• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Kyle isn't trolling 343, he is trolling you guys. He is repeating the same things, literally hundreds of times, or moving the goalposts to invent new criticism. This is his hobby. When his criticism is valid, its not new, but you're letting him dominate conversation with endless repetition or absurd straw men. After realizing he was literally just here to remind everyone how bad everything is - including things that never existed, I put him on ignore - but that barely works because of the frequency he does his hobby and the frequency at which his repetition is quoted.

His post history is amazing.

Slurp

Seriously now, I agree

heckfu

Banned
I just like the fact they go forwards a lot, different to the last Italian team.

Pretty good to watch, especially Balotelli, love that guy.

This is the last football post I'll have because I'm sure people are tired of it, but FUCK Balotelli. One of the biggest dumbasses in any sport on the planet. He's selfish, big headed, and gets in to trouble with no regard to how it may affect his team.

The amount of vitriol that spews from his mouth is unmatched and if Mancini had any sense he would kick him out of Manchester.

Portugeezer

Reach already had SSAO, so Halo 4 likely will, but I don't think Halo 4 will have full dynamic lighting and shadows. Lighting in Halo has always been pre-baked lightmaps, with modulative shadows (some dynamic objects like characters darkening the scene where the shadows are cast) and a few dynamic lights that don't cast shadows for things like grenades, gunfire, etc.

I don't expect a full change in the tech before the next generation of consoles.

Halo Reach SSAO was pre-baked if I recall correctly, so it wasn't implemented in Forge maps and stuck out especially when merging objects and such, things would look bland and flat.

I thought it was confirmed that Halo 4 will have dynamic lighting, in the early MP vidoc it had some lighting glitches or jagged shadows which happens when it's dynamic and not prebaked; I could be wrong though.

This is the last football post I'll have because I'm sure people are tired of it, but FUCK Balotelli. One of the biggest dumbasses in any sport on the planet. He's selfish, big headed, and gets in to trouble with no regard to how it may affect his team.

The amount of vitriol that spews from his mouth is unmatched and if Mancini had any sense he would kick him out of Manchester.

This is exactly the reason I like him, he's a character.

Did you ever see the video of him trying to wear a bib? The dumbass!

His meat is bloody tough!

Greatjon-Umber-Clive-Mantle-Counts-to-Seven.jpg

WOLF

JonCha

He did throw money around Manchester to regular folk.

GhaleonEB

Two things.

Thing One. Completed the weekly Challenge today on a solo game of Firefight Doubles (partner bailed at the end, yay). Combined with another daily Challenge and a 3,000 cR jackpot, the game yielded over 44k cR. The bar moved!

Thing Two. I'm in the midst of cleaning/packing ahead of our trip on Saturday and unearthed a cache of stuff from HaloFest last year, that I had intended to give away when I got back. But I plopped the bag down in the corner of my room and there it sat until today. Whoops!

When I get back in a few weeks I'll give the stuff away here. Magazines, books, a CD, a shirt, that kind of stuff. I'd do it now but I won't have time to ship for a month.

Two things.

Thing One. Completed the weekly Challenge today on a solo game of Firefight Doubles (partner bailed at the end, yay). Combined with another daily Challenge and a 3,000 cR jackpot, the game yielded over 44k cR. The bar moved!

Thing Two. I'm in the midst of cleaning/packing ahead of our trip on Saturday and unearthed a cache of stuff from HaloFest last year, that I had intended to give away when I got back. But I plopped the bag down in the corner of my room and there it sat until today. Whoops!

When I get back in a few weeks I'll give the stuff away here. Magazines, books, a CD, a shirt, that kind of stuff. I'd do it now but I won't have time to ship for a month.

That's very kind of you. Enjoy!

kylej

Banned
I enjoy playing Reach with him (so I can get carried) so I don't really mind his posts.

I think you're selling yourself short with that comment. These days my skills have corroded away to that of a retarded thumbless lemur.

Honestly, I've done that a few times. Spec Ops just rolls off the tongue better.

Please change to Spartan Adventures.

Yeah by no means a big deal, I just thought it was funny.

I'm really liking the sound of Spartan Ops the more I hear about it. It will be very cool to get new content so regularly.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone that hasn't played Reach with Kyle is missing out. Anyone who hasn't played Reach with Kyle and Juices in the same room is definitely missing out.

Kyle is misunderstood here in the forums I think. If people had a bit more interaction with him they might not take him so badly. I agree with Ken too.

daedalius

Misunderstood huh?

I'll keep that in mind.

Perhaps misunderstood is the wrong word. Take him too seriously might be the better phrase to substitute. If you see him being hyperbolic he's typically joking using his frustration with the series as an outlet, but he does often post down to earth intelligent problems with the series, you just have to take both for what they are. I don't think he warrants being ignored at all, but I can see why/how the jokes/hyperbole could rub people the wrong way. Especially some specific people in here.

While I understand where you're going with this, its easier to be sarcastic and joking when others know that is your intent.

Vitriol and condescension will never bolster the point you are trying to make, regardless of what it is.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Misunderstood huh?

I'll keep that in mind.

Perhaps misunderstood is the wrong word. Take him too seriously might be the better phrase to substitute. If you see him being hyperbolic he's typically joking using his frustration with the series as an outlet, but he does often post down to earth intelligent problems with the series, you just have to take both for what they are. I don't think he warrants being ignored at all, but I can see why/how the jokes/hyperbole could rub people the wrong way. Especially some specific people in here.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Spartan Ops is awesome. It was my favorite take away from E3, well besides the people I met.

Having clear objects besides racking up points and kills and being heavily story focused is going to allow me to play with friends who normally won't touch pvp. It is also going to allow me to get more involved with the fiction. Something I'm always looking for,

You have to describe the unfinished Spartan Ops cinematic. Pretty please. With sugar on top. Stick it behind a billion spoiler warning or tags or whatever.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Personally (I know this may be opposite of what some of you want) but I hope the unlock system is deep enough to keep me unlocking things for a long time to come. I don't want crazy weapons locked away deep (unless they are more or less similar to earlier guns) but I like the depth of unlocks to keep me going.

GhaleonEB

Perhaps misunderstood is the wrong word. Take him too seriously might be the better phrase to substitute. If you see him being hyperbolic he's typically joking using his frustration with the series as an outlet, but does often post down to earth intelligent problems with the series, you just have to take both for what they are. I don't think he warrants being ignored at all, but I can see why/how the jokes/hyperbole could rub people the wrong way. Especially some specific people in here.

How a message is delivered is as important as the message. Juices for a good while was similar, delivering often excellent points in vitriolic fashion and he got a lot of shit for it. Kinder, gentler still on-point Juices is engaged more readily (and should still be hired).

Vitriol, sarcasm and condescension will interfere with any point you want to make, especially in a written medium where that's all people have to go on - and especially if that's your primary method of communication. He could be the nicest guy in the world and a blast to play Halo with, but if all he can muster when it comes to forum interactions is the same old stuff he's been doing, that doesn't really help. I find that kind of discussion unpleasant, so I filter it out.

Spartan Ops is awesome. It was my favorite take away from E3, well besides the people I met.

Having clear objects besides racking up points and kills and being heavily story focused is going to allow me to play with friends who normally won't touch pvp. It is also going to allow me to get more involved with the fiction. Something I'm always looking for,
Sounds nice. We have to play it at PAX Prime if it is playable.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
It was a plceholder. Without going into any detail...

Squad of Spartans suit up and try to fly their way into Requiem through a giant space battle. One of the cooler moments is when you see a few, what I assumed were Charon-class frigates docked on the Infinity, the ship is huge!

Sp-Ops Spoilers

Yeah, it was still, like a motion comic kinda thing, whilst the final product will obviously be CG/animated.

Good stuff. Question
Who was fighting who in the space battle? I'm assuming UNSC/Covenant

Looking forward to seeing the
Spartans "suit up".

Karl2177

Never post your gamertag on here, I did it with the fake Halo 4 beta thing on here and got 10 messages.
Nah the key is to not post it with anything like "Halo 4 beta" or "Guess who works for 343 now?" or "Message me to get Crapmire(Deal with it Wulffie, there's no fixing Spire especially with a Heavy variant) out of MM"

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm just curious why months after Halo 4 the infinity would need to go back to Requiem if the chief isn't being held there. I'm still holding onto that theory. :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
I still don't understand why people demand 60fps. There are only a handful of games that run at 60 on console, and all of them look terrible with the sole exception of Rage.

Halo on Rage's engine=GOTY

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I still don't understand why people demand 60fps. There are only a handful of games that run at 60 on console, and all of them look terrible with the sole exception of Rage.

Halo on Rage's engine=GOTY

Rage looked like absolute shit if you knew where to look (hell even if you didn't know where to look). Reach looks much better IMO from an entire package standpoint.

I agree though, as long as it's LOCKED at at least 30FPS I'd be happy.

I'd like a beta invite too... What about that demo? :p

He's sending him a spartan skin that he was "lol juniored" yesterday.

I'm just curious why months after Halo 4 the infinity would need to go back to Requiem if the chief isn't being held there. I'm still holding onto that theory. :p
"Fuck, I left my phone on Requiem. Turn this bitch around, we're going back; those booties ain't gonna call themselves!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom