• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

So what about BTB Objective?

5v5 Reach Objective blows, I completely agree with that.
I guess. I just don't think there will be a discernible difference in design of the maps with such a small numeric change. BTB maps run into the same problem that 5v5 objective does all the time, you just have more players rolling in to try and overcome it with numbers, and they spawn much farther away because those maps are so big. I doubt there will be that same proportional map size ballooning effect. Maybe my wording wasn't terribly appropriate, but I stand by my cynicism about it.

Gameplay-wise ODST wasn't anything special and neither were the encounters.

I disagree on both accounts. ODST's encounters are second only to Halo 3; they're very dynamic. ODST's gameplay was unique in that, aside from the Carbine which was available in small quantities, you had to use all your weapons on hand if you wanted to be most effective. Can't just take everything out with a DMR/BR/Needle Rifle/Pistol.

I guess. I just don't think there will be a discernible difference in design of the maps with such a small numeric change. BTB maps run into the same problem that 5v5 objective does all the time, you just have more players rolling in to try and overcome it with numbers, and they spawn much farther away because those maps are so big. I doubt there will be that same proportional map size ballooning effect. Maybe my wording wasn't terribly appropriate, but I stand by my cynicism about it.
I would like to think that the design of the maps will have to be drastically changed anyways to account for every player having sprint right off the bat. If 5v5 is indeed the default player count for Halo 4 then hopefully they factor that into map design.

Outside of the combat scenarios, one of the big pluses I give to ODST is that it's really consistent. There is no point in which the game takes a nosedive in quality that becomes unbearable on replay.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I watched the soccer game on my lunch break today. I saw the part of the game where it was 0-0 for half an hour and people kicked a ball around. I think one guy accidentally touched someone and a whistle was blown at one point.

Overdoziz

Banned
I watched the soccer game on my lunch break today. I saw the part of the game where it was 0-0 for half an hour and people kicked a ball around. I think one guy accidentally touched someone and a whistle was blown at one point.
Yeah, Italy did nothing, they only had about 40 shots on goal, so sad.

heckfu

Banned

You're so much more level headed than being 'that guy.' Give it a chance and learn the game and I promise you'll see in it what so many others do.

That's a Heckfu Guarantee™

m23

Halo 3 was definitely the most fun co-op wise, whereas Halo 1 or ODST were the best single player wise. Halo 2 was great in story telling and dialogue like many of you say, but for me it wasn't all that fun. I haven't replayed it in a while, so I may be forgetting some parts. Oh well, leading up to Halo 4 some friends and I will definitely be doing a complete run through of all the campaigns.

Reach was just not there for me, maybe the absence of Master Chief, but then again ODST didn't have Chief either, so I don't know.

Ryaaan14

Banned
You're so much more level headed than being 'that guy.' Give it a chance and learn the game and I promise you'll see in it what so many others do.

That's a Heckfu Guarantee™

Bahaha. I'll take your word for it.

I get the appeal though, just too damn slow paced for my taste.

I like soccer/football when I watch it, but I rarely watch it for whatever reason. Kinda like how I am with hockey.

Last time I watched was the Women's World Cup last year and it was great.

zap

I listened to the HaloGAF podcast last night, was really cool to get the Q&A about Halo 4 impressions. It was cool to hear how awesome everyone found it. Dat hype.

Overdoziz

Banned
ixSNKeWYY7zCQ.gif

:O

Fracas

#fuckonami
Teams will be selected tonight.

Also, tweeted the guy from the stream last night asking what DVDs I won, waiting for a reply. If he doesn't mind, I'll ask him to ship it to a HaloGAFfer.

I think I like 3 as far as dialogue goes.

I know you've already caught hell for this, but I have to quote it as well. WAT?

Halo 2 had the best dialogue and cutscenes, the Arbiters plot helped that as well.

Yep.

The conflict between the Elites and the Brutes leading to a civil war as the Arbiter finds out what the Great Journey actually is is the best plot arc in the series. It's not even close in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom