• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And this is For Plywood. Should have joined the tourney man.
5EBFf.gif

Was that E3 roundup video all we are getting? I hate to sound like a dick, but there was nothing of interest in that video. :( (except that Firefly high five).

Wonder if we are getting a multiplayer vidoc, theres still a lot of stuff thats far from clear, I hope 343 isnt it in terms of info drop, as much as they showed a lot there, it wasnt really anything we didnt already know (as far as multiplayer goes), and they didnt really clarify many of the confusions brought about from before E3.

Nutter

TJ GotChitOn

TJ RisengetsshitonbyNutter

;)

But in all seriousness, Its looking more and more likely I will NOT have the time to play this.
I appreciate you adding me with my unsure comment, but my game time these days is after 9 pm PST. And I am not sure how that will work with many people participating from Europe.

So please include someone else who will actually be there. But if the time (Zones) can work out, ill play. ** depends on the time you have your tournament scheduled, unless its all set for the weekend, then in that case Ill participate and ignore the first portion of this reply.

And tag is TJ NutterB

Risen

;)

But in all seriousness, Its looking more and more likely I will NOT have the time to play this.
I appreciate you adding me with my unsure comment, but my game time these days is after 9 pm PST. And I am not sure how that will work with many people participating from Europe.

So please include someone else who will actually be there.

Awwwwww booooooo boooooo I say

Fracas

#fuckonami
Aight, I will add you. You can pick someone from Tiers 3-6

;)

So please include someone else who will actually be there.

Okay, I'll take you out, for now.
Hypertrooper, you need to pick someone else for your team

Fracas

#fuckonami
After these new shifts, this is what we're looking at:

Not entered yet:
Calm Killer
Nutter
Thee Henery (The Henery): BPR=100 K/D=2.08 WP=61%
PNut (PNut d kidnaper): BPR=83 K/D=1.42 WP=69%
a zoo joo (THEZoosJoos): BPR=34 K/D=.74 WP=44%
Rand0m TAG:: BPR=100 K/D=1.94 WP=64%
Sanjuro Tsubaki: BPR=69 K/D=1.22 WP=64%
ImperialInPeril (Isendrix): BPR=72 K/D=1.3 WP=65%

Thee Henery, Pnut, and Rand0m TAG are in at this point. With them, we have 68, and even teams. If one more person joins, Sanjuro, ImperialInPeril, and a zoo joo are in.

Explain in full deets.
You and a Tier 2 player would win the tournament just by yourselves. Better to have a consistent group of good-average players then you, a good player, and 2 less skilled players.

demolitio

Thanks for the suggestions on the Halo Anniversary. I'll pick it up sometime this weekend now.

I would still love some people to play Reach with. Flying solo isn't the most exciting thing in the world. Once I'm warmed up, I'll be pretty good again. My only annoyance is how they handle DLC and how you're basically forced into it if you want to stay in a room. I don't even know what DLC is out there and which is worth it for MP so I guess it's time to research.

So far, loving the game though. It's funny when I keep throwing grenades thinking I'm going to aim down the ironsights instead. I guess that's what happens when you play a lot of other shooters and not many 360 games...lol

heckfu

Banned
Holy shit how are all these people missing the tournament news that's been up for forever? This excludes the new batch of juniors but I feel like Fracas and Kittens have done more than enough announcing and giving deadlines. I feel like more people are entering now things are mostly squared away than when it was first announced.

Aaaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

Hop in, OverHeat. That'll put as at even teams, and then I can lock in everyone.
You need to lock in and keep it that way or it's going to create more problems it seems.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Holy shit how are all these people missing the tournament news that's been up for forever? This excludes the new batch of juniors but I feel like Fracas and Kittens have done more than enough announcing and giving deadlines. I feel like more people are entering now things are mostly squared away than when it was first announced.

Probably. It's all good though. To be honest, I feel weird doing all these updates. Feel like I'm a little invasive with all this

Good Im in.
What's your gamertag?

zap

Thanks for the suggestions on the Halo Anniversary. I'll pick it up sometime this weekend now.

I would still love some people to play Reach with. Flying solo isn't the most exciting thing in the world. Once I'm warmed up, I'll be pretty good again. My only annoyance is how they handle DLC and how you're basically forced into it if you want to stay in a room. I don't even know what DLC is out there and which is worth it for MP so I guess it's time to research.

So far, loving the game though. It's funny when I keep throwing grenades thinking I'm going to aim down the ironsights instead. I guess that's what happens when you play a lot of other shooters and not many 360 games...lol

If you get Anniversary, it comes with a code for the Anniversary map pack, so you can play 'classic' playlists.

The other DLC isn't required, it is coming up a bit more often nowadays, but I would wait a bit before picking them up - Anniversary maps are some of the better maps anyway.

Trey

I got your hookup. Add MGTrey. My friendslist is rather paltry for me having gold for almost 6 years.

demolitio

If you get Anniversary, it comes with a code for the Anniversary map pack, so you can play 'classic' playlists.

The other DLC isn't required, it is coming up a bit more often nowadays, but I would wait a bit before picking them up - Anniversary maps are some of the better maps anyway.

Awesome! I didn't know that at all and I think I found the game for really cheap before so it's basically like getting the Halo 1 campaign redone for free. Most excellent. :)

Now I just need to bug friends on FB until one of them stops doing important shit and real life and goes back to playing games. Not my fault they all decided to be successful with stressful jobs while I get to be sick and play...lol. It's funny watching all the gaming friends fade away.

This sounds more feasible than Gears 3 where it's like you get the season pass or be stuck playing level 99's hosting their own games instead of dedicated servers. So damn clever...lol

ZalinKrow

Fair play to you guys for putting all this effort in to get this tourny going. I hope it pays off :)

I'm not too concerned about who ends up on my team, once they've got a sense of humour it'll be fine. I hate getting too competitive, so even though I'll try my best, I ultimately just want to enjoy it, get to know the community a bit better and just be a part of it all. Should be fun!

Ryaaan14

Banned
Don't be, man. This tourney's for fun. You're a cool guy, and people like playing with you, don't feel nervous.

That's actually the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me. <3
Fracas told me he put you on a team by yourself

I bet you I'd get at least 1 kill.
Nade kill from the grave
Team Ryaan:

Ryaaan14
Devolution
Ramirez
The Real Napsta

jk jk

Balance seems about right. :_)

Status