miss the first 45 mins of the conference. FML. Frankles I will give you all kinds of pills and hookers if you don't put Halo 4 in that time period.

Welp. Have fun.

Halo 4 starts the conference :/

Top Bottom