• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock Band 3 is 20$ via Games on Demand. Unless you want to get the keyboard bundle. I know if you buy the Keys bundle you get the latest RHCP pack for free with it.

The reason I never got RB3 is cause I knew I would have to have all the peripherals to take full advantage of the games features, and it's just absurdly expensive.

It appears that getting the GoD and the keyboard separately is cheaper than the bundle:
GoD $20
Keyboard by itself is $36.06.

So combined, those a few bucks cheaper than the bundle.

Fyre, it looks like the keyboard doesn't come with a stand? True? If so that sucks.

Do you use this for pro guitar?

And of course, I would have to get this. Even now, this game is incredibly expensive to get the full experience. I'd like to get it eventually though, Harmonix is a great developer and the game is great. Their DLC model is fantastic.

FyreWulff

The reason I never got RB3 is cause I knew I would have to have all the peripherals to take full advantage of the games features, and it's just absurdly expensive.

It appears that getting the GoD and the keyboard separately is cheaper than the bundle:
GoD $20

Fyre, it looks like the keyboard doesn't come with a stand? True? If so that sucks.

And of course, I would have to get this. Even now, this game is incredibly expensive to get the full experience. I'd like to get it eventually though, Harmonix is a great developer and the game is great. Their DLC model is fantastic.

Keyboard comes with a strap to wear it like a keytar. No stand, but the feet have so much friction on them that you can set it on pretty much anything and it won't move. Also note you can play keys parts with any existing 5-button guitar. Stands are like 5-10$ if you know where to look (Amazon is a good place, but check local music stores)

For the Pro guitar wait until the holiday season. I only paid 40$ for my Mustang. I also now own the Woodstrat, the one that was made and sold for 300$, got it in an Amazon holiday sale for 50$. It's actually TOO good.

Drums are absurdly expensive right now (Mad Catz is doing a run of them for 360, and you have to preorder it for 200$ to reserve one being made for you in the run). If you have existing drums only get the cymbal expansion if you REALLY want to do Pro drums.

If you don't want to dive in with all the instruments though, there's always Rock Band Blitz coming out right after Summer of Arcade ends.

GoD $20

Keyboard doesn't come with a stand but it is quite easy to play on yor lap or with the strap around you.

I don't think the RB2 kits ever came out in Europe, certainly not in Ireland anyway. We got some really cheap bundles though.

Still wish we could have gotten the RB2 drums as they are so much better quality.

Fracas

#fuckonami
fracas, can you let me know who has been chosen

pls

Captains:
Hydranockz+Zalinkrow
Sikamikanico+king picollo
Hypertrooper
The Odd One
Barrow Roll+Devolution
DemonCarnotaur
Slightly Live
Louis Wu+Risen
Heckfu+Overdoz1z
daedalius+thezerofire
Karl2177+Krispy
Trey+HiredN00bs
monsterfracas
Plywood

Zalinkrow, king picollo, Devolution, Risen, Overdoz1z, thezerofire, Krispyy, Hiredn00bs

And yeah, power teams make it fun for no one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Win Percentage?

Everybody was posting theirs, but I had no idea it was for a tourny... assumed it was just for shits & giggles.
Ahh, gotcha. Didn't recognize the abbreviation.

In other news: I love Anni FFA so much.

In other other news: MastrKaosFu, invite me to your party if you have an opening.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Captains:
Hydranockz+Zalinkrow
Sikamikanico+king picollo
Hypertrooper
The Odd One
Barrow Roll+Devolution
DemonCarnotaur
Slightly Live
Louis Wu+Risen
Heckfu+Overdoz1z
daedalius+thezerofire
Karl2177+Krispy
Trey+HiredN00bs
monsterfracas
Plywood

Zalinkrow, king picollo, Devolution, Risen, Overdoz1z, thezerofire, Krispyy, Hiredn00bs

And yeah, power teams make it fun for no one.
Okay, I pick Cyren.

FyreWulff

Fyre I'll def play some RB with you sometime!

Yeah we should. Once I get up to Vancouver I'm going to be upgraded to having direct capture, so would be fun to cap some RB band runs.

S37ed.jpg

There's my fake real guitar (Mustang) and my real fake guitar (Woodstrat). Unfortunately the Woodstrat probably can't come to Vancouver with me because it's fullsize and can't be taken apart. My real bass takes priority (and also gets the better guitar stand, as you can see the Woodstrat got the hand-me-down one). The thing is made with like Arcade+ quality parts with the frets and the strum bar and the whammy. The strum bar has so much tension in it it actually gets tiring to play with that guitar, so I still use the Xplorer for long runs. But the absurd tension also lets me upstrum with two fingers on bass without it being a split strum bar. It's definitely made with 300$ worth of parts.

edit: you can also use the Mustang and the RB Keyboard as real MIDI devices for use with Garageband or any other MIDI-capable software

Ahh, gotcha. Didn't recognize the abbreviation.

In other news: I love Anni FFA so much.

In other other news: MastrKaosFu, invite me to your party if you have an opening.

Oh shit, isn't there a SJW going on in both FFA lists this weekend? I should get on.

Keyboard comes with a strap to wear it like a keytar. No stand, but the feet have so much friction on them that you can set it on pretty much anything and it won't move. Also note you can play keys parts with any existing 5-button guitar. Stands are like 5-10$ if you know where to look (Amazon is a good place, but check local music stores)

For the Pro guitar wait until the holiday season. I only paid 40$ for my Mustang. I also now own the Woodstrat, the one that was made and sold for 300$, got it in an Amazon holiday sale for 50$. It's actually TOO good.

Drums are absurdly expensive right now (Mad Catz is doing a run of them for 360, and you have to preorder it for 200$ to reserve one being made for you in the run). If you have existing drums only get the cymbal expansion if you REALLY want to do Pro drums.

If you don't want to dive in with all the instruments though, there's always Rock Band Blitz coming out right after Summer of Arcade ends.

Does the Mustang work well for pro guitar? Damn woodstrat for $50 is a fucking sweet deal.

The cymbal expansion is something that I wish they had since RB1, does the expansion only work with the RB2 drum set though?

Isn't Blitz a game designed for controller use?

FyreWulff

Is the Mustang work well for pro guitar? Damn woodstrat for $50 is a fucking sweet deal.

The cymbal expansion is something that I wish they had since RB1, does the expansion only work with the RB2 drum set though?

Isn't Blitz a game designed for controller use?

Mustang works pretty well. I borrowed someone's RB3 Squier (the real guitar that works for Pro Mode) and it was obviously superior for the guitar-playing experience, but the damn thing is like 300$ and basically not available anymore. The Mustang works great. Strumbox has velocity curves (so the harder you strum, the louder the notes), the 102 buttons all still work months and months later, only downside is there's not a way to quickjump through the library. Also even though it does work with 5-button mode, don't waste your time with using it for that.

Cymbals only work with RB2, RB3, and Beatles RB drumsets. RB1 drums don't have the port to support them.

And yeah, you play Blitz with the controller. Demo song run

..Did they just say that Marty stepped down after Reach and that's why Neil is now making the music? Nice work G4.

Yep.
Also "The last 2 years have seen their share of Halo semi-sequels and remakes"
...Ok, Anniversary, but what's the semi-sequel?

I don't think they even mentioned 343 at all. :/

Mustang works pretty well. I borrowed someone's RB3 Squier (the real guitar that works for Pro Mode) and it was obviously superior for the guitar-playing experience, but the damn thing is like 300$ and basically not available anymore. The Mustang works great. Strumbox has velocity curves (so the harder you strum, the louder the notes), the 102 buttons all still work months and months later, only downside is there's not a way to quickjump through the library. Also even though it does work with 5-button mode, don't waste your time with using it for that.

Cymbals only work with RB2, RB3, and Beatles RB drumsets. RB1 drums don't have the port to support them.

And yeah, you play Blitz with the controller. Demo song run

Good to hear about the Mustang, I'll keep my eye out for a good deal sometime.

I'm fucked on the pro drums then, I only have a RB1 set.

I think I might spring for the RB3 GoD, and then slowly add keyboard, mustang, other shit over time. You can import RB1 and RB2 set lists correct?

Thanks for all the answers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You never use your mic Ram!

edit: I mean, I know why and it's 100% valid, but I need a guy with a mic for the tourney!

FyreWulff

Good to hear about the Mustang, I'll keep my eye out for a good deal sometime.

I'm fucked on the pro drums then, I only have a RB1 set.

I think I might spring for the RB3 GoD, and then slowly add keyboard, mustang, other shit over time. You can import RB1 and RB2 set lists correct?

Thanks for all the answers.

Yeah, you can import most of RB1 and RB2. RB1 loses like 3 songs (Enter Sandman, Run to the Hills cover, Paranoid by Black Sabbath), RB2 loses a few more but you still make out with 95% of the setlist.

Since I have to figure out how to mail them up, I got all my stuff together. Everything here is usable in Rock Band minus the bass

rkPLZl.jpg

Also it's impossible to keep dust off the drumset. I swear it's just eternally static-charged or some shit. Also, the Xplorer that's not great to play with but refuses to die so I can't justify replacing it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Don't worry guys, Plywood and CyReN's team will be balanced...

However, by picking CyReN, Plywood subjected his team to balancing the way trueskill sees it:

2 expert players+2 lower tier players=1 expert player +3 average-decent players

Fracas

#fuckonami
So what are the gametypes/maps for the tourney again?

Maps aren't 100% confirmed, but this is what we're thinking as far as I remember.

Arena Slayer on Powerhouse
2 Flag CTF on Refuge
Tiebreaker: 2 Flag CTF on Zealot

edit: Also designated and PMed 4 new captains:
789shadow
-Yeti
StalkerUKCG
senador

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom