• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

BF3 is a broken mess. Broken weapons, broken equipment, broken vehicles. Stupid rush maps that consist of tight corridors where 90% of the people do nothing but camp.

10GB worth of patches because the game was rushed. 10GB? Really?

Get yo shit togetha, DICE

blamite

You've played some good games then man. Play urban champion, that'll put battlefield into perspective. Or play one of those burger king games

Although admittedly I haven't played bf3 since November or so.
Hey dude, Pocketbike Racer is pretty great.

kQM8Y.jpg

ixRjA.jpg

Premium Quality.

I don't know about best, but it is the most fun I've had gaming with my friends since Halo 3, CE, and Super Smash Bros 64 before that. BF3 is a blast. So many Michael Bay moments.

This post made me curious, what is everyone here's favorite MP games? Not just FPSs or Halo?

I would rank mine in this order

Halo 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Halo 3
ESPN NFL 2K5(Madden still can't top this)
NBA Street Vol. 2
Super Smash Bros. 64
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Gears of War
Crackdown(co-op)
WWE No Mercy

Overdoziz

Banned
BF3 is a broken mess. Broken weapons, broken equipment, broken vehicles. Stupid rush maps that consist of tight corridors where 90% of the people do nothing but camp.

10GB worth of patches because the game was rushed. 10GB? Really?

Get yo shit togetha, DICE
Stop playing Rush. It was my favorite gametype in BC2 but it's unplayable for me in BF3 on most maps. Conquest all day everyday.
Not sure what you mean by saying that everything's broken though.

I do wish the game was released a few months later. It really could've done with more polishing. The UI is terrible, the HUD could've been a lot better, graphic glitches happen often and half the time I'm in a vehicle my audio cuts out. It has been improved since launch but you can only do so much with patches.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Mine:
Halo 3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Battlefield 3
Halo 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Madden
Rock Band

Stop playing Rush. It was my favorite gametype in BC2 but it's unplayable for me in BF3 on most maps. Conquest all day everyday.

I do wish the game was released a few months later. It really could've done with more polishing. The UI is terrible, the HUD could've been a lot better, graphic glitches happen often and half the time I'm in a vehicle my audio cuts out. It has been improved since launch but you can only do so much with patches.
All of this. Except for Rush being bad. I love me some Rush. Although I'd play a lot more conquest if I had a bigger group.
I also learned today about the true power of flanking. Flanking wrecks 90% of BF3 players.

This post made me curious, what is everyone here's favorite MP games? Not just FPSs or Halo?

Halo 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Halo 3
NBA Street Vol. 2
Super Smash Bros. 64
Gears of War
Crackdown(co-op)
WWE No Mercy
Currently TF2, Killing Floor, Super SF4 Arcade Edition, and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown. At least it's the stuff I'm playin' lately.

Halo 2
Battlefront 2
Halo 3
Mass Effect 3 (yep, i like it that much)
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Halo CE
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Super Smash Brothers 64
F-Zero X
Call of Duty and its expansions =P
Battlefield 3
Halo: Reach
Assasins Creed brohood/revelations
Minecraft XBLA

all i can think of currently. also after the top 5 the rest aren't in any particular order.

senador

Banned

I never played BC2 so I can't compare, but I love Rush. I like Conquest too but prefer Rush. It's much more competitive and intense to me. Really focuses the battle and makes me feel like there is a point.

Agreed on the delayed thing. I really wish the game came out a few months later. Give them time to polish it all and fix some of the balance stuff to save me many gigs. It's clear they rushed it hard to beat MW3 out of the gate. I also wish Premium was available at launch. It doesn't hold much value for me at this point.

Also, yeah what are you taking about Gui?

Overdoziz

Banned
All of this. Except for Rush being bad. I love me some Rush. Although I'd play a lot more conquest if I had a bigger group.
I also learned today about the true power of flanking. Flanking wrecks 90% of BF3 players.
Flanking is Battlefield.

Problem with Rush in BF3 is mostly the fact that maps are terrible for it. M-COMs in small rooms with only 2 or 3 two feet-wide entrances like on Seine Crossing just results in the attacking team throwing bodies at the defensive team until they get a lucky break and manage to arm the M-COM. What also doesn't sit well with me is that more often then not the two M-COMS are positioned really close to each other causing the enemy team to be more focused in one area making it hard to get through.

DICE wanted more action in the game to attract a wider audience (the CoD crowd) and to achieve that they created a shit load of bottlenecks throughout nearly all maps. This just makes Rush too frustrating for me unless I play against a terrible team.

senador

Banned

Halo 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Halo 3
NBA Street Vol. 2
Super Smash Bros. 64
Gears of War
Crackdown(co-op)
WWE No Mercy

Not in order:

Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
BF3
Super Smash Bros 64
Goldeneye
Mariokart 64
Starfox 64
Starcraft

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Halo 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Halo 3
NBA Street Vol. 2
Super Smash Bros. 64
Gears of War
Crackdown(co-op)
WWE No Mercy

Aside from Quake being number 1, no specific order.

Quake
Black Hawk Down for PC
Counterstrike
Everquest
Ghost Recon
Phantasy Star Online
Everquest 2

senador

Banned
Flanking is Battlefield.

Problem with Rush in BF3 is mostly the fact that maps are terrible for it. M-COMs in small rooms with only 2 or 3 two feet-wide entrances like on Seine Crossing just results in the attacking team throwing bodies at the defensive team until they get a lucky break and manage to arm the M-COM. What also doesn't sit well with me is that more often then not the two M-COMS are positioned really close to each other causing the enemy team to be more focused in one area making it hard to get through.

DICE wanted more action in the game to attract a wider audience (the CoD crowd) and to achieve that they created a shit load of bottlenecks throughout nearly all maps. This just makes Rush too frustrating for me unless I play against a terrible team.

Ah. That makes sense. I don't care for Rush on those maps much. Sienne, and what's the other city one? Grand Bazaar. Screw those little rooms and corridors. So lame.

Gui_PT

Most of the shotguns are OP, at least when I still played the game. M-26 Dart says hello.

Everytime they release a patch, something else is broken and immediately needs another patch.

They released a patch and infra red scops are useless. Another patch and you could spawn on top of jets/helicopters. Another patch and the m-26 dart fiasco happened, suppression was also stupidly strong.

They're trying to fix a game they haven't even finished yet. Of course more problems will show up with each patch.

Oh and I don't have space on my hdd for their ridiculously huge patches anymore

Fracas

#fuckonami
Flanking is Battlefield.

Haha, I agree, most of the maps are terrible for Rush. A few work though, and those are the ones I play. Kharg Rush is right behind Caspian Conquest as my favorite thing to play in the game. Damavand/Tehran/B2K maps/Caspian/Operation Firestorm aren't too shabby either.

Metro is straight up one of the worst maps in a videogame. Seine's just...really bland. Bazaar is tolerable, but it suffers from some of the same problems Metro has.

And, despite thinking it was going to be awful going in, the Close Quarters maps are fun. Not a clusterfuck like Metro, but some tactical, vertical gameplay.
^M26 glitch is fixed. AUG with underslung smoke is the new brokenness. :|

edit: And the flanking I was talking about today was on Bazaar. Last stage of Rush, I was attacking, with 10 tickets and 1 M-COM left. Flanked the entire team with a buddy, took out EVERYTHING. Armed it with 2 tickets left, and we were both out of ammo, fucking fending off attackers with pistols. That's the kind of stuff that you get only in Battlefield. So good.

senador

Banned
Most of the shotguns are OP, at least when I still played the game. M-26 Dart says hello.

Everytime they release a patch, something else is broken and immediately needs another patch.

They released a patch and infra red scops are useless. Another patch and you could spawn on top of jets/helicopters. Another patch and the m-26 dart fiasco happened, suppression was also stupidly strong.

They're trying to fix a game they haven't even finished yet. Of course more problems will show up with each patch.

M26 fixed. Spawning on vehicles fixed. Suppression effect fixed.

It is a pain though that every patch also breaks another set of things.

Karl2177

stuff
In no particular order:

Fapping
fapping 2
fapping 3D
Halo 2
fapping episode 5: the fapire strikes back
fapping deluxe
Halo 3
Starcraft 2
SWBF2
That one pc game
that other pc game

Overdoziz

Banned

To be fair the infra red scopes were incredibly overpowered. A quick look into it and you can see the players on pretty much the entire map.

I won't deny that DICE doesn't fuck up a lot of things all the time and that's one of the things I meant with that the game just isn't polished and the patched don't seem to be helping all that much. I still enjoy the game a lot even with all its faults, though. Blowing shit up with C4 is one of the most satisfying things in any game I've played. Doing hilarious stuff with vehicles and explosives is one of the reasons I love the game. Running over Empyrus with an empty buggy is also something I enjoy occasionally.

Fracas

#fuckonami
To be fair the infra red scopes were incredibly overpowered. A quick look into it and you can see the players on pretty much the entire map.

I won't deny that DICE doesn't fuck up a lot of things all the time and that's one of the things I meant with that the game just isn't polished and the patched don't seem to be helping all that much. I still enjoy the game a lot even with all its faults, though. Blowing shit up with C4 is one of the most satisfying things in any game I've played. Doing hilarious stuff with vehicles and explosives is one of the reasons I love the game. Running over Empyrus with an empty buggy is also something I enjoy occasionally.

Yes.

Playing cat and mouse with a tank is so good.

As is chucking C4 on a jeep and driving it straight into an enemy encampment and detonating it.

Haha, I agree, most of the maps are terrible for Rush. A few work though, and those are the ones I play. Kharg Rush is right behind Caspian Conquest as my favorite thing to play in the game. Damavand/Tehran/B2K maps/Caspian/Operation Firestorm aren't too shabby either.

Metro is straight up one of the worst maps in a videogame. Seine's just...really bland. Bazaar is tolerable, but it suffers from some of the same problems Metro has.

And, despite thinking it was going to be awful going in, the Close Quarters maps are fun. Not a clusterfuck like Metro, but some tactical, vertical gameplay.
^M26 glitch is fixed. AUG with underslung smoke is the new brokenness. :|

edit: And the flanking I was talking about today was on Bazaar. Last stage of Rush, I was attacking, with 10 tickets and 1 M-COM left. Flanked the entire team with a buddy, took out EVERYTHING. Armed it with 2 tickets left, and we were both out of ammo, fucking fending off attackers with pistols. That's the kind of stuff that you get only in Battlefield. So good.

I was shocked with how awesome Close Quarters is. I'm loving it.

Yes.

Playing cat and mouse with a tank is so good.

As is chucking C4 on a jeep and driving it straight into an enemy encampment and detonating it.

C4 in BF3 is incredible. That's not an opinion, it's science.

BF3 definetly has it's fair share of flaws, but as an entire package it is a shit load of fun to play.

I love remote detonated explosives in every game I've played them in. One of the most unfortunate things about the HL2 games is that they included a new weapon in the form of tripwire/remote explosive called a S.L.A.M. but only in the deathmatch mode that no one plays. They didn't include it in Ep1 and 2 either.

Crackdown, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Saints Row 3, Red Faction and Red Faction Guerrilla. All games with great remote explosives.

Gui_PT

I agree but the several problems the game has weigh more than those fun moments, unfortunately

Overdoziz

Banned
One of the most awesome moments in BF3 I've had is when I and and a friend were driving in a buggy. My friend was driving and I was in the side seat with C4 in my hands. We spotted an enemy player in his own buggy standing on top of a hill in front of a base just out of bounds for us on Firestorm. He was using the turret of the vehicles and hadn't noticed us. We drove up to him, hit a bump, flew right in front of him and while mid-air I threw my C4 in the enemy's direction and I let it explode killing the opponent and we made it back into bounds again with a single second to spare.

sogood.gif

That guy's videos are amazing.

FyreWulff

Halo 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Halo 3
NBA Street Vol. 2
Super Smash Bros. 64
Gears of War
Crackdown(co-op)
WWE No Mercy

Perfect Dark
C&C Renegade
Timesplitters 3
SSB Brawl
Bomberman 2
Wrestlemania 2000
Twisted System from Fuzion Frenzy. Yes, just that minigame. Could play that shit ALL DAY LONG

Retro

Halo (of course)
Guild Wars 2 (when we get thrown a Beta Bone)
Smash Brothers
Perfect Dark / Goldeneye
Terraria (when we had a GAF server running)

That's about it. Never really had a great PC for gaming beyond World of Warcraft, don't really play a lot of online games outside of Halo.

CyReN

1. Halo CE
  2. Halo 2
  3. Mario Kart SNES/64
  4. Perfect Dark/Goldeneye
  5. Halo 3
  6. Counter Strike
  7. Starfox 64
  8. Mario Party 2
  9. Halo Reach
  10. Call Of Duty 4

Played way too much Halo 2-3 to play much more..

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If reload times had simply een halved, PD would have been one of my favorite launch titles. But I swear every firefight I was in was a festival of reloads while somoen stole my would-be kills.

If reload times had simply een halved, PD would have been one of my favorite launch titles. But I swear every firefight I was in was a festival of reloads while somoen stole my would-be kills.
Do not sully Perfect Dark's name by not adding the Z in the abbreviation for the abomination that was Zero. I tried to like that game, I tried to like it so hard, but it's the Reach of Perfect Dark.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How did you play a game that doesn't exist?

You remind me of a young man who once had to make that argument about Highlander, reminding people that there was only one Highlander movie. And no TV spinoff.

A brave but ultimately naive young man.

Perhaps he died.

Karl2177

You remind me of a young man who once had to make that argument about Highlander, reminding people that there was only one Highlander movie. And no TV spinoff.

Perhaps he died.

Too bad they never made a sequel to the Matrix movie. Could have been good.

FyreWulff

Perhaps he died.

Not even the Rare fansites like Perfect Dark Zero.

And these are the same people that actually enjoyed the Tribal hunt in JFG.

Thankfully we have Perfect Dark available via XBLA now. When you put in Zero, it should prompt you to buy PDXBLA instead.

edit: ohgodisoundliketheHaloCEfanboys

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not even the Rare fansites like Perfect Dark Zero.

And these are the same people that actually enjoyed the Tribal hunt in JFG.

Thankfully we have Perfect Dark available via XBLA now. When you put in Zero, it should prompt you to buy PDXBLA instead.

No one plays it though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom