• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Fuchsdh

Fuck Halo Nation, Halopedia is so much better. http://www.halopedian.com/Durance

So, undead Forerunners driving robotic bodies that have somewhat demonic looks called Promethean Knights.

I wonder if we get to meet live Forerunners, friendly ones that is.

I imagine the number of living Prometheans would be slight--wouldn't most of them have died fighting the Flood?

As to other Forerunner ranks, your guess is as good as mine.

Woorloog

Banned
I imagine the number of living Prometheans would be slight--wouldn't most of them have died fighting the Flood?

As to other Forerunner ranks, your guess is as good as mine.

Maybe there are not many Forerunners left... but they can survive long times in Cryptums.
Also, i think the Anniversary Terminals indicated The Librarian is still alive. I doubt she'd be antagonistic towards humans.

CyReN

So much content.

Also if you missed it:
Now onto the juicy stuff, Halo Pros will be playing Halo 4 mutliplayer with observers/reporters tomorrow afternoon, not sure if they can get footage but Gamespot will be recording some stuff to broadcast over MLG Anaheim weekend. Now I have NO IDEA why MLG would do this since there will be a 2% Halo fan population there but be on the lookout for that MLG weekend.

J10

Banned
Fuck Halo Nation, Halopedia is so much better. http://www.halopedian.com/Durance

So, undead Forerunners driving robotic bodies that have somewhat demonic looks called Promethean Knights.

I wonder if we get to meet live Forerunners, friendly ones that is.

Well, I like the idea of them being, as you just said, 'undead.' It would help justify the glowing skull, to make them kinda ghostly. I'm struggling to make sense of their appearance.

feel

watched campaign demo and B-Rolls

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Everything looks great and sound so good! :O

So good to have Chief/Cortana back and in such great fashion. Not a fan of Cortana-cam, something weird about seeing her displayed as she speaks, I hope they keep that to a minimum during gameplay :(

Shit even the MP footage made me hyped as fuck. So meaty!

Gui_PT

Shocked me too.

Armor locking the Ghost on the beach before the Sabre takeoff. The Elite that walks in front of the player. The spartans taking out the covies on the beach.

Demo gameplay man. Not indicative of the rest by any means.

This always happens. They want to show you something specific so scripting it is the best way to be sure it happens.

We've seen this in other halos and the scriptedness...ess was not in the final version of the games

Thermite

The game looks really impressive, visually, for a console game. The forerunner weapon animations are particularly awesome. I can only hope and pray that the multiplayer gameplay is good; it would be nice to play a Halo game again.

kylej

Banned
I'm pretty hyped that we get to fight Ghost Rider in the campaign

ghostrider.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
That's what you get after years and years of fiction fans whining about how the gameplay should reflect the strength of the Spartan in the books... A lot of QTEs that take a lot of control from your hands and will in all likelihood be really annoying to have to sit hrough during repeated playthroughs.

One minor stupid critique: I didn't like the way the announcer said overkill, and his double kill wasn't fantastic either. But maybe I'm just conditioned to like the old way because of the association it has to kicking ass in previous halo games.

Korosenai

They have a free stream, I know 343i guys will be there Friday at the event for sure. I really don't know how many Halo fans will be there.
Hopefuly its more than about ten minutes worth, and maybe a best of 7 replay or something along those lines

Homeboyd

One minor stupid critique: I didn't like the way the announcer said overkill, and his double kill wasn't fantastic either. But maybe I'm just conditioned to like the old way because of the association it has to kicking ass in previous halo games.
Placeholder? Not being a sarcastic ass.. I'm just assuming it's a possibility. Same with the medals.

That's what you get after years and years of fiction fans whining about how the gameplay should reflect the strength of the Spartan in the books... A lot of QTEs that take a lot of control from your hands and will in all likelihood be really annoying to have to sit hrough during repeated playthroughs.

Can't say I'm a fan of those cinematic gameplay sections either, just on a concept level that no matter what difficulty, or how many times you play the game, it's always gonna play out the exact same way and take control away from you.

Fuchsdh

If this is 1/3th into the campaign, does that mean we'll be fighting the covenant till then?

I dunno. The fact that we knew who the Didact was suggests we fight non-Covenant enemies at some point prior, but the demo wasn't any good because it was scripted up so that it appeared you only met them that level. I imagine it might be different in the final game.

So yeah, AAs seem to recharge as the player obtains medals. That seems like a good way to limit the use of them somewhat. You can run away from a battle once, but you're going to need to win one before you can run again.

What's the icon immediately above the radar, does anyone know?

Edit: Waaaait, that box is ordnance! lol. Fuck me, the other icon is the AA haha.

Top Bottom