• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Ramirez

The shield reminds me of the one from Gears, AKA something no good player will ever bother picking up. Could be interesting for storming a base on an objective, one way of assaulting campers who refuse to leave their base.

kylej

Banned
wow 0/3 on the multiplayer map first impression, maybe they'll play better. waiting for Pro impressions. Just don't like any of the art styles at all and I'm not digging any part of the layouts I see in those brief clips.

Just want to re-iterate, bigger does not equal better when it comes to Halo maps. Sacrificing playability for map aesthetics was a trap Bungie fell into. Don't keep down the Condemned and Highlands map, 343.

Lockout, Midship, The Pit, etc. Clean, simple, and small enough to be able to force and hold map control. BTB maps should be like Valhalla, large yet contained and aesthetically pleasing. I don't care about maps made for people who read Halo novels, I like maps that are fun to play on.

oh yeah and text in the middle of the screen is absolutely awful, btw. Toggle. PLEASE let there be a toggle for it.

Spawnling

DTrXK.jpg
Click to make bigger

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

LOL

wow 0/3 on the multiplayer map first impression, maybe they'll play better. waiting for Pro impressions. Just don't like any of the art styles at all and I'm not digging any part of the layouts I see in those brief clips.

Just want to re-iterate, bigger does not equal better when it comes to Halo maps. Sacrificing playability for map aesthetics was a trap Bungie fell into. Don't keep down the Condemned and Highlands map, 343.

Lockout, Midship, The Pit, etc. Clean, simple, and small enough to be able to force and hold map control. BTB maps should be like Valhalla, large yet contained and aesthetically pleasing. I don't care about maps made for people who read Halo novels, I like maps that are fun to play on.

oh yeah and text in the middle of the screen is absolutely awful, btw. Toggle. PLEASE let there be a toggle for it.

100% agree. Well, 90%. I like most of the art design choices.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I actually agree with you! (except for the text bit at the end).

I love me some big maps, but hope they also have the small ones.

Holiday

Banned
Did you/are you getting Premium?
There was first person with HUD of the DMR in yesterday's B-roll. The bloom never expanded outside the outside circle and what very quick. It's clearly just a visual indicator on when you can fire again.
It was two shots, and inconclusive as to whether it reset all of the way after the first. Even OG Reach bloom looks inconsequential after two shots.

789shadow

Banned

How the fuck do you make any legitimate assertions about those maps from what we saw. Jesus christ.

That Pistol Nade gun looks like its going to be abusable, am I right in thinking that once you lay down a trip mine with it, that the screen alerts you when someone is near it? People could easily potentially camp and set traps with that thing, then again the Reach Pro-Pipe had similar functionality and didnt really lead to camping, so I hope they get the balance right.

It will be awesome sticking an enemy spartan with it and then holding on and not exploding them until they run into a teammate or something lol.

It appears to be exactly like the Grenade Launcher.

mtw lied to us about the dmr. how could he

First impression that wasn't glowing about the DMR.

Fuchsdh

Those who wanted their goofy H3 armor perms back:

sLLLt.png

I'd say your wishes have been granted.

Not the armor I'd have wanted, but some consistency is nice.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Multiplayer looks like a lot a fun. Still waiting to get a full, untouched match. Just so I could get a sense of how the respawns are, the weapon drops, the loadouts and map flow is. Tough to tell from that montage, although sexy.

Seems like all the guns are pretty cool too. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

When is the IGN demo or Gamespot one? Whichever?

kylej

Banned
How the fuck do you make any legitimate assertions about those maps from what we saw. Jesus christ.

Learn to read, dipshit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Unlock proper control scheme with 200,000,000 Spartan Points?

Risen

Not saying you can "know" one hundred percent what something is going to play like from such brief footage... but players with a certain bent can certainly immediately tell if it's a map in the vein of Pit, Midship, Lockout vs a map like Condemned, Ghost Town, or Tempest.

Read the rest of his post again about simple uncluttered layouts that are not over-large.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Maybe it will have a reduced blast radius to balance out the ease of use.

That's the same thought I have, especially looking at it detonate.

Just to keep it real here, I've been an MLG fan since the Halo 2 days and I only really know U4ix from THC.

That's all I'm going to say.

Oh, I get you 100%, like I said, I understand the hate for Mrs. Violence, but not for the other two.

malfcn

Something wrong with Waypoint? I launch and it asked me to DL and new version. When I load it, it asks me again to DL, but they I can play it. Then it loads and gives me a Kinect error. What the? I can't use Waypoint with my Kinect turned off.

Avinexus

Just to keep it real here, I've been an MLG fan since the Halo 2 days and I only really know U4ix from THC.

That's all I'm going to say.

Apparently u4iX thinks having a Halo news site for a few months does more for Halo than being on various television shows, bottles of soda, etc. lol

Top Bottom