• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Stuff

-Will consider the LE, case looks awesome, will be nice to get the DLC without having to pay for it later. Now lets hope for two things on that, it doesn't take a year for those 3 packs to come out, and we don't get fucked with awful DLC implementation as we have for the past two Halo games.
-Gameplay looks hawt.
-Weapon skins, not surprising, and pretty cool I think.
-Cool to see that Spartan Ops will be weekly.
-Can't say I'm a fan of people getting specializations before others just cause they got the LE.
-Excited to see all this stuff in action at E3.
-Bungie's studio is incredible! Wow

G17

The body physics are awesome.. teabagging friends will be fun again. Loving the amazingly beefy BR sound at 2:02 of the Walmart gamecenter video btw.

Overdoziz

Banned
jbx5gHmVhNsFeH.png

Ryaaan14

Banned
Crazy about no Legendary. Makes little sense, and kind of depressing really.

And I feel terrible for people who don't get the LE. Ridiculously packed with bonuses for the price.

Weapon skins? Fuck.

Armor skins? :_D

6 free specializations? :_|

3 free maps? For the love of god, we should have been doing this years ago.

Tawpgun

Gameplay looked meh to be honest.

I equate that to the BR sound and skill of whoever was playing. Where my 4 shots at? Core gameplay is looking better than Reach though. Still have to see what effect the new stuff will have on it.

Also what's with the lame death animations? I much prefered it when they would ragdoll in the air after a headshot.

Overall the gameplay looked pretty great in that video. I must say, though, that the text in the middle of the screen was very distracting. Maybe it's more prominent because I'm not playing? I dunno.

Proelite

Getting specializations early just means we're missing out on the joy of unlocking them. Any way to turn down the early specializations?

Ken

With Gamestop I can play it about 30 minutes after it comes out.

With Amazon I'll play it whenever the UPS man feels like dropping it on my doorstep.

Valid points if you hate getting proper sleep and have nothing else to do while waiting.

CyReN

Wondering if the "Headshot" will have a toggle to get rid of it, my feeling is you won't notice it really when playing but will when you watch gameplay.

Getting specializations early just means we're missing out on the joy of unlocking them. Any way to turn down the early specializations?
it'll probably be a code to input before you play the game. Give the code away to some poor college kid who spent all his parent's money on drugs.

With Gamestop I can play it about 30 minutes after it comes out.

With Amazon I'll play it whenever the UPS man feels like dropping it on my doorstep.
Best Buy. I got the Legendary edition of Reach for standard price on release night because the poor kid scanned the wrong bar code. yay me

Arnie

I really don't like the BR sound. It's extremely muffled and I just can't relate to these 'beefy' comments. Definitely sounds suppressed. Doesn't remind me of the BR at all.

The gun looks as weak as it sounds too. I really don't understand the need to move it to a 5-shot either. Sure, to tweak it in line with other weapons, but I'd much rather the kill times not be painfully long.

LE looks sexy though, definitely purchasing.

Crazy about no Legendary. Makes little sense, and kind of depressing really.

And I feel terrible for people who don't get the LE. Ridiculously packed with bonuses for the price.

Weapon skins? Fuck.

Armor skins? :_D

6 free specializations? :_|

3 free maps? For the love of god, we should have been doing this years ago.
9 free maps. 9.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd assume you enter a code for the limited edition content... so if you refrain from doing that...
BTW, are weapon skins MP only or are they also in campaign? And please tell me they can be toggled off at any time, some games had these fucking awful permament skins (Red Faction Guerrilla and the fucking golden hammer in campaign...)

I really don't like the BR sound. It's extremely muffled and I just can't relate to these 'beefy' comments. Definitely sounds suppressed. Doesn't remind me of the BR at all.

The gun looks as weak as it sounds too. I really don't understand the need to move it to a 5-shot either. Sure, to tweak it in line with other weapons, but I'd much rather the kill times not be painfully long.

LE looks sexy though, definitely purchasing.

Wait. The BR isn't a four shot anymore? Either this was announced recently or I plum forgot about it.

Ryaaan14

Banned
What what what?
The things always sell out, so it's strange they wouldn't give people a $150 bundle they're asking for. And idk man. I like other video games, but the Halo series is the only one I ever go crazy stupid on with spending. So it is kind of sad to miss out on that huge packaging this time around.

broony

The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations

Three locations to forge in? To spec ops in? Sounds weird to say three new multiplayer maps and they all look different.

Hyped for limited edition.

9 free maps. 9.
Not free. Discounted price, maybe. Not free.

The things always sell out, so it's strange they wouldn't give people a $150 bundle they're asking for. And idk man. I like other video games, but the Halo series is the only one I ever go crazy stupid on with spending. So it is kind of sad to miss out on that huge packaging this time around.
What country do you live in? They never sell out in the states; there are still Legendary Reach editions at my local Best Buy in Austin.

Arnie

Wait. The BR isn't a four shot anymore? Either this was announced recently or I plum forgot about it.

It was either in the podcast or from the MLG write up, but yes, the BR is now a 5-shot. Such an arbitrary and meaningless change that just seems included to change things up. Like the baffling decision to have weapons drop from space.

But does it kill an enemy as fast as Halo 3 BR killed an enemy with 4 shot?
Not unless they've vastly jacked up the fire rate.

There was just something in that clip that looked off. There was a shot where in Halo 3 it would have stripped his shield and headshotted him in one, something that was immensely satisfying; but here the shield stripped and he needed yet another shot to finish him. That, from a purely visual perspective just smacked of Reach to me.

Not free. Discounted price, maybe. Not free.

What country do you live in? They never sell out in the states; there are still Legendary Reach editions at my local Best Buy in Austin.
The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

It sounds that the maps will be free. For me at least.

Wondering if the "Headshot" will have a toggle to get rid of it, my feeling is you won't notice it really when playing but will when you watch gameplay.

Yeah I don't really think it's a big deal. Battlefield 3 has massive text and images all of the screen (including right in the middle) all the time, but when I'm actually playing, I don't notice it at all.

hahahahaha

I'm not sure why I found that so funny.

I believe one of the MLG guys that got to play confirmed it. Unfortunately.

I'm going to blame that on being at the event, as he also said the 8 clip mag Magnum was a 6sk. Not calling him a liar, I just think it's pretty easy to get a wrong impression at an event like that with little time playing the game. The BR has a 36 round mag (12 bursts), why would they have a 5sk with 12 bursts?

Arnie

Guys, Frankie already said the BR sound in that clip was from the conan b-roll piece. No worries.

Is there something I'm missing with that though? Sure, they reduced the audio levels when editing the Conan piece to not overawe Conan's voice, but that footage looked and sounded like a direct feed capture.

Is there something I'm missing with that though? Sure, they reduced the audio levels when editing the Conan piece to not overawe Conan's voice, but that footage looked and sounded like a direct feed capture.
With the sound turned down in the clip, I thought the BR sounded really similar to the Halo3 AR, lol, except in bursts.

The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

It sounds that the maps will be free. For me at least.
It's all in how you want to look at it, I guess. I see a Season Pass bundled in the LE (which is great, no argument there), you see free product included with one very expensive video game. ;-)

FyreWulff

Did Gears Of War 3 not get any free map packs with the Season pass?

Technically no. Besides their fuckup with some of the maps being on disc, requiring them to save face and allow people to play on the first map pack free (but without any of the extra features)

edit: i'm interpreting this as "did gears have any free map packs come out"

Tawpgun

Technically no. Besides their fuckup with some of the maps being on disc, requiring them to save face and allow people to play on the first map pack free (but without any of the extra features)

edit: i'm interpreting this as "did gears have any free map packs come out"

Umm. I got the season pass at PAX and DL'd all that shit for free.

Top Bottom