• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we're doing a HaloGAF Reach tourney. Each round is best of 3, in this order: TU Arena Slayer DMRs, TU CTF, and TU Arena DMRs as the tiebreaker (at least I think, still finalizing those details. May do MLG settings if a consensus is reached). I'd like to do 4v4, but we may pare it down to 3v3 to ease scheduling issues. The way teams will be decided (still sort of up in the air, but will likely be done this way) is:

I/kittens/any other volunteers will sort the players into pools based on K/D, BPR, and win percentage. Then, teams will be balanced skill wise.

We also thought about dividing into skill divisions and doing separate tourneys. We may go that route, there's over 60 signups I think.
You want in?

Yessum.

It's her first day back off a ban, you know she's not gonna go there.

I was discussing this in two separate threads in gaming though.

I think the Halo 3 Magnum may literally be the most useless weapon in any video game. Ever.
But you can dual wield it!

oqguf.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
My favorite dual wielding combo in Halo 3 was always the plasma rifle/SMG. Plasma rifle for the shields, SMG for the health. I don't think it was the fastest killing combo though.

I actually miss dual wielding.

Don't get me wrong though, Halo 3 is my favorite Halo game.
Brofist.jpg

Ryaaan14

Banned
My favorite dual wielding combo in Halo 3 was always the plasma rifle/SMG. Plasma rifle for the shields, SMG for the health. I don't think it was the fastest killing combo though.

I actually miss dual wielding.

Brofist.jpg

That was literally the only combo that was good to dual wield right there.

One sleep.

Until what?

It's supposed to be a SIDE-ARM. You spawn with it. The amount of times I've taken someones shields of way in advance of them doing so to me, switch to side-arm (usually AR) realize it's the Magnum, put down controller and wait to respawn

Bungie stresses "sidearm" weapons, makes it take 5 seconds to switch weapons, rendering any second weapon, no matter how powerful completely useless.

BALANCE

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ding.

Didn't mean to excite anyone, I've mentioned it a few times now. Tomorrow is my last day at work before an eight week break. :D

To bed.
Daaaamn, two months! I remember you mentioning that before, but still: daaaamn. Hope you enjoy it! Sometimes I feel like long breaks can leave me feeling anxious or bored, especially when I'm used to an intense work schedule. But they can also feel amazingly relaxing and rejuvenating. I have to remember to embrace having nothing in particular to do, and enjoy the slower pace.

Do you have any cool plans?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly have/had no idea what you were talking about. But I found this gem in the process of researching. lol
Whoaaa, the way the haunted mansion music slowly melded in with the movie's music totally freaked me out. I thought I was imagining at first, haha.

Also: Hook is an amazing movie.

It's supposed to be a SIDE-ARM. You spawn with it. The amount of times I've taken someones shields of way in advance of them doing so to me, switch to side-arm (usually AR) realize it's the Magnum, put down controller and wait to respawn
I remember when the pistol wasn't a side-arm weapon :(

Never forget!
images

It is a sidearm and a reliable at that, not a primary.

My post still stands.

Secondary or no, that is horrible. If primary's get 3 kills per clip, a secondary can get 2. Barely one with a high rate of fire (w/ recoil and bloom), meaning your chances of missing a few shots are pretty high, and it appears the game still have very slow weapon switch times.

Wolf is sad.

I never missed a shot due to bloom. Even though bloom is visible, I ignored it and I wasn't punished for it. Ever. DMR included.

That is good news, although you should consider that you were playing on LAN.

That is good that you enjoyed it more than Reach's Magnum, but the combination of the things I listed make for a pretty damn useless weapon in the large scheme of things, and that's taking into account that it's a secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom