• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 4 Campaign way too easy and catered to casuals: CONFIRMED

All joking aside, it was a fun little clip to watch. Nothing new unfortunately, but whatever.. time to go to bed east coast/midwest brothers.

I'm just happy Halo 4 is getting exposure it deserves on late night shows etc.

Watch Jimmy try and aim...

My favorite part.

Josh: "The return of MC"

1 dude claps.

Could of demoed that in my room and you would of received a bigger response.

Lol yeah. Crazy when on the same show you get a bigger reaction from a lame toothpick joke than the return of MASTER FUCKING CHIEF.

Josh: "Return of Master Chief."

Audience:
175x144px-LL-b002f290_who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
Lol at Fallon:

"You got a bunch of presh. How are you going to top yourselves with Halo 4?"
Guess he doesn't know this is 343's first Halo game.

Still, that AR sounds so good. The Light Rifle as well sounds nice.

blamite

Well that was pretty much what we all expected. Funny to see the scripted stuff like the Watcher dying and the crawlers exploding going off without the expected player input.

Still nice to see something like this, the way Josh made Spartan Ops such a big point makes me think it'll be a large part of 343's marketing going forward. Hopefully it really does it's job and gets players to come back week after week.

Tawpgun

Well that was pretty much what we all expected. Funny to see the scripted stuff like the Watcher dying and the crawlers exploding going off without the expected player input.

Still nice to see something like this, the way Josh made Spartan Ops such a big point makes me think it'll be a large part of 343's marketing going forward. Hopefully it really does it's job and gets players to come back week after week.

Yeah...

I hope thats not final...

TheOddOne

Yeah, I'm sure that everything about that demo was suuuper scripted to make sure nothing could go wrong while showing off all the new stuff they needed to show. That level will definitely be way more open in the final version.
The enemy encounters for most part look good already. Third time I've seen the demo played and each time different things happend.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Tourney list is updated again with everyone that entered today. Tomorrow will likely be the last day for signups. Everyone with a question mark next to their name, please clarify whether you'll play or not. Don't worry, schedules will be accommodated. Even if you didn't really express interest, check the list, I may have accidentally put you down, lol.

Here's my list, and I'm guessing Mister Negative will update his spreadsheet accordingly. kittens, pm me ideas on organization for this. Anyone that wants to help organize is much appreciated. Also, Ghal, please add this to the OP, if you don't mind.

We. Will. Do this!

Tourney list is updated again with everyone that entered today. Tomorrow will likely be the last day for signups. Everyone with a question mark next to their name, please clarify whether you'll play or not. Don't worry, schedules will be accommodated. Even if you didn't really express interest, check the list, I may have accidentally put you down, lol.

Here's my list, and I'm guessing Mister Negative will update his spreadsheet accordingly. kittens, pm me ideas on organization for this. Anyone that wants to help organize is much appreciated. Also, Ghal, please add this to the OP, if you don't mind.

We. Will. Do this!

Tourney?

Fracas

#fuckonami

Yep, we're doing a HaloGAF Reach tourney. Each round is best of 3, in this order: TU Arena Slayer DMRs, TU CTF, and TU Arena DMRs as the tiebreaker (at least I think, still finalizing those details. May do MLG settings if a consensus is reached). I'd like to do 4v4, but we may pare it down to 3v3 to ease scheduling issues. The way teams will be decided (still sort of up in the air, but will likely be done this way) is:

I/kittens/any other volunteers will sort the players into pools based on K/D, BPR, and win percentage. Then, teams will be balanced skill wise.

We also thought about dividing into skill divisions and doing separate tourneys. We may go that route, there's over 60 signups I think.
You want in?

Fracas

#fuckonami
While that is really the only way to make teams fairly, none of those stats truly reflect player skill.

I'm looking at playlists played as well. MLG guys will be ranked accordingly, as will those that frequent grifball/living dead, etc. I'll probably also look at weapon stats. I would do Halo 3/Arena ranks, but there's a lot of people that didn't/don't play those extensively.

edit: If you guys want, I can add those stats to the list.

Ryaaan14

Banned
http://www.gamespot.com/features/fr.../?tag=Topslot;FromSamusToLara;FromSamusToLara

Interesting article, but I think the video game industry represents both genders poorly. Most male characters are cliche too. I don't think the game industry will ever rid itself of such cliches entirely, but I would definitely like to see females and males treated more appropriately. I saw a nice trend of a more refined approach to characters at e3. Last of Us, Tomb Raider, etc.

One of the things I really appreciate about Halo is how Chief and Cortana are handled. They don't particularly fit neatly into a certain category and they are very odd characters, but they aren't so far removed from pop culture that they fall into the obscure.

Though, there is still a lot to improve on.
It's her first day back off a ban, you know she's not gonna go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom