• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

That new helmet in the press center screenshots is bad ass.

edit: thanks OddOne

jbw9qTcyaBsImI.jpg

It won't be, no chance. I have no hope of assassinations being toggle-able either.
Prove me wrong 343.
If only they knew the difference between tapping and holding the button, I swear I always get the assasination animation even when I clearly tapped it, ALWAYS.

Atleast they look to be faster and more agile now but yeah, it'd be a really nice option for traditional multiplayer.

In one of those War Games clips, someone was stuck, then died, and the sticky dropped and fell back on the thrower.

Thruster pack into assassination looked pretty cool, lots of gif material here.

Risen

You're like that guy in his van while I played soccer as a kid and awkwardly waved at me as my parents ushered me way telling me to stay away from people like them. <3

D6m32.png

I have some friends, whose MLG team is called The Van... after just that sorta thing.

Creepy.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, the Plasma Pistol shots sound wayyyyy different. They sound threatening, and not like a pea shooter.

There was a clip where someone does a beat down on another and there's an instant explosion. Wonder if it was just the editing that omitted a grenade being thrown, or if there's a perk similar to Martyrdom or something.

CyReN

Mrs Violence is commentating? What a crock of shit, she bashed the Halo community a month back and got on the CoD bandwagon, what a joke.

There was a clip where someone does a beat down on another and there's an instant explosion. Wonder if it was just the editing that omitted a grenade being thrown, or if there's a perk similar to Martyrdom or something.
For the love of all things sacred please no. Not this. Can't be. No.

*shakes head*

Goddamn at those menus. If those are the genuine in-game ones it looks like they've already blown the past Halo games out of the water by miles.

Ramirez

MP is giving me vibes of H3, I still believe bloom and movement nerfs hurt Reach more than AA's did. Liking what I see personally.

So Spartan Ops really looks like COD Spec Ops in terms of scale and bite-sized battle scenarios. Just woven together instead of presented as stand-alone missions.

At least from what we've been shown.

I still wonder whether these spaces are recycled from campaign, or whether we'll download new content each week.

I doubt it because it was the instant someone died, but who knows.
Yeah, not actually worried about it. Just the thought of it as a possibility for one second hurt my brain though.

Multiplayer looks much better. No regrets pre-ordering limited edition, VERY happy with what I'm seeing. But...

Ordinance drops look potentially game breaking...I really hope 343 has tested a scenario in which one team has no idea what they're doing and the other team is constantly calling down ordinance drops..

Thruster + Sword = Deadly. It literally looked like he lunged 30 feet for the assassination. Seems a little too powerful.

Still hate the text in the middle, but I'll deal I guess.

ZalinKrow

I don't really see what's so bad about the ordinance drop... I mean, the options he has aren't exactly OP, are they? I mean, one of them is only a Needler :p

Top Bottom