• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

I, for one, prefer 85% bloom to zero bloom.

I knew you'd say that. And you're the first person I've seen out of everyone in the tournament to say they'd prefer bloom. It's not that anyone's opinion is more important, its a simple matter of majority.

Why not put it up for vote? Might as well make the majority of players in the tournament happy.

TheOddOne

iogO9lKHV6yiS.gif

I like 'em grey!

I have two issues with the BTB playlist:

-One is that DLC maps don't show up, and there isn't any BTB maps on the disc. There isn't a playlist in the game that more desperately needs DLC in it.
-The second is something the 343 can control, and in fact has done so, but unfortunately for the worse. I'm talking about how've they changed the heavily objective playlist that Jeremiah fostered into a 95% slayer playlist.

I have two issues with the BTB playlist:

-One is that DLC maps don't show up, and there isn't any BTB maps on the disc. There isn't a playlist in the game that more desperately needs DLC in it.
-The second is something the 343 can control, and in fact has done so, but unfortunately for the worse. I'm talking about how've they changed the heavily objective playlist that Jeremiah fostered into a 95% slayer playlist.

So, so true.

1 sided BTB objective on breakpoint is pretty good.

Got highlands on BTB once, and then the other team basically basically quits at the start. Wtf.

daedalius

Anyone complaining about join in progress for 4 can just shut the hell up.

After what I've been through in so many games, I could never fathom complaining about join in progress.

What do you mean? Drop in/out hasn't been confirmed, has it?

Pretty sure it has been confirmed... and thank goodness it has!

You can set your own stipulations, per some update Ellis made I think. You can basically tell the game not to join you into a game after a certain amount of time, or you can always let it join you into games regardless.

Anyone complaining about join in progress for 4 can just shut the hell up.

well if its all just social playlists and no ranking playlists i dont really care i suppose. doesnt really matter if you win or lose, and the playlists will just become saturated with people just going for kills. it's really going to be sad if there's 100% social playlists, or one Reach arena style playlist.

really hoping they either bring back 1-50 (sigh) or do something completely new.

Welcome to Reach.

Welcome to Halo.

Looking forward to JIP.

well if its all just social playlists and no ranking playlists i dont really care i suppose. doesnt really matter if you win or lose, and the playlists will just become saturated with people just going for kills. it's really going to be sad if there's 100% social playlists, or one Reach arena style playlist.

really hoping they either bring back 1-50 (sigh) or do something completely new.

lol people thinking "ranked" playlists are still a thing.

I kid I kid, sort of..

In that 343 video Bonnie Ross says they've been working on this 3 1/2 years. So my theory that we'll see more side-stories rather than shorter dev time on mainline games sounds like it might be right.

Fuchsdh

Short version, and because text on my GIFs bothers me. Plus, I needed to figure out how to do GIFs in CS6. Yo Adobe, what's up with removing features in a 64 bit version?

x1ybB.gif

Edit: There's that multiplayer guy from the initial campaign/multi reveal BTS grinning like a cheshire cat off the to the right. Kind of unsettling.

lol people thinking "ranked" playlists are still a thing.

I kid I kid, sort of..

:(

i can't think of a downside to having some sort of system like Halo 2's. Obviously we aren't getting 1-50 back but something else. Just split it up, competitive and social. Sure people are going to boost, cheat, sell accounts...but people do that with Reach's system.

daedalius

Wouldn't mind seeing a Ranked Slayer, Ranked Objective, and Mercenaries playlist; what other Ranked playlists should there be?

I liked how the Ranked/Unranked playlist split worked better than what we have in Reach tbh; but that probably has more to do with the bungling of Arena in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom