• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
iBUyXRb2CQ4Cr.png

This new "title" theme they've been using in the recent videos (not the "main theme" that Halo 4 used in the original media blowout vidoc) would be a pretty good "one minute remaining" track if it got abridged, much more fitting for some matches than the ambient synthsphere percussion thing they used in those MLG matches. Maybe we'll get to choose from multiple tracks?

Falagard

It has some bad stuff too, but I don't think as much bad stuff as Reach does.

Narrow FOV, crappy netcode sometimes, inconsistent BR...

but then you compare that to bloom, nuclear grenades, awful vehicles, the banshee, sprint double melee, derp rockets, easy sniper (well not for me), etc

MLG Halo 3 settings are amazing though.

Good video.

Yes, but the core gameplay is so much more fun than Reach, the vehicles, the weapons, and even the maps. It's sad.

daedalius

Yes, but the core gameplay is so much more fun than Reach, the vehicles, the weapons, and even the maps. It's sad.

I agree, especially about the maps.

While AR rush + melee is still in Halo 3 and annoying, Halo 3 feels more like a 'gun game' to me than Reach usually does with its massively overpowered grenades and sprint+melee.

This is what I keep hearing about Halo 4 (from the pros) as well, sprint doesn't look nearly as fast as it is in Reach, not to mention your precision weapon isn't gimped by bloom, and has stopping power.

789shadow

Banned
I agree, especially about the maps.

While AR rush + melee is still in Halo 3 and annoying, Halo 3 feels more like a 'gun game' to me than Reach usually does with its massively overpowered grenades and sprint+melee.

This is what I keep hearing about Halo 4 (from the pros) as well, sprint doesn't look nearly as fast as it is in Reach, not to mention your precision weapon isn't gimped by bloom, and has stopping power.
I just got clowed by the AR Rush on Last Resort. Why the fuck is that shit so strong? Are my BR shots even doing anything?

daedalius

I just got clowed by the AR Rush on Last Resort. Why the fuck is that shit so strong? Are my BR shots even doing anything?

Yea its dumb, too strong.

It might not have the magnetism of the Reach one, but if you can hold your crosshair on anyone at all, it kills.

At mid-close range, it kills faster than 4sk BR (since the BR is rarely 4sk in 3 trolololol). Now that I think about it, this is probably what we will be seeing in 4, haha. Scary. Hopefully they will bring the effective range in a bit!

At least the AR in 4 sounds good; sounds like a popgun in 3.

Falagard

I'm fairly certain that I spent more time forging in Halo 3 than actually playing. One of the few things Reach got right was the ability to merge objects without having to resort to a physics glitch.

Well, Halo 3's Forge was bad. I could poop out a better editor than that (I've spent a lot of time working on video game editors, especially ones where you place objects, edit properties and sculpt terrain).

Risen

Yea its dumb, too strong.

It might not have the magnetism of the Reach one, but if you can hold your crosshair on anyone at all, it kills.

At mid-close range, it kills faster than 4sk BR (since the BR is rarely 4sk in 3 trolololol). Now that I think about it, this is probably what we will be seeing in 4, haha. Scary. Hopefully they will bring the effective range in a bit!

At least the AR in 4 sounds good; sounds like a popgun in 3.

It's funny how play styles color perception of weapons... I absolutely NEVER worried about an AR rush in H3, and typically don't find much of an issue with sprint+melee in Reach. Doesn't discount the fact that several bullets from an AR and a melee would kill... but man, I just never found it an issue.

But I was a pretty passive player in H3 and typically tried not to get in melee range unless it was on my terms... some of that still sticks.

Well, Halo 3's Forge was bad. I could poop out a better editor than that (I've spent a lot of time working on video game editors, especially ones where you place objects, edit properties and sculpt terrain).
It was pretty bad, but some really good stuff came out it despite the obstacles. I had a blast working with some of the MLG forge guys during the unofficial 1v1 competitions in H3.

daedalius

It's funny how play styles color perception of weapons... I absolutely NEVER worried about an AR rush in H3, and typically don't find much of an issue with sprint+melee in Reach. Doesn't discount the fact that several bullets from an AR and a melee would kill... but man, I just never found it an issue.

But I was a pretty passive player in H3 and typically tried not to get in melee range unless it was on my terms... some of that still sticks.

I generally don't worry about it either, but sometimes I tend to get caught a bit too close to someone with an AR and even if I manage to land all my shots with a BR, I'll still lose. This could be solved by better situational awareness ;)

I generally don't worry about it either, but sometimes I tend to get caught a bit too close to someone with an AR and even if I manage to land all my shots with a BR, I'll still lose. This could be solved by better situational awareness ;)
Well the AR is meant for close range, what do you expect getting in close with a mid range weapon?

BigShow36

I prefer ZB (locked rof DMR) to 75% bloom and 100% bloom but most people here have played more 75 and 100% bloom to ZB, it just makes more sense.

Who? Everyone I've seen post on here says they'd prefer zero-bloom, but there is some mysterious group of players that everyone thinks we need to cater to and they apparently love bloom. Who on here prefers bloom over no-bloom? Speak up, damn you!

Narrows remake confirmed.

Louis Wu

Who? Everyone I've seen post on here says they'd prefer zero-bloom, but there is some mysterious group of players that everyone thinks we need to cater to and they apparently love bloom. Who on here prefers bloom over no-bloom? Speak up, damn you!
I, for one, prefer 85% bloom to zero bloom.

I don't think my opinion is any more relevant than yours, though - monsterfracas is organizing this thing. If you don't like his rules, don't play. ::shrug::

It's BOTH!
Heh - I know, I was just saddened by the fact that the two posters above me ignored Tudyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom