• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadders

so, if spartan ops takes place 6 months after the halo 4 campaign, should the campaign be completed before playing spartan ops to avoid spoilers?

Gutted to hear they won't be at GC, I'd booked flights. :\

Hopefully they'll show up at Eurogamer, which I've booked a hotel for.

Would be a right kick in the nuts if they don't show at either event, there isn't even another game I really want to play.

JonCha

Gutted to hear they won't be at GC, I'd booked flights. :\

Hopefully they'll show up at Eurogamer, which I've booked a hotel for.

Would be a right kick in the nuts if they don't show at either event, there isn't even another game I really want to play.

Where are you staying for Eurogamer Shadders?

Hey You

I wonder if I install the ODST multiplayer disk to one of my xboxes, then use the halo 3 campaign disk on that Xbox all the maps would show up? :p

GhaleonEB

I can't help it. Seeing 15 posts per day of Kyle sarcastically trolling 343 and Halo 4 is starting to slowly drive me insane. Why even stick around if you think the game sucks? Since, you know, we've all played it.

I'm pretty sure what he does is listed right in those forum rules someone posted yesterday.

That is why jesus created the ignore button

Why anyone would be bothered by anything Kyle says is beyond me.

Kyle isn't trolling 343, he is trolling you guys. He is repeating the same things, literally hundreds of times, or moving the goalposts to invent new criticism. This is his hobby. When his criticism is valid, its not new, but you're letting him dominate conversation with endless repetition or absurd straw men. After realizing he was literally just here to remind everyone how bad everything is - including things that never existed, I put him on ignore - but that barely works because of the frequency he does his hobby and the frequency at which his repetition is quoted.

His post history is amazing.

I've had him on Ignore since late 2007 or so. I really don't understand why folks get upset about a perpetual troll (and yes, he's trolling us, and has from day 1). Black him out and move on. The thread is much more pleasant that way.

kylej

Banned
holy shit I get out of a meeting and people have posted a lot. Anyway, I don't troll at all. I feel like I post more relevant stuff than 98% of this thread, the actual legitimate discussion of Halo 4 that followed my last post - whether you disagree with it or not - was a nice change of pace from gifs and stupid bullshit. What I say is no different than what I and other people have been saying in these threads for years, except now the hype train is in full swing and Frankie has this bizarre cult of personality aura around him so everything negative gets blown out of proportion. Seriously people, look at what I'm saying, I'm really not requesting radical changes, I'm not expecting the impossible, I don't understand the constant crying every time I post.

anyway, juices buy Gold I want to play Reach tonight and poop on people

heckfu

Banned
holy shit I get out of a meeting and people have posted a lot. Anyway, I don't troll at all. I feel like I post more relevant stuff than 98% of this thread, the actual legitimate discussion of Halo 4 that followed my last post - whether you disagree with it or not - was a nice change of pace from gifs and stupid bullshit. What I say is no different than what I and other people have been saying in these threads for years, except now the hype train is in full swing and Frankie has this bizarre cult of personality aura around him so everything negative gets blown out of proportion. Seriously people, look at what I'm saying, I'm really not requesting radical changes, I'm not expecting the impossible, I don't understand the constant crying every time I post.

anyway, juices buy Gold I want to play Reach tonight and poop on people

I at least like your sentence structure. A+ for syntax.

People divide opinions to much in one either being an pessimist or optimist. I’m in the middle myself, some things I’m super exited and other things worry me about the game. The problem however, some steer so much in one direction that is really tiring when they bring the same point over and over again.

Every little bit of news that comes is looked at from such a negative point of view, often masked by ridiculous hyperbole. It’s not that their opinion is invalid, it’s just the repeating is annoying and unnecessarily created this divide in the community. Actually discuss and rationalize your point instead of flinging it like poop at the wall and see who is going to complain about it.

Kyle always does a decent job of throwing down decent points, sure they are wrapped in sarcasm but I see decent content there to go along with that vitriol

See the thing is, except for the campaign stuff a lot of what we have seen so far just doesn't look or sound very good, you can't suger coat that and when you have been playing the series for 10 years your going to be a little dissapointed when it seems like the core design philosophy goes against what you like. Personally I think I just don't care enough to bitch here daily but I see why Kyle has such a dark tone with his posts, and agree with the meat behind the sarcasm.

I'm personally waiting for the game to be in my hands before making my mind up, but it's not hard to draw projections based on what we have seen.

Seems pretty accurate
ibwkxjhepxv6HO.png

Given:
oyk0m.jpg

Kyle always does a decent job of throwing down decent points, sure they are wrapped in sarcasm but I see decent content there to go along with that vitriol

See the thing is, except for the campaign stuff a lot of what we have seen so far just doesn't look or sound very good, you can't suger coat that and when you have been playing the series for 10 years your going to be a little dissapointed when it seems like the core design philosophy goes against what you like. Personally I think I just don't care enough to bitch here daily but I see why Kyle has such a dark tone with his posts, and agree with the meat behind the sarcasm.

I'm personally waiting for the game to be in my hands before making my mind up, but it's not hard to draw projections based on what we have seen.

Are you saying you like Kyle's meat?

heckfu

Banned
It just kept going and going...

it was like some kind of sick nightmare you couldn't wake up from

Who thought that was a good idea for 15 minutes, instead of maybe, IDK, showing some damn Vita games!?

Haha, damnit, I missed it and your original post about it and was like, 'well shit, I guess I missed a good demo.'

And then I see this post and see I've been Shanghai'd!

Shadders

I don't get this. Why would you attend Eurogamer and not Gamescom. Isn't Gamescom more visited by people?

Maybe Eurogamer is seen as a better event, now? It's in London (in the nicest area of London too), Microsoft are more popular in UK than anywhere else in Europe, a lot of the PR and stuff is based in London.

There were a lot of really good developer seminars and stuff last year.

No, I can still see yours :p
I'm not ignoring you!

I actually don't like the idea of putting people on ignore, unless they're some kind of spam bot (pretty unlikely on GAF) or obviously trolling (less likely to go on for very long on GAF). I don't believe kyle is perpetually trolling, just that he is passionate, sarcastic, but somewhat ignorant on matters of design.

Ken

I'm not ignoring you!

I actually don't like the idea of putting people on ignore, unless they're some kind of spam bot (pretty unlikely on GAF) or obviously trolling (less likely to go on for very long on GAF). I don't believe kyle is perpetually trolling, just that he is passionate, sarcastic, but somewhat ignorant on matters of design.

I enjoy playing Reach with him (so I can get carried) so I don't really mind his posts.

TheOddOne

That is the thing though, I like some of the changes but I do have my doubts about certain things introduced (i.e. Ordnance drops). I voice what I like and dislike too, but at least look at every perspective. Some always focus on the negative aspects, but you never hear anything positive. And if anybody goes in debate with somebody like that, you are either sucking up to 343i or Microsoft. There is no middle ground with these people, they are not here to rationally discuss anything.

Once in a blue moon you see a decent post, but after that it’s Good Enough™ and 60 FPS posts that are repeated ad nauseam. Gets tiring and annoying.

I dislike the idea of ignore button, I have never put anybody on it and will not be doing it ever.

Yeah, I've played with him before, and it was fine. I like playing with people that I argue and disagree with because it helps to put things into perspective.

I was joking about the ignore thing, worry not.

Totally agree with this post though. That's why I think a little tourney could be great.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think for Halo 4 we need to have HaloGaf Customs and also HaloGaf Big Team. I would love to get some of you guys together and just dominate big team matches. :p

If it gets annoying maybe they should fix their game and people would stop ripping it apart

You mean that game that's not even final, we don't have the full details for, nor is even out yet? Ah, alright, fix that game, because it must be broken. :p

Ken

I think for Halo 4 we need to have HaloGaf Customs and also HaloGaf Big Team. I would love to get some of you guys together and just dominate big team matches. :p

The only time I would play Big Team is with a full party of HaloGAF. Anything else would just be 30 minutes of frustration.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The only time I would play Big Team is with a full party of HaloGAF. Anything else would just be 30 minutes of frustration.

I play occasionally, I just have to keep in mind that I will go +15 and my team will be awful, but yeah, that's why I want some HaloGaf big team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom